Author Topic: Which of these '51D skins would you like to see submitted? Straw poll!  (Read 11942 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: Which of these '51D skins would you like to see submitted? Straw poll!
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 02:58:30 AM »
Grim Reaper, Down for Double, and Bad Angel.
Lighten up Francis

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2011, 04:17:49 AM »
They all look great and well worth inclusion in the game. However if I have to choose I'd go for Grim Reaper, The Flying Undertaker and Down for Double.

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2011, 05:15:19 AM »
the flying undertaker.

best one.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2011, 08:03:04 AM »
You know, it does have the feel of a horse race..

And they're off!

It's Daddy's Girl, Glamorous Glen, Down for Double and Bad Angel first out of the gate...

Daddy's Girl and Glamorous Glen in the lead...

Now here comes Down for Double and Katydid...

It's Daddy's Girl, Glamorous Glen, Down for Double and Bad Angel with Grim Reaper and Chicago's Own struggling to get out of the gate...

And here comes Flying Undertaker and Bad Angel on the outside -- it's Bad Angel by a nose as they enter the clubhouse turn...

Now Daddy's Girl and Bad Angel neck and neck...

Daddy's Girl by a nose - now pulling away from the pack...

Now here comes Katydid!   Glamorous Glen falling back into the pack...

It's Daddy's Girl, Bad Angel and Katydid followed by Down for Double and Flying Undertaker out of the clubhouse turn...

It's Daddy's Girl and Bad Angel, Daddy's Girl and Bad Angel - Grim Reaper works her way up thru the pack....

It's Daddy's Girl, Bad Angel, Down for Double followed by Flying Undertaker, Grim Reaper and Katydid with Chicago's Own trailing badly...

It's Daddy's Girl by a length, followed by Bad Angel, Down for Double and Flying Undertaker...Grim Reaper, Katydid and  
Glamorous Glen with Chicago's Own bringing up the rear on the backstretch...

« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 08:39:44 AM by oboe »

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2011, 08:13:23 AM »
Katydid, Daddy's Girl and Grim Reaper.

Lets not go overboard on Pacific skins.  The mainland China ones are cool but a proponderance of them is a waste as there just wasn't much of an Air War there.

Shomo won the MOH so I figure that one rates.  Skip Yeager's bird.  I like Katydid just because the markings are unique.  Unique is good in my book .  The rest I could care less about since they're simply just more generic ETO skins and blend in with the crowd.  

Bad Angel = unique as well, so  :aok for that one too...
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 08:18:43 AM by Stoney »
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline Qrsu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2011, 08:37:49 AM »
Love them all, Oboe. If I were to choose one, however: The Flying Undertaker

Amended: I also really like Katydid and Grim Reaper.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 08:54:09 AM by Qrsu »
Cursed
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2011, 08:41:39 AM »
Love them all, Oboe. If I were to choose one, however: The Flying Undertaker

Thanks QRSU - feel free to choose more than one.   I'll work up at least 3 for sure.

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2011, 09:12:52 AM »
I am gonna piggy back on this thread to keep it centralized..  Should I finish this one up and submitt it?

Maj. Jack M Ilfrey. Houston, TX. 79th Fighter Squadron. 20th Fighter Group, P-51D 44-13761 MC-I "Happy Jack's Go Buggy".

Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2011, 09:21:53 AM »
^ Wow now that is a colorful paint scheme. Definitely submit!
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2011, 09:22:42 AM »
Re: "Submit them all" -- we still don't know how many IF any free slots we'll have after all the backlogged P-51 skins are put into the game. Having 1 person submit a flood of skins at the first sign of free slots may just remove any extra space we gained. I think he is being respectful to other skinners and being responsible to get the best choices submitted rather than just sending them all in. Big salute for that, Oboe!

Fencer: It's nice, and I wouldn't say no to it at all, but IMO I would probably still mostly fly "Lou IV" when I want my OD/BMF mixed colors P-51Ds.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2011, 09:23:33 AM »
I voted in the preview thread, but might as well re-state it here:

Down for a Double. I like Undertaker, but IMO we seem to have several similar P-51 skins like that already (with those stripes)

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2011, 09:36:15 AM »
I am gonna piggy back on this thread to keep it centralized..  Should I finish this one up and submitt it?

Maj. Jack M Ilfrey. Houston, TX. 79th Fighter Squadron. 20th Fighter Group, P-51D 44-13761 MC-I "Happy Jack's Go Buggy".

(Image removed from quote.)
When i first seen that picture, i thought thats a 190... for a second. Nice skin.

Btw. we have 16 open slots for every plane... dont worry about which one to submit.
AoM
City of ice

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2011, 09:40:43 AM »
I love Jack Ilfrey and that's a great looking scheme!  Lots of interesting elements in that skin - nicely detailed.  Only downside to it I see is there already is a 20th FG '51D in game.   But this one's FG ID pattern on the nose is different from the other; and OD upper surface wings set it apart from most 51D skins.

Even 32 slots isn't enough for the Pony IMO.   I still hope they rotate out a lot of the older skins.   Many comments I hear from non-AH players when I show them our skins is how much the graphics suck.   But the newer skins do a much better job with detail I think, so please HTC, retire the old ones to make room for newer, better, more detailed skins.   I still hope they add the birdcage canopy '51B and the early 51D without tail fillet.  128 P-51 skins should be just about right!

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2011, 09:49:04 AM »
Re: "Submit them all" -- we still don't know how many IF any free slots we'll have after all the backlogged P-51 skins are put into the game. Having 1 person submit a flood of skins at the first sign of free slots may just remove any extra space we gained. I think he is being respectful to other skinners and being responsible to get the best choices submitted rather than just sending them all in. Big salute for that, Oboe!

Fencer: It's nice, and I wouldn't say no to it at all, but IMO I would probably still mostly fly "Lou IV" when I want my OD/BMF mixed colors P-51Ds.

Thanks Krusty.  I wouldn't be surprised if the current backlog of 51D skins could entirely consume the new slots anyway.  The best option I think is for HTC to increase the quality requirements on skins.  Turn Fester loose and let the carnage begin.  He can be cruel but like Simon Cowell I think he is generally on the mark.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2011, 11:51:18 AM »
Here's my bets Oboe

WinPlaceShow- $200,400,800 on Bad Angel

PlaceShow- $400,800 on The Flying Undertaker

Show- $200 on The Grim Reaper <longshot>

Exacta- $100 box on Bad Angel and The Flying Undertaker
           $100 Baseball Bad Angel,The Flying Undertaker,Down for Double

Trifecta Bad Angel, Flying Undertaker, Katydid

Fun,
 :cheers:
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520