Author Topic: Community Policing  (Read 1574 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: Community Policing
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2011, 12:15:46 PM »
Always record your film to catch them out  :t
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2011, 12:51:44 PM »
Losing ardy, not loosing.  :bhead :bhead

OMG!  TY Grizz!

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2011, 12:57:00 PM »
OMG!  TY Grizz!

JUGgler
Man, you guys need to revamp your HR department.  How did Ardy slip through the first four interviews??

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2011, 01:02:18 PM »
Man, you guys need to revamp your HR department.  How did Ardy slip through the first four interviews??

Changeup

I think Grizz is "loosing" control of things

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2011, 01:07:38 PM »

I think Grizz is "loosing" control of things

JUGgler

Pfewww!  I thought I was "loosing" my mind there for a moment.

Changeup

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2011, 01:26:13 PM »

Changeup

sometimes I wonder myself, blame Yenny
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2011, 01:30:30 PM »
sometimes I wonder myself, blame Yenny
Blame Yenny?  Grizz was out of the office for all FIVE of your interviews?  Hmmm, he's in everyday but the days you I interview...what's that tell ya? He could have been out trying to keep from "loosing" a muppet from the squad perhaps? :neener:

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2011, 01:33:44 PM »
Always record your film to catch them out  :t

Shoot me a PM on how to load a file please....

If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2011, 01:36:47 PM »
Blame Yenny?  Grizz was out of the office for all FIVE of your interviews?  Hmmm, he's in everyday but the days you I interview...what's that tell ya? He could have been out trying to keep from "loosing" a muppet from the squad perhaps? :neener:

don't worry Changeup, your application is still under review... we don't want to repeat mistakes  :devil

...unless of course you want to try out for the bomber wing
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 01:38:23 PM by Ardy123 »
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2011, 01:45:20 PM »
don't worry Changeup, your application is still under review... we don't want to repeat mistakes  :devil

...unless of course you want to try out for the bomber wing

That makes me feel much better....now I've got a fallback position if I dont get into vTards... :x

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2011, 02:09:53 PM »
butcher you have your settings set to nothing.  so you dont see any trees.  but whoever is in front of you and has their eye candy on, will see nothing but forest all around you.  you were not out in the open as you say.  not from the other player's point of view.

I wish the game would allow people to set their settings to low, but at the same time not show gvs if they otherwise would be hidden by trees.

semp

GV Settings have to be on maximum visual range otherwise you don't see GV's at a distance, so attempting to remove the "trees" from a distance only means you can't see a GV either so its pointless attempting to run at the lowest graphic settings - however I do not have the smooth ground settings or high res packs due to a laptop that easily overheats which causes it to crash due to the temperature.

What I see is what everyone else see's, its just not on a high resolution or "eye candy", he knew where I was, film you can clearly hear at least 20+ ricochets so I'm quite sure he clearly seen me on his end - rather he just wasn't able to kill me.

Hopefully in a few weeks I can get my new PC, its degrading enough when you can't even tell the angles of hills in a GV, which cause me to flip a GV 4-5 times a day because the hills are a light green color which match the ground surface, so judging the angles can be brutal.
JG 52

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2011, 02:21:29 PM »
GV Settings have to be on maximum visual range otherwise you don't see GV's at a distance, so attempting to remove the "trees" from a distance only means you can't see a GV either so its pointless attempting to run at the lowest graphic settings - however I do not have the smooth ground settings or high res packs due to a laptop that easily overheats which causes it to crash due to the temperature.

What I see is what everyone else see's, its just not on a high resolution or "eye candy", he knew where I was, film you can clearly hear at least 20+ ricochets so I'm quite sure he clearly seen me on his end - rather he just wasn't able to kill me.

Hopefully in a few weeks I can get my new PC, its degrading enough when you can't even tell the angles of hills in a GV, which cause me to flip a GV 4-5 times a day because the hills are a light green color which match the ground surface, so judging the angles can be brutal.

When GVing I've noticed a few things...  Mountains aren't always opaque, trees and other flora aren't always there, and what the other guy sees is more important than what you see.  I've been behind hedge rows where the only thing I see is round after round going through the hedge row and hitting me.  From other guys film, he was actually lobbing over the top, however due to how the game computes things, round is on a flat tragectory on my screen.  I've been behind mountains or hills where I know there was no way someone could see me, only to have someone lob a round over the top or get an extremely narrow angle for a shot.  I've seen on my end how this happens, and it's because sometimes you can just see things through mountains (like the sun).

Finally, in regards to graphics settings:

Turning down your vis range or your object range will only make it harder to take long shots, all objects are still there, now you just can't see them.  There are objects that 'aren't there'.  These are the same things you drive through.  Turn off 'bump map terrain' and hit ctrl-f4 when GVing, you'll get rid of the clutter, and focus your graphics to loading what you can actually see in a GV.  This is about the biggest advantage you can get by tweaking game settings.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2011, 02:30:42 PM »
Finally, in regards to graphics settings:

Turning down your vis range or your object range will only make it harder to take long shots, all objects are still there, now you just can't see them.  There are objects that 'aren't there'.  These are the same things you drive through.  Turn off 'bump map terrain' and hit ctrl-f4 when GVing, you'll get rid of the clutter, and focus your graphics to loading what you can actually see in a GV.  This is about the biggest advantage you can get by tweaking game settings.

I can't exactly tweak the game, its either on or "off" and in my case everything is pretty much off like skins, weapon effects or Vehicle, however Horizon is on.

Dont know what bump map terrain is, but I shut everything off in the advanced graphic setting due to problems in the past.
JG 52

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2011, 03:05:27 PM »

butcher i have lowered my settings and I see a lot less trees than using higher settings.  I am not blaming you, I already know your laptop cant handle the extra eye candy.  just pointing out that you are not actually in the open.  even more you were on the other side of a hill and were even further hidden from the others.  again, nothing wrong with taking advantage of terrain i wouldda done the same thing.  but just pointing it out to you.  i dont think you did anything wrong there, except stating that you were out in the open in plain view.  had you been out in plain view they wouldda nailed you.

like I said you did nothing and it's really childish for others to accuse you of something that isnt true.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2011, 08:56:51 PM »
Long film. http://www.mediafire.com/?awehl6zjzf6v8ff  

Key times (after 14 minutes of spawn dying) yes..yes...I do enjoy it and don't complain, I just say again....there is a special chinese hell for spawn campers.

I don't accuse you of shooting through trees, we agree that perspective causes the illusion (21:00ish) Also having a cordial PM conversation about tanks et al.....

I warn you guys that I am headed your way with bombs after the camp, and you get fixed mr. I was tracked the whole time somewhere in the first 14 minutes (14:43)

I ditch my ords in response to the airplanes and through some crazy fluke that land near you, I was "trying to bomb you" (22:37) you said you have bombs, I reply I have no bombs (29:28)

The bottom line is you were cool, until you were killed.  Somehow spawn camping is OK, but bombing a spawn camper in response is not. This post was only partially about you.   

If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum