Author Topic: F3 mode has got to go  (Read 5101 times)

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
F3 mode has got to go
« on: August 25, 2011, 05:45:55 PM »
Its silly how gamey a20s are in this game there isn't a real world incident ever where a medium bomber out fought a fighter. No f3 for fighters no f3 mode for anything else in MA. Lets take it back to real for a little bit and as Krusty would say a little less xbox please.

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
Re: F3 mode has got to go
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 05:50:15 PM »
Should the A20 have f3 mode? probably not, but you being pissed off about losing a fight to one isn't a good reason to remove f3 mode from all the aircraft that have it enabled.
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 06:14:04 PM »
The only thing I use F3 for is to look at the 3D models of my bombers as I do a long flight, so I'd miss it for that.  I don't use it to find enemy aircraft though, so that wouldn't bother me in the slightest.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 06:33:59 PM »
Its silly how gamey a20s are in this game there isn't a real world incident ever where a medium bomber out fought a fighter. No f3 for fighters no f3 mode for anything else in MA. Lets take it back to real for a little bit and as Krusty would say a little less xbox please.

I popped you twice while flying an A20 earlier today, although I got assists both times  :furious.  I don't use F3 mode.  What I did use to get you both times was this little thing we like to call an High Yo-Yo.  

If you guys didn't insist on dropping fighter hangars all the time, folks like me wouldn't have to make you look silly by killing you with A20s...   :rofl

That said, I wouldn't care if F3 mode went away either.  I just find it amusing that you feel you have to blame your failure on F3 mode.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 06:35:39 PM by PFactorDave »

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Beefcake

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 06:37:45 PM »
So you lost a fight to an A20, you ASSUME he used F3 mode to beat you but you can't prove it, and thus you now say that ALL planes should have F3 view removed.

Yeah we've been over this a million times. When you invent a way for me to do the jobs of 30 men at once then we'll talk about removing F3. Until then just suck it up and accept the fact you lost and move on.
Retired Bomber Dweeb - 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF

Offline Raptor05121

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 06:49:55 PM »
So you lost a fight to an A20, you ASSUME he used F3 mode to beat you but you can't prove it, and thus you now say that ALL planes should have F3 view removed.

Yeah we've been over this a million times. When you invent a way for me to do the jobs of 30 men at once then we'll talk about removing F3. Until then just suck it up and accept the fact you lost and move on.

+1,000 internets to you
InGame: xRaptorx of the ***Alchemists***

Quote from: dirtdart
To suggest things that do not meet this basic criteria is equal to masturbation.  It may feel good to you, will not produce any tangible results, and you may be embarrassed if you get caught. 

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 06:50:52 PM »
hell no, I like killing guys who think they can outmanouver a fighter.  leave f3 alone for bombers,  what's next the b26 with no f3 because it killed you too?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 06:56:23 PM »

anyone who gets their  butt handed to them by a A-20 should viset the TA, there are folks there that may be able to help you   ;)

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 07:06:06 PM »
Yeah.  I would not suggest going the 'remove f3' route.  I believe you're looking for the 'A20 is overmodeled' whine.  Make sure to reference absolutely nothing factual to your screed as to why it needs to be changed.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 07:09:26 PM »
anyone who gets their  butt handed to them by a A-20 should viset the TA, there are folks there that may be able to help you   ;)

this
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 07:14:52 PM »
no. if you get killed by an A20 then you shut up, get over it and up again.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 07:44:05 PM »
I actually enjoy F3 mode just to look at the scenery or pass time while bored
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 07:45:11 PM »
Its amazing all of you are such purist on other threads about it didn't happen in real world. Well guess what in real world a a20 never out fought a fighter ever. Make it real for everyone.
Cobia you are a well known f3 fighter mode a20 so please just put -1 and lets go from there.

As far as the I got beat by one BS, yes I did and I've shot down many who would fight one as a fighter. My opinion on the a20 is well known. If the Il2 doesn't have it then no medium bombers at the very least should be able to access the f3 mode. Ya have the power to do the job of 30 men at the touch of a key board my friend so why not do it the way the rest of us do from yr cockpit or yr guns.

But I'm sure all you XBOX fans will disagree. :joystick:

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2011, 07:50:15 PM »
Since it was removed from the IL-2, then it should be put into place for jeeps so I can drive into perk tanks to kill the driver
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2011, 08:17:18 PM »
Its amazing all of you are such purist on other threads about it didn't happen in real world. Well guess what in real world a a20 never out fought a fighter ever. Make it real for everyone.
Cobia you are a well known f3 fighter mode a20 so please just put -1 and lets go from there.

As far as the I got beat by one BS, yes I did and I've shot down many who would fight one as a fighter. My opinion on the a20 is well known. If the Il2 doesn't have it then no medium bombers at the very least should be able to access the f3 mode. Ya have the power to do the job of 30 men at the touch of a key board my friend so why not do it the way the rest of us do from yr cockpit or yr guns.

But I'm sure all you XBOX fans will disagree. :joystick:

if you think i am a f3 crutch user, you need to come up with another excuse. 

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time