Author Topic: 12 hour rule and the "less" fun it created for me  (Read 9235 times)

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: 12 hour rule and the "less" fun it created for me
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2011, 11:12:34 AM »
ANYBODY can announce a mission or CV location on 200.

ANYBODY can announce a mission or CV location on the phone.

ANYBODY can announce a mission or CV location over TS, Vent, etc.

Spiez is gonna be spiez. No way around it.  :noid

The 12 hour limit only prevents bored players from finding fights.

However, I haven't played in a few months, so what do I know anyway. (As an outsider looking in I think 12 hrs is teh ghey)

:salute

P.S. What did you think of my attempt at teh interwebz spelling? Pretty good no?  :lol

You forgot a few:

ANYBODY can announce a mission or CV location by using a pm.

ANYBODY can announce a mission or CV location  by having a member of there squad on the other side using squad vox.

ANYBODY can announce a mission or CV location  by typing their buddys name in vox and telling him.

I hope they move the 12 hour thing to a month and get rid of the back channel  :aok

Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2011, 01:01:21 PM »
Better check with DMGOD about that. I think he got into a little trouble over this, IIRC.

Nutz

Dmgod got in trouble because he manned up and told hitech the truth even though he knew he'd get in trouble.
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2011, 07:25:13 PM »
Dmgod got in trouble because he manned up and told hitech the truth even though he knew he'd get in trouble.
DMCod, said. Look at my e-pen and asked. What you gonna do about it creator of the game I play? :D
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2011, 02:07:15 PM »
:cry :furious :cry :frown: :cry

:rolleyes:

:old: :airplane:  :joystick:

:D

you're not bone dont emoti-converse!
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2011, 03:10:19 PM »
you're not bone dont emoti-converse!

you sure   :noid
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2011, 03:43:19 PM »
 Constantly changing sides to the best fight is an instant and individual solution. If everyone did this then the sides would be permanently unbalanced. It is only because alot of people suck it up and stick with their chess piece through good and bad times that others are able to switch sides willy nilly. My advise is that those complaining about the side switching should try and stick with one team through good and bad times for a few days.
 You might find that constantly seeking the best possible fight is whats crushing your fun. you might find that sticking on one side for a few days will bring you high points and low points, within that the high points will seem so much better. Otherwise you are constantly seeking a high point and decreasing the value of said high point untill you find no value in anything and come to air your grievances on the forum in so many different guises. It is actualy a little selfish to always switch sides to find the situation you prefer because it is not possible for everyone to play that way. Try not to have a knee jerk reaction to what I am saying, try to read and understand the obvious accuracy of what I am saying.

S!
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2011, 06:05:58 PM »
Constantly changing sides to the best fight is an instant and individual solution. If everyone did this then the sides would be permanently unbalanced. It is only because alot of people suck it up and stick with their chess piece through good and bad times that others are able to switch sides willy nilly. My advise is that those complaining about the side switching should try and stick with one team through good and bad times for a few days.
 You might find that constantly seeking the best possible fight is whats crushing your fun. you might find that sticking on one side for a few days will bring you high points and low points, within that the high points will seem so much better. Otherwise you are constantly seeking a high point and decreasing the value of said high point untill you find no value in anything and come to air your grievances on the forum in so many different guises. It is actualy a little selfish to always switch sides to find the situation you prefer because it is not possible for everyone to play that way. Try not to have a knee jerk reaction to what I am saying, try to read and understand the obvious accuracy of what I am saying.

S!

Good Post +1
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2011, 06:48:27 PM »

S!

when I first came here to AH I played for two years on the bish side and never switched, the squad I was in didn't allow it, eventually I left that squad and the first thing I did was switch sides to the lowest numbered side and attack the bish which were hoarding, ever since then I have been switching as often as needed to find a hoard of red to attack, this is what I find fun.....my hours in AH have dropped dramatically, I hate being stuck on a side that is Hoarding, so I just don't play,  sux cuz I very much  selfishly enjoyed AH

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2011, 07:29:21 PM »

S!

So when the side you're sticking with has nothing but large green bardars on both fronts,get ganging with the rest of em?  Gee. That sounds like fun!

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2011, 07:48:24 PM »
So when the side you're sticking with has nothing but large green bardars on both fronts,get ganging with the rest of em?  Gee. That sounds like fun!

Wiley.

Nothing makes you do this. When that happens on nits I take a P51D with maximum fuel and go find a bish/rook fight to join. Taking the rough with the smooth, sir.

