Author Topic: Billing Suspension  (Read 771 times)

Offline RSnider

• Zinc Member
Billing Suspension
« on: August 29, 2011, 11:51:30 AM »
Is it possible to cancel the billing cycle without deleting your account? For example, if I wanted to take a break from AH for a couple months and then come back.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Billing Suspension
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 11:56:02 AM »
Nope. But HTC can keep your account open if you want to take a break for a small service fee. They only charge $14.95  :aok.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline RSnider

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 12:23:44 PM »
Ah, bummer. Oh well, I guess I should be thankful the sign-up process is as quick as it is.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 12:47:15 PM »
You can email billing at billing@hitechcreations.com and request that they suspend your account for a couple of months.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 02:45:18 PM »
They might not do it. It's not a standard practice they like to do I gather.

But on the other hand you are readily able to request they "free up" your in-game handle so that when you come back and create a new login ID you get your old name back.

They do that all the time.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 03:43:01 PM »
They might not do it. It's not a standard practice they like to do I gather.

But on the other hand you are readily able to request they "free up" your in-game handle so that when you come back and create a new login ID you get your old name back.

They do that all the time.

Whether they do it or not it's still best to ask HTC instead of relying on guesses from other players.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 01:57:15 AM »
True, but just to clarify, the point of my post wasn't guesswork. What I mentioned about it being easy enough to free up your in-game ID for a new account is correct and confirmed.

Offline Tec

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 02:31:00 AM »
True, but just to clarify, the point of my post wasn't guesswork. What I mentioned about it being easy enough to free up your in-game ID for a new account is correct and confirmed.

You don't need to call to free up a name anymore, once an account is canceled the name becomes free game.
To each their pwn.
K$22L7AoH

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 12:45:00 PM »
Since when, do you know? It's never been an automatic process tied to the account cancellation. (at least, up until now, if you're right)

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011, 11:08:31 AM »
You don't need to call to free up a name anymore, once an account is canceled the name becomes free game.

No I think if its a name that has never been used before it holds it over for a month and long term names for 2 months, that is just in my experience. If you cancel and then say resub the next day under the same id it will come up as being in use.