Author Topic: Spixteen perked ?  (Read 23557 times)

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
Re: Spixteen perked ?
« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2011, 02:22:25 PM »
I would like to point out that the stats point to the majority of kills were made by 4 people in the k4.

Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: August 10, 2011, 02:27:28 PM »
I would like to point out that the stats point to the majority of kills were made by 4 people in the k4.

That's not even close to a majority based on that chart.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #107 on: August 10, 2011, 02:29:38 PM »
where the spit 16 distribution is not so extreme
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #108 on: August 10, 2011, 02:30:32 PM »
Lower than the p38G yet the p38g has no chance against a spit16

It actually does but you really wouldn't know that.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #109 on: August 10, 2011, 02:32:17 PM »
How'd you get that chart?

Oh hey, I'm purple.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2011, 02:32:55 PM »
That's not even close to a majority based on that chart.
Not but the key is the distribution as a percentage, Grizz, Bunnies and Dennis make up over 30% of the kills in a k4. The percentage was greater than the top sticks of the spit 16 pie chart. This implies that more people find it difficult to be successful in the k4 than the spit 16.
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: August 10, 2011, 02:33:37 PM »
It actually does but you really wouldn't know that.

ack-ack

My spit16 vs your P38g best of 20, you won't win a fight.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #112 on: August 10, 2011, 02:34:12 PM »
How'd you get that chart?

Oh hey, I'm purple.

Copy the info from the stats page into a .csv file. Then open the .csv file in excel using 'tabs' as the delimiter. Then tell it to sort the data and visualize it.
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #113 on: August 10, 2011, 02:35:34 PM »

Spit = documented and confirmed EZ mode plane  :P.

It's been documented since the Spitfire was first designed, pilots that flew it in real life praised it's great handling and ease of flying.  Honestly, who really cares if a plane is easier to fly than others?  Does it really kick player's egos in the bellybutton when they get shot down by a plane they feel is an "EZ Mode" plane?  Does it somehow make the player that lost feel better knowing that, in his little feeble mind, that he lost not due to a mistake or lack of skill on his part or being out flown but rather because the plane he fought against was easier to fly?  With thinking like that, are you not surprised the majority that play couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag with a hole in it?

ack-ack

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: August 10, 2011, 02:35:45 PM »
where the spit 16 distribution is not so extreme
(Image removed from quote.)

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.  The Spit XVI sees twice the usage of the 109K.  That being the case, even if the top 3-4 Spit pilots killed the same number of enemies over a six month period as the top 3-4 109K pilots, they'd still represent a relatively smaller proportion of the overall pie.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #115 on: August 10, 2011, 02:37:08 PM »
The 109K4(And the 38) crowd is generally more skilled than the Spit/N1k crowd, which explains the discrepancy in K/D.  

It depends on which P-38.  The discrepancy is found usually with the G and the J model, not the L so you can't lump in all the P-38s as each one has it's own tale to tell.

ack-ack

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #116 on: August 10, 2011, 02:38:52 PM »
Your proposed experiment was ridiculous at best, utterly moronic at worst.  Propose something a little more reasonable.  How about You, and three more experten Pigs all in K4s vs me in a Spit16.  Best of 5 Wins.

Now wait a sec Grizz, you are besmirching Moot's awesome sortie to prove the Spit 16's uberness.  Wasn't it six planes that the EZ Spit 16 gave him super powers to defeat?  Were they all K-4's?  Did he ask two to stand aside while he dealt with the first four?  Did he get a best of 5 opportunity?  I need not have you try, perhaps some other pilot that feels the Spit 16 is EZ and therefore gives an edge to the pilot flying it can at least meet the challenge.  You cannot seem to back up your cited evidence.  Seems to me that the EZ Spit 16 you were talking about is not enough even with a great pilot behind the stick.  Therefore not so EZ.  My thought is that the amazing feat is only repeatable against newb pilots that are not coordinated.  Cool sortie for Moot, but proves little else.  I appreciate your counter offer, but all of us fly our own EZ planes everyday in the arenas and land four kills.  Further they never get to pick their opponents planes.  Now I have not trashed you and have acknowledged your skill, but silly categorizations of planes due to a persons preferences are just that, silly.

CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #117 on: August 10, 2011, 02:43:06 PM »
Not but the key is the distribution as a percentage, Grizz, Bunnies and Dennis make up over 30% of the kills in a k4. The percentage was greater than the top sticks of the spit 16 pie chart. This implies that more people find it difficult to be successful in the k4 than the spit 16.

That's not what that says at all.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #118 on: August 10, 2011, 02:45:11 PM »
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.  The Spit XVI sees twice the usage of the 109K.  That being the case, even if the top 3-4 Spit pilots killed the same number of enemies over a six month period as the top 3-4 109K pilots, they'd still represent a relatively smaller proportion of the overall pie.

Any ideas on a better quantitative metric which one can easily get data for?

I thought about using k/d as a third field, but mining the data would take forever, as I would have to dig up each pilots kills and deaths listed and then do the division.

That's not what that says at all.
enlighten us then...

==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #119 on: August 10, 2011, 02:45:59 PM »
Now wait a sec Grizz, you are besmirching Moot's awesome sortie to prove the Spit 16's uberness.  Wasn't it six planes that the EZ Spit 16 gave him super powers to defeat?  Were they all K-4's?  Did he ask two to stand aside while he dealt with the first four?  Did he get a best of 5 opportunity?  I need not have you try, perhaps some other pilot that feels the Spit 16 is EZ and therefore gives an edge to the pilot flying it can at least meet the challenge.  You cannot seem to back up your cited evidence.  Seems to me that the EZ Spit 16 you were talking about is not enough even with a great pilot behind the stick.  Therefore not so EZ.  My thought is that the amazing feat is only repeatable against newb pilots that are not coordinated.  Cool sortie for Moot, but proves little else.  I appreciate your counter offer, but all of us fly our own EZ planes everyday in the arenas and land four kills.  Further they never get to pick their opponents planes.  Now I have not trashed you and have acknowledged your skill, but silly categorizations of planes due to a persons preferences are just that, silly.

You, Zoom, and 2 other pigs in Bf109K4's vs my Spit16 best of 5.  If you cannot accept this generous challenge, then you have proven my point.  In fact I am hoping you skirt away from it because winning a 4v1 best of 5 against 4 vets will be quite a task, even for me in the easiest plane in the game.