Author Topic: vTards move Rook and start hiding the CV's  (Read 18449 times)

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
Re: vTards move Rook and start hiding the CV's
« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2011, 09:31:09 PM »
If anything, you've validated my post by failing to provide any specific contradiction.   :aok

Specific contradiction????

If we have to explain it to you, you wouldn't understand.

Its like tryin to talk to a rock.

Apparently the old sayin "ignorance is bliss" applies here.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2011, 09:36:52 PM »

Do you think it's bad sportsmanship when playing 8-ball to leave one of your balls blocking a pocket and take a more difficult shot instead? Is it bad sportsmanship to pump fake in football, or to run a draw? Or to throw to an open receiver instead of finding the guy who's surrounded by the most defenders?

Its bad sportsmanship to hide your opponents cue though.

There is NO way that hiding a cv or anything else I've read about these Vboiz is sportsman like.

Nothing.

A cult mentality that is readily apparent.

Sad.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2011, 09:46:17 PM »
Valid question, but you must have missed that this was an NOE mission.  Despite having chosen a rather long path over the water through an inactive area of the map, the mission was spotted.  The sudden, large dar-bar in sector followed by the prompt arrival of interceptors, made it clear the NOE mission and location had also been announced.  I think you would agree that at that point, an NOE raid had no chance of success.

Hey, no need to explain!  Your base-grab mission was going to fail, what was the point of further combat?  You've earned a prominent spot in AH history, seems to me, at least it's the first time I've ever heard of such a thing, why not glory in the moment?

- oldman

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2011, 10:05:24 PM »
but how can the minority decide on how the majority play? why or how is your opinion or style of game play more important then somebody elses?

They don't, and it isn't. The highest-ranked guy controls the CV. take that up with Hitech, not me. If he wanted to make it a democracy, he could do it.

Sometimes the higher-ranked guy is one of us, more often it isn't. Sometimes more people agree with the higher-ranked guy, sometimes they don't. Sometimes the higher-ranked guy is one guy who wants to move the boat in and won't listen to ten guys who want to move it out. That's the way the game works.

What IS bad sportsmanship is throwing a screaming, bawling temper tantrum and ratting out your own side to the enemy because you don't get your way. That's equally true whether your way is to hide the boat or use it. There is no worse sport than a rat and a traitor.

Put it this way: you're the star running back. For the game-ending big play, you think the QB should hand the ball off to you. Instead he calls a pass to his best receiver. Do you pull with the rest of the team and carry out your assignment even though it's not what you would prefer, or do you sneak over to the defensive captain and tell him what the play is because gosh darn it, if your team doesn't do things YOUR way then it deserves to lose?

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2011, 10:07:59 PM »
I was responding to vLoki saying he's never even heard it mentioned. 

I wasn't online on the night in question. I said I had never seen or heard that in all the time I was online, and I've spent a LOT of time flying with the vGUYS, so it isn't usual or even occasional behavior for our squad. I did not mean to suggest that you were lying about this particular incident.

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2011, 10:10:36 PM »
Its bad sportsmanship to hide your opponents cue though.

Your opponent only has one cue, and there's nothing in the rules of pool that authorizes you to take it from him. Both are untrue of CVs in AH. You fail at analogy.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2011, 10:37:01 PM »
They don't, and it isn't. The highest-ranked guy controls the CV. take that up with Hitech, not me. If he wanted to make it a democracy, he could do it.

Sometimes the higher-ranked guy is one of us, more often it isn't. Sometimes more people agree with the higher-ranked guy, sometimes they don't. Sometimes the higher-ranked guy is one guy who wants to move the boat in and won't listen to ten guys who want to move it out. That's the way the game works.

What IS bad sportsmanship is throwing a screaming, bawling temper tantrum and ratting out your own side to the enemy because you don't get your way. That's equally true whether your way is to hide the boat or use it. There is no worse sport than a rat and a traitor.