And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2011, 09:10:24 PM »
I'm gonna have to agree with JUGgler, Shuffler, Ink, Citabria, and Melvin on this.

I used to stick with one side way back in the day when My squad had the numbers, but I have never had some zealot cultist loyalty to a chess piece in some cartoon war. With a dwindling squad roster I find myself switching sides threw out the day to flying with friends that often aren't on the same country.

The 12 hour rules is going to force me to stay Knight as this is the side my squad flies on. Its also the side my friends in 80th and Muskies fly for. Unfortunately I will no longer be able to fly with Hoagie and Nickle from the jokers on the bish side any longer. This is a shame since I known these guys for over 15 years. I've known many people in this game for well over a decade and I know many of them In person, in real life.

The 12 hour rule is going to make ENY values and team balancing a real pain in the arse. the 12 hour wait to switch sides is completely counter productive to the concept of side balancing. It wont stop People from spying or Suiciding the CV's. Its not going to stop people from changing sides to win a war for a map reset, or stop people from changing sides to be on the winning side of war win. It sure isn't going to being any maturity to this game.

the 12 hour rules only takes away options and makes the game less fun.
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."
The Damned! (Est. 1988) Damned if we do - No fun if we don't!
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2011, 10:52:49 PM »
How long do you play for? After a session in which you switched once I assume you will need to sleep granting another switch the next time you play. Technicaly you are able to fly one sortie for every country within 12.5 hours. Anything other than that is not side balancing or flying with friends, it is moat likely oppertunism and the denial of that seems to be the main crux of this gripe.

Surely being able to play on two sides for any given session is adequate?

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2011, 11:09:36 PM »
How long do you play for? After a session in which you switched once I assume you will need to sleep granting another switch the next time you play. Technicaly you are able to fly one sortie for every country within 12.5 hours. Anything other than that is not side balancing or flying with friends, it is moat likely oppertunism and the denial of that seems to be the main crux of this gripe.

Surely being able to play on two sides for any given session is adequate?

Well that depends.

My flight times Vary allot, from day to day and week to week.

I normally Log in and look at the roster. In the late morning that is usually the Joker's Jokers. Nickel and Hoagi are East Costers. These guys Fly Bish.

In the PM after Work Some of the damned are up on Knights. after that most of the 80th are on Knights as well however Dan and Lew are known to jump sides to find a fight so I could end up flying rook. That's all 3 countries in less then 24 hours.

What really sucks is at 1 pm Pacific when low numbers and high NMY values the 12 hour rule is a game breaker. Better to just log off and play something else. Pretty soon I'l be right where I was a few years ago trying to justify paying good money for a game I don't play enough.

Most of the people comment on this "gripe" happen to be some of the best people in the game. I've never seen the likes of Ink, Juggler, Shuffler, Abuse the game mechanics or behave "Opportunistically", In any way that would require a rule change.  

What I see is people wanting the 12 hour rule because they are PO'ed that its harder to hide carriers off the map next to a mountain and don't like large squads changing sides to force a reset to a bad map with bugs for a better one. Oh! that's been done in the last 48 hours, so I guess the 12 hour rule isn't doing anything here either. Considering how often large squads like the Devils Brigade Do this I don't think a 12 hour rule is going to have much of an effect on them. They have already done it with the 12 hour rule in effect.

Think about this. I get text messages from twitter threads I fallow and face book updates on my cell phone., it would be nothing for some one to set a twitter account just for MA mission updates, making any in game rules against spying useless. People could post Mission info, CV locations. People who fallow those threads on their cell phones can Update people online in game in real time. There is nothing stopping me or anyone else from posting screen shots of our Clipboard maps to Facebook.

So what exactly is the 12 hour rules suppose to accomplish other then to deprive us of some fun flying with or against our friends? as Far as I can see its not stopping people from changing it limiting how much time must pass between changes. Again what exactly is this going to solve?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 11:55:13 PM by Mayhem »

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2011, 11:44:24 PM »
I understand and I take your points onboard. I'm only playing devil's advocate, it does not hurt or benefit me at all either way.

S!

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2011, 11:52:17 PM »
I understand and I take your points onboard. I'm only playing devil's advocate, it does not hurt or benefit me at all either way.

S!

I'm not taking offense, My typing, spelling, and grammar sucks. But I would honestly wish some one could answer what purpose they expect a return to the 12 hour rule is going to accomplish?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 11:56:52 PM by Mayhem »