Author Topic: Community Policing  (Read 1575 times)

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
Community Policing
« on: August 08, 2011, 07:00:41 PM »
I gave this some thought, frankly the Amsoil thread got me going.  Today I had a "you did not kill me fair" etc... day on 200 from most I killed.  The ringer was a guy who says "I was PWd by a 38 earlier"  "our fight would have been different were that not the case" (paraphrase).  So I review the film and it is indeed me who shoots the guy. Or the spawn camper who says he is not spawn camping.  I just can't fathom people who have such low opinions of themselves they insist on lying in a video game.  

So the question is, should the GD be used to reveal in game liars for what they are?  I think so.  I grow weary of people claiming on 200 to have had a fight go a certain way, when in fact it did not.  It just becomes a fruitless he said she said fight.  So, talk crap on 200....risk your reputation (dare I say).  Thoughts?  
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: Community Policing
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 07:04:23 PM »
No need to post it here.  Two thoughts:

1. Folks can proclaim themselves saints or sinners. Everyone who pays attention in game knows who is doing what and how they play.

2. In the end, who cares?    Either way I'm still not really dying.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 07:12:02 PM »
When people whine about loosing, the best response is...

"Your right because you are the best pilot in the history of AH"

... they usually don't know what to say after that.

Also, the community quickly discovers who is full of it and who is not, so more often than not, others will step in and back you up if you have a reputation of credibility.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 07:22:31 PM »
Or, you can tell them that you have seen their type before and they look a lot like this....

"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 07:25:57 PM »
I relish those type of moments. Mmm tasty tears  :D
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 07:27:04 PM »
I don't see the point in posting it here, it's not going to accomplish anything.  For some folks there will always be an excuse and the community generally knows who they are anyway, so posting it here isn't going to alter their behavior for the most part.  Instead it's just going to create a series of nasty threads that will go no-where and degenerate from there till they are ultimately locked.  It highlights the bad behavior of a relatively few individuals, gives them the attention they crave, and  puts a bad face on the community here and doesn't really bring anything positive to the table.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 07:28:23 PM »
I don't see the point in posting it here, it's not going to accomplish anything.  For some folks there will always be an excuse and the community generally knows who they are anyway, so posting it here isn't going to alter their behavior for the most part.  Instead it's just going to create a series of nasty threads that will go no-where and degenerate from there till they are ultimately locked.  It highlights the bad behavior of a relatively few individuals, gives them the attention they crave, and  puts a bad face on the community here and doesn't really bring anything positive to the table.

Agreed

"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 07:39:54 PM »
Ok... I buy all that.   :salute
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 08:29:50 PM »

This is a good example of "community policing".

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 09:43:39 PM »
I relish those type of moments. Mmm tasty tears  :D

Mmmmmm relish...
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 10:04:08 PM »
Nice job Soulyss.

Dirtdart.  No one with an ounce of sense cares one iota about what some of these guys say or do.  Why do you?  .squelch and just play the game with those who you enjoy talking to and ignore the rest.  Just because they mouth off doesn't mean you owe them a defense or an explanation. 

I just can't fathom people who have such low opinions of themselves they insist on lying in a video game.
Do you understand where you would have to be mentally to comprehend why people do this?  Why would you want to go there?  It's text, can't reach out and bloody your nose so it's irrelevant drivel.  The effort to squelch it is more effort than it needs, but that is probably the most attention it should get.  Even posting like this gives those very few all the fuel they need to keep at it.  Attention starved individuals dry up and move on if there is nothing to feast on.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline DaHand

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2011, 10:04:54 PM »
WOuldn't it be against the rules if we did that?

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2011, 10:18:26 PM »
Yes Hand, there is that part of the whole concept he would have to deal with as well :)
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2011, 11:08:41 PM »
To quote Slapshot, one of the guys I respect in Aces High.

"There is always a small microcosm of people who need to explain away their suckage."
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2011, 11:11:30 PM »
Don't tune 200?

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay