Author Topic: Hiding Carriers  (Read 16309 times)

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
Re: Hiding Carriers
« Reply #150 on: August 09, 2011, 07:49:24 PM »

hehe, NOE 51's from the vtards, not likely, in fact vtards rarely lead an NOE attack, but we do participate in those on occasion when posted by our countrymen... We typically grab at least 10k alt (it ain't easy to dive bomb from the deck).  Our approach is easily noted by dar bar (and anyone is free to up), and we are typically met with considerable defense, which quite frankly is our preference.  Frankly, the vast majority of those criticizing the vtards here have no clue what they're talking about. 

As for hiding the CV, it's not something I do (I typically only rank in the 200's overall and couldn't if I wanted to) , and frankly it requires the consensus of our higher ranking countrymen.  Please advise the last time a "vtard" was the highest ranking player online in our country.  Please advise the last time another country hid a CV, and the last time some of those who so vehemently object to it here in the forums either participated in hiding it, or failed to use their high rank to prevent it.  I understand why cv's get hidden, by us and from us.  When it happens, if necessary we take the time to find it.  Granted, the search takes us away from other objectives, but so be it as it's part of the game.

What I don't understand is that since EVERY COUNTRY HOARDS, HIDES CV's, ATTACKS WITH NOE MISSIONS etc.etc. etc. that anybody can be so self righteous as to single out any country or any squad for this behavior.

What I do understand is that my enemy is going to use every tactic and asset available to them to:

1.  Shoot me down (Yeah, I hate HOers as much as the next, but admit that if your perky comes at me head-on, GAME ON)

2.  Capture my bases.  (Yeah, hordes are hard to defend against, but it's hardly impossible.  I've stopped many and had many stopped)

3.  Stop me from capturing their bases.

4.  Win the war.

In fact, I'm pretty sure that any objective I want to accomplish during my gameplay is likely to be met with resistance from one of those infernal red guys.  On the other hand, without their resistance, I wouldn't have a reason to play.  So thanks for trying to shoot me down, spoil my attacks, capture my bases and using every means possible to do so.  It makes things fun.

May the best country win, and frankly it isn't always mine.  I've seen us rolled by the Rooks and routed by the Knights, have been frequently frustrated and often awed by their effectiveness, but I've never bothered to belittle them or insult them for how they choose to defeat me. 

Bottom line, every piece of equipment, tactic and strategy is equally available to every player in the game.  Every country undeniably uses every piece of equipment, tactic and strategy that is available to them, but to varying degrees of effectiveness at various times.  Complaining about your opponents use of these is just plain poor sportsmanship. 

After all, they can't do anything I can't do, but if they win they apparently just managed to do it better than me on that occasion.  And If I win, what would I have to complain about.

So, why are they complaining??? hmmm....

All that and not a answer as to how hiding a cv is promoting combat   
I've flown bish a lot and everytime I'm bish there is one of your squadies hiding a boat. When I take it from them they get someone else to take it from me and continue to hide it. 
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #151 on: August 09, 2011, 07:58:02 PM »
Roc is a known Puss.

Well Assi, if I knew who you were or thought your opinion of me mattered, I might be concerned about this  :rofl

Thanks for sharing though, always on the lookout for valid and credible participation in a discussion. 
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Dogtown

• Copper Member
« Reply #152 on: August 09, 2011, 08:02:39 PM »
Yes Spite ...hiding a cv is still lame  :D
Soooo's I'm standing there i got my ......NM

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #153 on: August 09, 2011, 08:17:08 PM »
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline RealDeal

• Copper Member
« Reply #154 on: August 09, 2011, 08:26:24 PM »
I think HTC has watched the gnashing of teeth and lamentations of women on this topic for a decade.

The fury you can invoke by hiding the enemies carrier is the only strategic mechanism in this game that will motivate people to fly across the map and bomb to get back and defend with constant air patrols to keep.

It's too bad we don't have somthing in our HQ/city/factory strat as compelling to people that will unleash such fury to make the effort worthwhile for strat targets the way they feel it is for hidden cv's.

personally I avoid all carrier fights. The puffy 3k alt+ constant ack is so mind numbing and badly coded it ruins the whole area for any type of flying for me.

the ww1 flak model that is deadly in a small  circle around the carrier at all altitudes would be a massive improvement.

+1
~BParker~
SHADE

Offline vNUCKS

• Copper Member
« Reply #155 on: August 09, 2011, 08:28:10 PM »

All that and not a answer as to how hiding a cv is promoting combat   
I've flown bish a lot and everytime I'm bish there is one of your squadies hiding a boat. When I take it from them they get someone else to take it from me and continue to hide it. 

I'll counter, how does it prevent combat?  With all the bases available to fight from and fight over, the opportunity for combat is readily available.  What it does is limits the opponents offensive capabilities, and is intended to facilitate winning the war.  Winning the war is undeniably one of the many objectives in the game.

I've explained their strategic reason's for doing so, am personally ambivalent to the tactic, but accept it as part of the game (and note that EVERY country does it).  I actually prefer to "neuter" the task group by sinking the cruiser and lighting the cv, a tactic which degrades it's offensive capabilities.

I also note that you've accompanied us on missions, on one occasion at my personal request.  On that mission, the base wasn't closed, the resistance was intense, we each cleared the other's six on at least one occasion, and we captured the base (and I landed it :D, but to give credit where credit is due, the guy clearing my six was a little better at it than the guy clearing his)

In game, I've treated you with respect.  You know you've picked me (A LOT!!!), and I've occasionally (ok, rarely) returned the favor.  Honestly, you are much more fun as an adversary than as an ally.  It's a whole lot more fun win a fight, take a base or win a war when it isn't easy, and when I hear you're in the fight against us I know it won't be easy.  I know that your style of gameplay differs from mine, but acknowledge that your style adds to the fun I get from  mine.

So, if you genuinely dislike the way we play, why do you so obviously make it a point to play against us so often?  You ain't fooling me...

:salute
vNucks

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #156 on: August 09, 2011, 08:38:47 PM »
You make a leap that a hoard of attacker's creates a "steam roller", which in my experience typically results in a hoard of defenders, and a whole lot of combat.  In fact it promotes combat.  Furthermore, the "steam roller"  you insist occurs is usually countered by an opposing "steam roller", which often reclaims the bases lost (the current map is a perfect example).  Which if you think about it, is clear evidence that the alleged "steam roller" isn't one.  

Attacking a base for the purpose of capturing it, promotes defending the base to prevent its capture, PROMOTING COMBAT.

Now let's imagine the game where nobody attacks, and in turn nobody defends.  I agree it's about the fight, but what would we be fighting about?

I have very rarely ever seen "combat" when the horde arrives, whether it's your squad or another. It's a gang that drops EVERYTHING at a field and shoot down the few defenders that do get up. Then while the defenders fly from another base to defend the horde captures and disappears. I have seen many bases switch back in minutes because the horde isn't into defending, just rolling the next base.

Hiding CVs is lame (deigning resources to the enemy), using hordes is lame (out number the enemy to insure winning the battle). This isn't war, nor a war simulation, IT"S A GAME. Just for the sake of argument "what if", 20 of the top cartoon fighter jocks create a squad. The mission is to suppress EVERY bish mission launched every night for 6 hours strait. How long before the bish nation is down to only a few players until this quad logs off?

20 of the top fighter guys could easily knock down any mission. To them it would be fun because they would be un-stoppable. However, I'll bet there wouldn't be that many bish having fun. Just because you CAN do a thing, doesn't always mean that you SHOULD do a thing.

Offline Assi29

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #157 on: August 09, 2011, 08:53:06 PM »
Well Assi, if I knew who you were or thought your opinion of me mattered, I might be concerned about this  :rofl

Thanks for sharing though, always on the lookout for valid and credible participation in a discussion.  

Maybe I'm not as well known because I don't treat the game like it's my personal Ham Radio.

I've prolly never been able to get a word in anytime I've been withing range of you because of your constant blabbering.

Roc on.

EDIT:  Wait, If you're not Rox, my feet taste horrible.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 08:56:45 PM by Assi29 »
In game - Assi      JG2

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #158 on: August 09, 2011, 09:13:24 PM »
.doh...after seeing the agent film......I delete my post  hahahaha

« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 09:37:42 PM by SPKmes »

Offline Agent360

• Nickel Member
      • http://troywardphotography.com
« Reply #159 on: August 09, 2011, 09:23:49 PM »
Incidnet from last night involving the Vtard and myself. I was trying to take a hidden cv and put in action to take an enemy base near the port where a second mission could launch and get the port back. They didint like it so they mass reported me and chat was suspended. What a bunch of winners.

Here is the film of the conversation.

Judge for yourself

http://dasmuppets.com/public/agent360/vtard_argument_0000.ahf

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #160 on: August 09, 2011, 09:25:05 PM »
I am not Rox.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #161 on: August 09, 2011, 09:30:33 PM »
Incidnet from last night involving the Vtard and myself. I was trying to take a hidden cv and put in action to take an enemy base near the port where a second mission could launch and get the port back. They didint like it so they mass reported me and chat was suspended. What a bunch of winners.

Here is the film of the conversation.

Judge for yourself

http://dasmuppets.com/public/agent360/vtard_argument_0000.ahf

funny I tried taking a hidden cv once and put it in play while I was bish and I was reported and muted. It happened on a friday afterHTC was closed so I had to wait till monday and skuzzy unmuted me.
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #162 on: August 09, 2011, 09:33:35 PM »
Roc is a known Puss.

Why would you say that about a guy who has volunteered more of his free time to promote it than most in here?

Poor form.

~AoM~

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #163 on: August 09, 2011, 09:39:48 PM »
SPKmes, you did notice that I typed "what if", even in quotes. Everything after that was all what if. I know ALL sides do this same crappy type of game play. The point I was trying to make is just because you can do something doesn't mean that you should.

Offline Assi29

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #164 on: August 09, 2011, 09:46:45 PM »

Why would you say that about a guy who has volunteered more of his free time to promote it than most in here?

Poor form.

Yeah.  It was pretty petty of me.

For what it's worth, I was thinking he was ROX. 

In game - Assi      JG2