Put it this way: you're the star running back. For the game-ending big play, you think the QB should hand the ball off to you. Instead he calls a pass to his best receiver. Do you pull with the rest of the team and carry out your assignment even though it's not what you would prefer, or do you sneak over to the defensive captain and tell him what the play is because gosh darn it, if your team doesn't do things YOUR way then it deserves to lose?

I agree that spying is as bad if not worse sportsmanship than hiding a CV in the corner of the map.  Doesn't make it right though.

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2011, 11:03:13 PM »
Don't you know, it's fashionable to make fun of the vGuys.

Hiding CVs has been an on the table issue for years, HTC hasn't changed anything.  Deal with it in a manner the game offers and stop whining on the BBS about it.  :rolleyes:
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2011, 11:11:32 PM »
Maybe we should get PBY's that offer a 5 mile radius Dar ring that can't be seen by anyone other than the PBY flier, but this gives them the ability to spot and report flights while remaining relatively hidden (especially if flying NOE on patrol)...  Perhaps even add a radar return for carrier groups as well.  I think a flying boat is just what this game needs.

Someone will just hide them  ;)

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2011, 11:53:22 PM »
Semp, your exaggerations are ridiculous and not even worth discussing.

Semp can be ridiculous but this post isnt one of those times.  :)
His post pretty much sums up the V way.
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2011, 12:34:12 AM »
Actually, I think they are worth discussing because Semp's comments have gotten so far out of line and are so hypocritical.

You know the Pigs do the exact same things you fault here.  I was recently defending a base from a PotW hoard attack, and had several proxies from Pigs on the Wing guys before even being wheels up.  Your guys must be as bad as the vTards then, right?  

Moreover, most of you weren't even bombing in an effort to take the base, but instead just trying to vulch the field (talk about score padding).  What’s funny is that it took that particular Knight hoard nearly an hour to take that base -- something the vGuys often do in a single sortie, even when there is opposition.  And before you continue another ridiculous claim, yes, people usually do come to defend (and pick the mission) all the time.  Maybe they don’t agree with your not doing so because "it is too easy" philosophy.

I've read your PotW forum and I understand that you believe the Pigs way is the only way.  That is understandable.  Squad members should believe in squad doctrine.  But, you fault the Devil's Brigade for this.  Your squad too has lost members over the years.  Don't the Muppets like to needle you guys about this?  By your logic wouldn’t that suggest that you are doing “something wrong” also?

I found most interesting how you state on your forums that you consider yourselves a "4th country" because you don't count on the rest of the Knights.  That is actually a contrast from the vTards side-oriented style of play.  In my experience, the Devil's Brigade (vTards) try to work with others with on their side to win the map for their side.  Winning the map is a stated squad goal, and everyone knows it.  That is the “winning” Nucks is referring to in your other squad-bashing thread, that you claim not to understand.  It is also not the selfish, mindless approach to the game that you and so many others try to make it out to be.  It creates fights in new places all the time, rather than one static furball-lake-like battle somewhere.

I’ve chatted with you on private and you seemed then to be more open-minded then you act here.  Maybe I was wrong about that.  I think instead you too are jumping on the band-wagon with those who want to “fight the war” here on the forums.  Sadly you are joining the ranks of those who take this cartoon squad-bashing thing beyond the realm of false, egocentric, ridiculous, and hypocritical claims, into actual animosity and personal attacks.  

I hope this sheds some light on this squad-bashing nonsense.  Food (or pig-slop, in your case  ;)) for thought, Semp?

