Author Topic: Stupid question  (Read 910 times)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Stupid question
« on: August 25, 2011, 07:36:42 PM »
If I already used the Sony Vegas trial, and I want to buy it. I click on it to buy it for like 600 $. If I buy it will I have it forever?
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Stupid question
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 08:01:29 PM »
If I already used the Sony Vegas trial, and I want to buy it. I click on it to buy it for like 600 $. If I buy it will I have it forever?
yes. if you buy something then its forever. unless you have it reposessed. its like a TV, once you buy it, no need to give it back.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 10:02:02 PM »
yes. if you buy something then its forever. unless you have it reposessed. its like a TV, once you buy it, no need to give it back.
Ok
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 10:54:56 PM »
You can get it for a lot cheaper with a deal or on ebay.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 12:10:04 AM »
Or a simple "Yes" would have sufficed.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 12:38:01 AM »
Geez 600 bucks for a program...
AoM
City of ice

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 01:29:21 PM »
dont spend 600 bucks on it.  buy this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832135304.  it's only 90 bucks and there's mail in rebates every other month.  the more expensive one is for professionals who intend to make a living out of it.  you can basically do the same thing with the lower priced one, it's the one I have and I paid 40 bucks for it.

this is sony's own product review.  notice no major difference if all you want is ah movies.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/moviestudiope/compare

semp
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 01:31:09 PM by guncrasher »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 02:06:38 PM »

You may not understand how a lot of editing software works. Final Cut Pro, for example, leases you a yearly license. You don't own it. Same for a number of 3D animation packages I've worked with (3DS Max I think is one like this).

It's a way for them to get constant revenue streams from business/corporations by wildly inflating the costs. So instead of buying Vegas 7 and keeping it for 5 years for a 1-time payment, they force you to pay every year so you might as well upgrade to the newer and newer versions (hypothetically -- I don't know if Sony follows this plan).

It was a valid question in the software world.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 02:23:35 PM »
dont spend 600 bucks on it.  buy this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832135304.  it's only 90 bucks and there's mail in rebates every other month.  the more expensive one is for professionals who intend to make a living out of it.  you can basically do the same thing with the lower priced one, it's the one I have and I paid 40 bucks for it.

this is sony's own product review.  notice no major difference if all you want is ah movies.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/moviestudiope/compare

semp
Thanks you I'll definatly go forthis instead :cheers:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 02:25:32 PM by JOACH1M »
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 02:24:25 PM »
You may not understand how a lot of editing software works. Final Cut Pro, for example, leases you a yearly license. You don't own it. Same for a number of 3D animation packages I've worked with (3DS Max I think is one like this).

It's a way for them to get constant revenue streams from business/corporations by wildly inflating the costs. So instead of buying Vegas 7 and keeping it for 5 years for a 1-time payment, they force you to pay every year so you might as well upgrade to the newer and newer versions (hypothetically -- I don't know if Sony follows this plan).

I was nervous if it a year only thing  thanks  :salute
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2011, 01:34:45 AM »
I read eua and there's no mention of it being for 1 year or limited to any term.

semp

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 05:08:37 PM »

not really sure you saw it, but i said buying it. not neccisarily purchasing a year long lease (or something like it)

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2011, 10:06:24 PM »
not really sure you saw it, but i said buying it. not neccisarily purchasing a year long lease (or something like it)

again talking about stuff you have no clue about. As stated by others when you BUY a program a lot of times it's for a year or 2 years unlike a tv that when u buy it you out right own it
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2011, 01:34:08 PM »
again talking about stuff you have no clue about. As stated by others when you BUY a program a lot of times it's for a year or 2 years unlike a tv that when u buy it you out right own it

that shows you dont know either because there's some tv's that you can only rent and you must return them.  do you know if sony vegas works like that?

semp