Author Topic: Tank shifting problem  (Read 1278 times)

Offline Black Jack

• Copper Member
Tank shifting problem
« on: August 18, 2011, 10:45:56 AM »
I've tried tanking a little lately and found something I wonder if  "normal". When you first spawn or after you stop to look around. To move forward you are suppose to hold the W key and the vehicle should start to move forward and shift automatically. For some reason I got transmission problems. If I don't yaw a little with my rudder pedal, it stays in first gear for ever. So I need to play a little rudder, then leave it and it will shift automatically until last gear or top speed. Is it the way it's suppose to be?  Can you shift manually like before or it's all automatic?  Tks

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Tank shifting problem
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 10:53:16 AM »
I've tried tanking a little lately and found something I wonder if  "normal". When you first spawn or after you stop to look around. To move forward you are suppose to hold the W key and the vehicle should start to move forward and shift automatically. For some reason I got transmission problems. If I don't yaw a little with my rudder pedal, it stays in first gear for ever. So I need to play a little rudder, then leave it and it will shift automatically until last gear or top speed. Is it the way it's suppose to be?  Can you shift manually like before or it's all automatic?  Tks

if you want your tank to move on full speed just press SHIFT + W. that should put you in the last gear and get you where you want to go. no need to use the rudder, and it shifts automatically.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 11:06:53 AM »
However, if your stick/ rudder is out of calibration it will keep it in first gear. The idea is you are turning so you can't build enough rpms to shift. That's why when you add some rudder it shifts.

Offline Black Jack

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 11:47:49 AM »
You are right Fugitive about out of calibration but if it was that much off, it would kick out of autopilot when I'm flying and it's not.   :headscratch:

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 12:25:58 PM »
My guess is the autopilot needs more input before disengaging, whereas GV control takes very little input to start the vehicle turning.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 12:30:09 PM »
You are right Fugitive about out of calibration but if it was that much off, it would kick out of autopilot when I'm flying and it's not.   :headscratch:

Calibrate when in mode 2 as well.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 12:46:46 PM »
I've found the same problem even after calibration. 
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Rich52

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 05:29:26 PM »
Ive had the same problem off and on even after calibrating.
Yes, your on "Ignore"

Offline Condor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 07:07:05 PM »
Same here. Calibrating doesn't seem to make a difference. Also it is intermittent in the same evening which is not consistent with a calibration issue.
Balrog in game. Some day my performance may justify the name. LOL

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 08:02:13 PM »
Do you guys use twisty sticks? I know I never have a problem unless I get lazy and just hang my feet on my pedals. If Im no touching them I have no issues at all.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2011, 09:39:11 PM »
Do you guys use twisty sticks? I know I never have a problem unless I get lazy and just hang my feet on my pedals. If Im no touching them I have no issues at all.

No I use CH rudder pedals. they are clean, aligned and calibrated.  I have the problem as discribed by the OP with my feet on or off of the pedals.  I must touch one of the pedals to get the automatic transmission to shift gears.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2011, 09:49:48 PM »
I've had the same problem on several occasions.  I've found the only way to fix it is to stop then start again.  Hitting shift W doesn't work to get it to shift unless it's already working normally and if I let go of my stick my tank goes straight.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Black Jack

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011, 07:40:06 AM »
Same here for the CH setup. Checked manually to see numbers jumping and they are not. Also found that if I just stop, see the tranny come into neutral and try again sometimes it worked fine like BaldEagle said. Not consistant at all. Maybe it's some kind of bug. Unfortunately, sometimes when you up a tank, seconds are very long if the spawn is camped  :)

Offline Rich52

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2011, 08:19:40 AM »
It happens with me either using my keyboard W or the W I have mapped onto my G-13 game board. Since I discovered how they changed GVs I mapped everything to my G-13 and now only use my joystick to fire and turn the turret.
Yes, your on "Ignore"

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2011, 08:34:02 AM »
Which tanks/GV's are you having issues with?  All of them or just certain ones?
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals