Author Topic: 12 hour rule and the "less" fun it created for me  (Read 9235 times)

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
12 hour rule and the "less" fun it created for me
« on: August 10, 2011, 09:32:42 AM »
I find myself spending more time in the tower looking for anything other than a "single" plane dar. It is becoming rare, if I do launch against the single plane dar it is more than likely high bombers or a 190 porker, sad and boring! Until the game mechanics make the "war" more fun and engaging I must try something new to generate some action. So here it goes:

From now on when I launch I will announce where from and what direction I am traveling, I hope this will entice "as many" folks as possible to come smack me around and recieve the 200 accolades you deserve. Now I must announce that "IF" my lauch coincides with a mission "OR" is from a high value CV group (hidden or not), then I am apologizing for exposing them in advance--->"I'M SORRY"

Again I will continue this until the "war" is something engaging and fun or until I can switch sides again within an hour or less!

Have a wonderful day

:salute

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: 12 hour rule and the "less" fun it created for me
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 09:38:46 AM »
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 09:41:54 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

:rofl  It is not a whine, it is an adjustment to try and get more bang for "MY BUCK"  :aok

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 09:43:58 AM »

:rofl  It is not a whine, it is an adjustment to try and get more bang for "MY BUCK"  :aok

JUGgler

:cry :furious :cry :frown: :cry

:rolleyes:

:old: :airplane:  :joystick:

:D

« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 09:48:07 AM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 09:46:27 AM »
I find myself spending more time in the tower looking for anything other than a "single" plane dar. It is becoming rare, if I do launch against the single plane dar it is more than likely high bombers or a 190 porker, sad and boring! Until the game mechanics make the "war" more fun and engaging I must try something new to generate some action. So here it goes:

From now on when I launch I will announce where from and what direction I am traveling, I hope this will entice "as many" folks as possible to come smack me around and recieve the 200 accolades you deserve. Now I must announce that "IF" my lauch coincides with a mission "OR" is from a high value CV group (hidden or not), then I am apologizing for exposing them in advance--->"I'M SORRY"

Again I will continue this until the "war" is something engaging and fun or until I can switch sides again within an hour or less!

Have a wonderful day

:salute

JUGgler

:rofl So, if I don;t want to fight, I will ignore you and if I do want to fight, I ll ignore you again since you are only one plane and 10 minutes of fling just for a 30 second fight is not worth it.

Next idea please  :old:
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 09:49:23 AM »
Serious question Juggler.  What time do you usually fly?  I'll admit my opinions of "is there or is there not a fight" is colored by the time I am usually online.  During prime time 8 PM EDT to 11:00 EDt I have no problems finding a fight.  Just curious....
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 09:57:28 AM »
During prime time 8 PM EDT to 11:00 EDt I have no problems finding a fight.

Umm... yeah.  That might potentially be why you don't have trouble finding a fight.  ;)

After about midnight-1:00EDT, at least flying Rook, it starts to peter out and be as Juggler describes.  You'll get the occasional small furball depending who's on, but it can be a real pain to find opposing bardar that's more than 1 plane or 2 planes deep.

Quite often, the other two countries are engaged somewhere, and your country's fronts are pretty much dead.

Not grumbling about it particularly, just saying that's the behavior I've experienced.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2011, 10:31:34 AM »
In all seriousness, I was on between 3-8am eastern time this morning. There was an ok fight on bish so I fought it out there for awhile, the fight died.. only fight was on rook so I switched rook. An hour later both rook fronts were green. I had 4 choices at that point, bomb something that won't fight back, fly 10-20 sectors, go fight the two guys in the DA lake, or log. I logged.

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2011, 10:42:43 AM »
Imagine that, an MMO game with a miniscule player base that has very little going on in the early hours of the morning...

It's a shame about the 12 hour rule making it harder to balance the sides/find some action in these situations, but if we are to believe HTC it was done for 'the greater good'  :]   suck it up
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 10:45:51 AM by coombz »

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 10:46:07 AM »
Jugz, on the rare occasion I'm on, I'll look for ya. Not saying I can give you much of a fight, but I'll sure try.

Wurz
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2011, 10:48:51 AM »
Jugz, on the rare occasion I'm on, I'll look for ya. Not saying I can give you much of a fight, but I'll sure try.

Wurz

:salute :salute wurz, haven't seen you in a while   :salute

The "meat" of my post is "between the lines"

Someone will disect it, then the true rage will begin  :rock

The clue being  "you must think like a lawyer"  :aok

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2011, 10:52:13 AM »
(Disclaimer: All critiquing and nitpicking I do should be viewed as a compliment.
If your artwork/skin/game sucks I do not comment or view it as worth my 2 cents to give feedback to make it better. However If your artwork/skin/game is good and I view you as someone with talent/skill/capability I will take interest in your creations and use my rather razor sharp pattern recognition and critique sensibilities and look very closely at such things that you have made that have captivated my attention. I will then comment on what I have observed. You may question the manner in which I do this as it may be mistaken as an insult but it is a compliment and should be interpreted as such.)

I used to bounce from side to side a lot to be on the side with low numbers or the best fight before the 12 hr thing.

but I also picked a side often based on if it had a ground vehicle war going or not.
You would be amazed how few maps we have in rotation have had any attempt made by the map maker to facilitate the poor gv dweebs having a solid setup where a gv fight will be present most of the time.

If they are lucky enough to find a fight they still have to endure being bombed every sortie by the planes that need icons to find the tanks under trees and cover. There is such a plentiful supply of tanks that will keep upping after getting bombed that it is imperitive that all tanks have icons so they can be exterminated like roaches so that the ground war ends and everyone gets back in their planes out of frustration of the fact that air cover has never been reliable in this game. Even when the map is setup to funnel furballers right on top of the ground war to pick off the bombers the bombs still get dropped and then the bomber gets picked off after the tanks are dead. Whats more tank lifespan even without bombs is already measured in minutes.  :joystick:

Overall the 12hr thing has not affected me much as I have been picking a side based on whatever country my squad is flying when I log on. though it removes the option to switch again in the same day if needed.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 11:00:50 AM by Citabria »
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2011, 10:54:58 AM »

:salute :salute wurz, haven't seen you in a while   :salute

The "meat" of my post is "between the lines"

Someone will disect it, then the true rage will begin  :rock

The clue being  "you must think like a lawyer"  :aok

JUGgler

:lol the clear message within is that you will continue to throw your toys out of the pram (by announcing missions or CVs) until you get your way

I don't think anyone would have trouble deciphering that...taking such a childish attitude seriously is a lot harder

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2011, 10:57:16 AM »
:lol the clear message within is that you will continue to throw your toys out of the pram (by announcing missions or CVs) until you get your way

I don't think anyone would have trouble deciphering that...taking such a childish attitude seriously is a lot harder

You fail to see the whole picture, but please continue!

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2011, 11:36:18 AM »
hey no "dicta" anywhere in the title.  what the heck, must be a bug. 

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.