Author Topic: Seriously need some help here  (Read 1533 times)

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Seriously need some help here
« on: July 30, 2011, 11:52:19 AM »
Need to be serious, for the past 6 months someone has been looking at stuff(XXX) on my account on you tube which I know is impossible but they are trying. It shows in the history when I go to click to go to my channel. I've changed my password 5 times already and every morning its there. I tried getting the problem solved by asking on the you tube forums and they suggested key loggers which I don't see how that is possible. And this also happens while i'm on you tube, its starting to recommend the type of stuff this person is looking at. I honestly don't know what to do at this point and I do not want to deactivate my account.
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline bagrat

• Silver Member
Re: Seriously need some help here
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 11:57:26 AM »
have any brothers who may roam ur account if u forget to log out?...or some hacker just really wants u to feel awkward.
Last post by bagrat - The last thing you'll see before your thread dies since 2005.

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 12:02:31 PM »
I'd blame it on a little brother, it's happened to me before.

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 12:08:03 PM »
No I have a 4 year old brother and a 9 year old sister whom i'm sure aren't that type. My brother doesn't know how to use technology, and my sister never uses the lap top without my dad beside her. The only devices i've ever logged into are the computer at my grandparents my computer my lap top and my phone and ipod. I keep my information strict. If it was a hacker I would think my email and face book would have been corrupted by now also?

Offline PropHawk

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 12:10:39 PM »
No I have a 4 year old brother and a 9 year old sister whom i'm sure aren't that type. My brother doesn't know how to use technology, and my sister never uses the lap top without my dad beside her. The only devices i've ever logged into are the computer at my grandparents my computer my lap top and my phone and ipod. I keep my information strict. If it was a hacker I would think my email and face book would have been corrupted by now also?
Your dad perhaps? I mean no offense, just if the shoe fits.
I love WWI planes but they dont like me at all. :(
-------------------------------
Appointed by the masses.
The people have spoken.
They just didn't say anything intellegent... - Von Messa

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 12:13:14 PM »
Your dad perhaps? I mean no offense, just if the shoe fits.
That was my first suspicion but I realized he was in bed while I was on the lap top and this was going on so I had to rule out any family members. This happens while i'm on the only source of internet in my house.

Offline PropHawk

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 12:16:55 PM »
 :headscratch: Try a backtrace?
Appointed by the masses.
The people have spoken.

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2011, 01:30:14 PM »
Need to be serious, for the past 6 months someone has been looking at stuff(XXX) on my account on you tube which I know is impossible but they are trying. It shows in the history when I go to click to go to my channel. I've changed my password 5 times already and every morning its there. I tried getting the problem solved by asking on the you tube forums and they suggested key loggers which I don't see how that is possible. And this also happens while i'm on you tube, its starting to recommend the type of stuff this person is looking at. I honestly don't know what to do at this point and I do not want to deactivate my account.

Ok first of all... youtube is not exactly a place to get xxx stuff from so you're probably looking at a bot. Check to see if your account is constantly checking out the same person's channels or videos and if so, you know its a bot used to raise their view/like scores.

It could also be a bot using your pc as a zombie unit to overload the youtube server.

Another possibility is indeed a keylogger. However I dont see who would bother stealing a youtube password to view xxx stuff on youtube of all places...they would be better off stealing your credit card, MMO passwords, etc rather than give themselves off by using youtube.

There's an easy way to find out if you have a keylogger or a bot: Open a 2nd youtube account and close your current one. If your new one starts to be used then you know 100% its not your family and that you have malware in your rig.

... or your split personality disorder finally kicked in and the other you REALLY needs to learn where to get better xxx :P

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2011, 01:44:02 PM »
Ok first of all... youtube is not exactly a place to get xxx stuff from so you're probably looking at a bot. Check to see if your account is constantly checking out the same person's channels or videos and if so, you know its a bot used to raise their view/like scores.

It could also be a bot using your pc as a zombie unit to overload the youtube server.

Another possibility is indeed a keylogger. However I dont see who would bother stealing a youtube password to view xxx stuff on youtube of all places...they would be better off stealing your credit card, MMO passwords, etc rather than give themselves off by using youtube.

There's an easy way to find out if you have a keylogger or a bot: Open a 2nd youtube account and close your current one. If your new one starts to be used then you know 100% its not your family and that you have malware in your rig.

... or your split personality disorder finally kicked in and the other you REALLY needs to learn where to get better xxx :P
I know it doesn't but they look at video's that give xxx sites. I don't have any personal info on my computer so if it was a hacker I would think he would have just stopped seeing thre was nothing to gain. Closing my you tube though would erase my video's though and I really don't want to loose my stuff cause those video's are no longer on my computer.

Offline PropHawk

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2011, 01:45:08 PM »
G.Q.  :angel:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 01:47:10 PM by PropHawk »
Appointed by the masses.
The people have spoken.

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2011, 07:27:18 PM »
Chances are somebody looked at pron and got a virus
Sounds like it.
Do a "Boot Time" scan with your AV.

:cheers: Oz

Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline M0nkey_Man

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2011, 07:57:58 PM »
youtube for xxx :rofl
FlyKommando.com

"Tip of the dull butter knife"
delta07

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2011, 08:16:38 PM »
Chances are somebody looked at pron and got a virus
Sounds like it.
Do a "Boot Time" scan with your AV.

:cheers: Oz

More then likely if somene got a virus they got it from Facebook or one of those type sites. I've noticed more people getting bugs from the social networking sites then from pron sites lately
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 08:18:39 PM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2011, 08:44:59 PM »

More then likely if somene got a virus they got it from Facebook or one of those type sites. I've noticed more people getting bugs from the social networking sites then from pron sites lately
Those things on fb that require the survey, the survey distracts you as it uploads a virus. I had one on my computer so it could have seen my stored passwords, I changed it again and stored the password on my phone instead, and I also did the option of logging out of all computers that are signed into my account. So I guess time will tell.

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2011, 09:37:08 PM »
I'm going to go with Tac here... shut down your current Youtube account, wait for a couple of days, and then retry, but with another account. This way you'll know if it's a family member or not.

And I'm not sure about this... but does Youtube have a "sign out from all other places" option? I know MSN does, but I'm not sure aobut Youtube.