:salute

we were probably deacking when you got the proxies, but seriously do you get proxies from us everyday?  because I did, and now I wont even up when you guys bring your noe's, i see no point to it.  I got tired of getting behind somebody who wont even turn.  there's nothing wrong with taking bases, but when it comes down to avoiding fights at all costs, that's when I have a problem.  I have talked to you when there has been some good fight and I have either killed you or you killed me.  or when some other starts bashing you for no reason.  but here we are talking about you guys as a group avoiding fights.

we as pigs when we have what we call Pig's critical mass, that's when we have a bunch of guys,  we will up as a group and head to the biggest darbar we can find and kill everybody, then we take the base.  we dont go dive on the hangars, die, bring more bombs, divecrash again, as we have seen your squad doing time after time.  we dont bail in mid mission because our goons got killed, we keep going and kill as many as we can, untill either we kill everybody or we die.

kingpin I respect you and a couple of other vguys because you will fight for the fun of it.  except when you are on "mission" and will avoid fights at all costs.  and you cant bs me on that, as several of your squadies have told me if they fight they get in trouble with vdallas.    :salute.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2011, 01:10:09 AM »
as several of your squadies have told me if they fight they get in trouble with vdallas.    :salute.

:O  40 lashes for that abhorrent thing you call "fighting".

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2011, 04:22:02 AM »
Did I see some one mention spying?

I don't think it's Spying when your own countryman have such an issue with your Modus operandi that they PM guys on the other side to give away missions, locations, plans ect. I think it's called "Persona Non Grata".

Of course when their own squad mates PMing sensitive Information to the opposition one has to wounder. Is it B.S. or is it a psychological tactic? Maybe PMing their own "Noe" mission to the enemy while in flight and then Mass auguring is suppose to keep us all off balance and confused?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 05:35:37 AM by Mayhem »
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."
The Damned! (Est. 1988) Damned if we do - No fun if we don't!
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #88 on: August 20, 2011, 06:46:22 AM »
The "hated" vGuys have enough support that they seem to manage sufficient numbers to take bases.  All discussions of fair play aside, I have been talking with some of older (time in game) players about the entire paradigm of the game changing with the big town update last summer. (IIRC, maybe the summer before, I am old.) 

It used to be that three guys in tanks could drop an airfield if no one was watching the field, or if you dropped the BH and Ords.  Now, the game makes it so that anything beyond a V-base requires some significant numbers to ensure success (generalization).  Years ago I started out in Rolling Thunder, back when it was one NOE after another, and I always felt like a stud because we were winning the war or capturing another base.  That was OK, until I figured out that throwing bodies onto the breach seemed a bit boring compared to really learning how to fight the cartoon planes, and becoming a "student of the game".   

I would say the vGuys, or any other formed "horde", idea of fair play, CV hiding, etc are all promulgated by the parameters of the game.  Consider, if CV puffy ack could do something past hitting a 262 at 25k, like say kill a flight of B-17s, would CVs be hidden all the time? If bases could be captured by smaller squads, say 5-7 guys, could that change the necessity to have a horde?  If the dar was raised to 500 with radar, would that promote some action? 

All of these have been complaints over the years to HTC, which for the most part they have addressed, so the community is reaping what it sowed.  The vGuys and there style of fighting is a reflection of what the game will a) tolerate and b) promote.  My 2c.   :salute
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline vNUCKS

• Copper Member
« Reply #89 on: August 20, 2011, 07:33:05 AM »
Did I see some one mention spying?

I don't think it's Spying when your own countryman have such an issue with your Modus operandi that they PM guys on the other side to give away missions, locations, plans ect. I think it's called "Persona Non Grata".

Of course when their own squad mates PMing sensitive Information to the opposition one has to wounder. Is it B.S. or is it a psychological tactic? Maybe PMing their own "Noe" mission to the enemy while in flight and then Mass auguring is suppose to keep us all off balance and confused?

Mayhem,

You've fallen victim to a lie.  Do you actually believe vDALLAS would pm Butcher to rat out his own squads mission?  In fact, I would be dumbfounded if any member of our squad did anything remotely similar to this that Butcher wouldn't take a screenshot of it so he could come here and use it.  No screenshot, no film, and an absurd allegation.  On the other hand, I really don't care what you believe, as you will clearly believe anything you choose despite the obvious staring you in the face.
vNucks