Author Topic: 12 Hour side switching...again  (Read 3513 times)

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
12 Hour side switching...again
« on: August 30, 2011, 08:53:32 AM »
Gentlemen and ladies of the game.  I believe the 12 hour rule must be amended to one or two hours at the most. 

Issue: The ENY system is structured to balance sides and encourage gameplay by enabling folks to change sides and balance the game.

Discussion:  Every time I jump sides to balance numbers, it seems a large crew does at the same time resulting in an imbalance which cannot be correct for an entire gaming day. 

Recommendation:  Change side switching times to 1-2 hours or remove the ENY system and the perk bonus system.  The two together are counter-intuitive. 
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
Re: 12 Hour side switching...again
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 09:28:38 AM »
Just fix ENY...............1 side vs 2 sides and ENY works well dont ya think
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 12:14:27 PM »
I would of liked to switch countries last night; the bish were low numbers and fighting a 2 front war. However, I wasn't going to do that and risk the possibility of not flying with squad-mates for the rest of the night.

Having it set at 1-2 hours would give the PWWW (paranoid, war winning wackos) a stroke, I think 3 hours would be a happy medium

Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 12:26:20 PM »
Or now. Bishs have 70 players, almost as much as the other two sides together. Idk if i can switch to rook, 12 hours are too much.
AoM
City of ice

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 01:00:12 PM »
Gentlemen and ladies of the game.  I believe the 12 hour rule must be amended to one or two hours at the most. 

Issue: The ENY system is structured to balance sides and encourage gameplay by enabling folks to change sides and balance the game.

Discussion:  Every time I jump sides to balance numbers, it seems a large crew does at the same time resulting in an imbalance which cannot be correct for an entire gaming day. 

Recommendation:  Change side switching times to 1-2 hours or remove the ENY system and the perk bonus system.  The two together are counter-intuitive. 

dirdart are you implying that most people switch to balance the sides?  or perhaps it's the nightly ritual of switching to whatever side is hording.  when the switch sides rules was 2 hours, i would see the same people horde for all 3 sides all day long.  now that it changed to 12 hours, they can only horde for 2 sides, which is better.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 02:49:25 PM »
personally I hate the 12 hour rule.....my flying time has come down by 80% or more because of this bad rule.

although I have been skinning more so its all good  :rolleyes:

no seriously this is the worst direction this game has gone in. ever...well since I have been here.....tour 52 being my first :old:

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 03:06:34 PM »
I would of liked to switch countries last night; the bish were low numbers and fighting a 2 front war. However, I wasn't going to do that and risk the possibility of not flying with squad-mates for the rest of the night.

Having it set at 1-2 hours would give the PWWW (paranoid, war winning wackos) a stroke, I think 3 hours would be a happy medium

^^^^   THIS
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 03:43:51 PM »
You know, not too many squads I have been part of fly together except on pre arranged or weekend night/days.  I tend to migrate to the low side, usually they are being horded and there is a good fight.  I agree flying with squadmates is a primary concern, however for the other portion of the populace who choses to find those fights as a priority, this rule can hinder it. 

Now, back on the point of the thread.  If there is no way to adjust to number imbalances (12 hour rule), the incentive to do so (ENY) makes no sense.  As stated earlier, I vote remove ENY or the 12 hour rule, they have no place together.  Should a guy fly P-40s all night because three mega wing squads switched to the same country, the one they feel loyalty to, as an example. 

<S>

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 04:09:23 PM »
Should a guy fly P-40s all night because three mega wing squads switched to the same country, the one they feel loyalty to, as an example. 

In a word... YES.

Get rid of the country change limitation and you may find more are willing to change to the lower numbered country. Granted, you'll find lemmings that will switch to the country about to 'win the war', but those numbers are short term.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 04:40:01 PM »
To be honest, I disagree.  For example, when I logged on this AM, rooks were low #s, so I switched to rook.  Now I have a .7 perk bonus, and perhaps in a bit more, eny issues.  The dynamics of peoples playing habit are not static enough for such a long penalty when choosing sides. 

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 05:06:49 PM »
The dynamics of peoples playing habit are not static enough for such a long penalty when choosing sides. 

Exactly! That is why the long penalty needs to be decreased, from 12 hours to 3 or 4 hours at maximum.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2011, 05:12:17 PM »
personally I hate the 12 hour rule.....my flying time has come down by 80% or more because of this bad rule.

although I have been skinning more so its all good  :rolleyes:

no seriously this is the worst direction this game has gone in. ever...well since I have been here.....tour 52 being my first :old:
 Me too ink agree 100% regarding your comment about the direction of the game. I fly much less now mainly because of the 12hr switch rule. I think Del is spot on.
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2011, 05:23:26 PM »
  Me too ink agree 100% regarding your comment about the direction of the game. I fly much less now mainly because of the 12hr switch rule. I think Del is spot on.

they need to get rid of it completely, and then make it so you pay perks or are muted for the first half hour...or cant load bombs...if switching sides to the lower number side there should be no "penalty" at all...unless you switched with a half hour or so...then a penalty will be in order. 

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2011, 06:21:54 PM »
The only fix is "switch at will" then the ebb and flow of #s will vary all day, each country enjoying its time as horde and its time against horde!

charge an ecalating perk cost for switching at less and less inervals. 50 perks to switch within an hour and 50 additional perks per each 15 minute period there after! Spiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiez will run out of $ quickly  :aok

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2011, 06:26:22 PM »
Now that is a good one.  I reckon most of the "spiez" are the sort who don't get too many perkies.