Author Topic: Chat Suspension: 1 week is too long  (Read 5997 times)

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Chat Suspension: 1 week is too long
« Reply #135 on: August 29, 2011, 12:13:55 PM »
This thread makes my head hurt in a mildly erotic sorta way.

:noid
:rofl  mind if i use that as my sig?

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #136 on: August 29, 2011, 01:01:34 PM »
:rofl  mind if i use that as my sig?

Nope
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #137 on: August 29, 2011, 01:49:23 PM »
Yes, and if speeding was punishable by 10 years in jail, there would never be any accidents right?

I'd say most accidents happen without speeding being an issue.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #138 on: August 29, 2011, 01:52:48 PM »

What?  Are you implying that a rule maybe wrong or not 100% correct?  I ll schedule you 15 minutes after tygers execution.

I think if we all did 5 to 10mph the number of fatal accidents would be near 0.  Lets go for it!!!!
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #139 on: August 29, 2011, 02:02:13 PM »

I'd say at least not the causal issue. Alcohol, drowsiness, texting, and plain stupidity, otoh...

I always just try to drive so that people award me poikies for being a biotch.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #140 on: August 29, 2011, 02:09:17 PM »
I'd say at least not the causal issue. Alcohol, drowsiness, texting, and plain stupidity, otoh...

Sooooo, have you ever been guilty of any of the above?

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #141 on: August 29, 2011, 02:20:44 PM »
Sooooo, have you ever been guilty of any of the above?

Of course. My youth featured wome wrinkled sheetmetal. I suffered for it - as I should've. That's why I don't make mistakes like that now.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #142 on: August 29, 2011, 04:26:29 PM »
Main cause of accidents is no contraception........

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #143 on: August 29, 2011, 05:08:38 PM »
What?  Are you implying that a rule maybe wrong or not 100% correct?  I ll schedule you 15 minutes after tygers execution.

I think if we all did 5 to 10mph the number of fatal accidents would be near 0.  Lets go for it!!!!

No.... then folks would try to cross before your slowmobile got there...... getting smashed by another quiet slomobile.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #144 on: August 29, 2011, 07:52:47 PM »
In the 35 years I've been licensed to drive I've had 3 accidents and weather was the factor in all of them. 2 were under 5 mph in snow and ice, and 1 under 35 mph in pouring rain. In all cases I was below the posted speed limit. Rules are made with a purpose. If everyone followed the rules there wouldn't be any issues. Issues arise when those who think they are above the rules seek to twist and bend them to suit themselves. 

Offline G0ALY

• Nickel Member
« Reply #145 on: August 29, 2011, 08:49:15 PM »
Stop playing the victim, and TAKE CHARGE!

If you feel a one week suspension is unjust and unreasonable, then do something about it! Cancel your membership for one month… Yeah, that will show them!

They may have silenced you for one week… But you, yes YOU, silenced the rest of them for an additional three weeks! WINNING!
My password at work had to contain exactly 8 characters… I chose Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #146 on: August 30, 2011, 06:53:59 AM »
I'd go even further. You should climb a tree and live in your own feces until you get justice! A one week suspicion is very likely sufficent justification to go smash a window and grab a nice 51" Sammy, maybe a new pair of Nikes. I'd at least call 911 and tell them that "HiTechler is all being against" you and stuff. Then chuck your shake in the window operator's face while you film it and post that to YouTube. There are so many ways to get involved in the cause of social justice. You guys are so kewl.

Disclaimer: Do not commit any of these acts. Some are felonies, others are unsanitary or hazardous.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #147 on: August 30, 2011, 09:02:25 AM »
In the 35 years I've been licensed to drive I've had 3 accidents and weather was the factor in all of them. 2 were under 5 mph in snow and ice, and 1 under 35 mph in pouring rain. In all cases I was below the posted speed limit. Rules are made with a purpose. If everyone followed the rules there wouldn't be any issues. Issues arise when those who think they are above the rules seek to twist and bend them to suit themselves. 

You were following the rules and still got in accidents and the you go on to say that if everyone followed the rules there wouldn't be any issues?  So, how come you had an issue?  Were the rules wrong or where you breaking them?

Thinking that everything is perfect is naive.  The rules you speak of may have been created for a reason but I bet you they have been modified and fine tuned as needed through time, right?  This is the case here.  No one is questioning the rule.  Only the length of the punishment.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #148 on: August 30, 2011, 11:58:31 AM »
You were following the rules and still got in accidents and the you go on to say that if everyone followed the rules there wouldn't be any issues?  So, how come you had an issue?  Were the rules wrong or where you breaking them?

I was going to be polite and not badger the good man on this apparent contradiction. However, as long as you've already got the bandwagon rolling, I'll go ahead and help supply some exhaust ducting in to the cabin.

Fugi's entire screed there reminds me a bit (not saying Fugi IS or IS NOT, just saying his screed REMINDS ME) of the character in Les Mis who pursues "wrongdoers" not out of a sense of justice or even because he thinks they deserve it but because it's the law. He is miserable himself and seeks to make his company likewise. He's a kind of puritanical character in the sense that he seems overly concerned that some sunny beach might be out there enjoying himself.

Why does Fugi's screed remind me of that character? PErhaps its the reliance on rules... not sure. It probably has little to do with who the man is himself.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #149 on: August 30, 2011, 01:30:10 PM »
I was going to be polite and not badger the good man on this apparent contradiction. However, as long as you've already got the bandwagon rolling, I'll go ahead and help supply some exhaust ducting in to the cabin.

Fugi's entire screed there reminds me a bit (not saying Fugi IS or IS NOT, just saying his screed REMINDS ME) of the character in Les Mis who pursues "wrongdoers" not out of a sense of justice or even because he thinks they deserve it but because it's the law. He is miserable himself and seeks to make his company likewise. He's a kind of puritanical character in the sense that he seems overly concerned that some sunny beach might be out there enjoying himself.

Why does Fugi's screed remind me of that character? PErhaps its the reliance on rules... not sure. It probably has little to do with who the man is himself.

Without rules we could not exist. Too many idiots.
80th FS "Headhunters"