Author Topic: 12 Hour side switching...again  (Read 3437 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: 12 Hour side switching...again
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2011, 04:45:38 AM »
first all of you want to change the time to 12 hours...now you want to change it back to 1 hour....

not suprised.

Who is "all of you"? Who asked for changing the time to 12 hours and is now asking to change it back to 1 hour?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2011, 05:16:20 AM »

Who is "all of you"? Who asked for changing the time to 12 hours and is now asking to change it back to 1 hour?
whiners trying to get rid of "spiez" but now the "spiez" want the 1 hour back. or maybe the people who switched sides to help even it out a bit, either way people were asking for a longer switch time now they want the 1 hour back.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2011, 05:24:57 AM »
whiners trying to get rid of "spiez" but now the "spiez" want the 1 hour back. or maybe the people who switched sides to help even it out a bit, either way people were asking for a longer switch time now they want the 1 hour back.

In other words: Your claim was just a baseless rant.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2011, 05:29:59 AM »
In other words: Your claim was just a baseless rant.
yes? no? (running on like 3 hours of sleep here)

but what im saying im fine with the time limits, i dont really do that much switching. on the other hand, the ones who constantly switch are gettin P/O'd because of the time limits.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2011, 10:19:55 AM »

It wasn't switched because of "spiez". It was switched because Hitech saw that it was still set at an hour and it should have been reset to 12 hours when they switched back to the single LW arena. The 1 hour switch limit was so that as you swapped arenas back and g=forth you could switch teams. A lot of players enjoyed the fact that they could switch to find fights. With 6 teams (3 in orange and 3 in Blue) they had a very good chance of finding the fights they liked.

With the switch back to the single arena it cut the chances in half. With the time limit increased back to 12 hours it screws a lot of players. Sure it does a good job of keeping the sides balanced during the US prime times, but during off hour times side become way out of balance, and many who would change now don't bother because the fights dry up fast. If the Bish out number both the rook and knights but are hitting only the knights, rooks could join the knights to have a more balanced fight. You know what happens next, Bish turn away from the Knight front because they is too much defense there and they run fre bases against the rooks who now CAN NOT switch back to defend that front for another 11 hours.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2011, 11:46:15 AM »
It wasn't switched because of "spiez". It was switched because Hitech saw that it was still set at an hour and it should have been reset to 12 hours when they switched back to the single LW arena. The 1 hour switch limit was so that as you swapped arenas back and g=forth you could switch teams. A lot of players enjoyed the fact that they could switch to find fights. With 6 teams (3 in orange and 3 in Blue) they had a very good chance of finding the fights they liked.

With the switch back to the single arena it cut the chances in half. With the time limit increased back to 12 hours it screws a lot of players. Sure it does a good job of keeping the sides balanced during the US prime times, but during off hour times side become way out of balance, and many who would change now don't bother because the fights dry up fast. If the Bish out number both the rook and knights but are hitting only the knights, rooks could join the knights to have a more balanced fight. You know what happens next, Bish turn away from the Knight front because they is too much defense there and they run fre bases against the rooks who now CAN NOT switch back to defend that front for another 11 hours.

or many more players would switch to the bishops to add even more players to the horde as it happened before when there was a 2 hour time switch.  there's a lot of people that switch to fight with (not against) whoever country is hording at the time.  many more players switch to roll with instead of to balance the sides and you want to give these guys unlimited switches in the off hours?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2011, 12:41:30 PM »
or many more players would switch to the bishops to add even more players to the horde as it happened before when there was a 2 hour time switch.  there's a lot of people that switch to fight with (not against) whoever country is hording at the time.  many more players switch to roll with instead of to balance the sides and you want to give these guys unlimited switches in the off hours?

semp

I don't think its as rampart as you say......I really don't.....besides I never cared what others do in game ( for the most part,dropping hangers at a good fight aggravates me)

you are adamant about not changing it back or changing it to a more favorable one....I wonder why :headscratch:

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2011, 11:24:21 AM »
Needs to be changed. Only thing to do in Late War is horde, get horded, or sit in the tower and think about which horde you wanna be a part of. I blame all of this on the 12 hour side switching. If one country is hording, most of those people cant switch. So they keep hording. If my country is hording, I do not wanna be on that country any more. but I cant switch so I log off and wonder why the hell I still pay $15.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2011, 02:56:41 PM »
The effect the 12 hour rule has had is destabilization of ENY in a way.  I suppose I could take the time and run the #s...I have a job so that's not going to happen, so here is what I have noticed.  I log on on Saturday morning, ENY has Bish as low #s.  I jump to bish.  Why...because I look for the fight, and the reward..ergo perkies.  Then by noon, the Bish are now the high number.  The mob is stabbing and jabbing, I would prefer to defend against the mob... well, no choice there, I have made my bed and must lay in it. 

Folks who ought not be in this discussion:

1.  Squads who rotate on a monthly or whatever basis.
2.  Squads who only fly one country.
3.  X-File believers who think that some malevolent force is giving up the ghost to all of their plans (spies).

Lets face it, a PM works as good as a squad vox.  If anyone wants to "spy" they can and will, the point is moot.  Having a hour rule associated to counter this notion is absurd. 

Back to my original point, if we persist with 12 hour rule, then, do away with ENY.  The entire point of ENY was to balance the fight and to serve as an incentive to change sides to even the numbers.  Throughout the weekend hours, the numbers fluctuate enough, that 12 hours is not reactive enough.  2-4 is probably a bit better.  Hell, I like the one hour thing best.  If you are not one of the three people listed above, all you are looking for is a fair and fun fight, regardless of the chess piece.  You should not be limited in your seeking of the fight by some artificial rule of no substance. 
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2011, 05:25:03 PM »
durtdart this is the part you don't understand, the majority of people who switch do it to horde, not to switch to the low side.

semp

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2011, 05:41:04 PM »
durtdart this is the part you don't understand, the majority of people who switch do it to horde, not to switch to the low side.

semp

From where I sit ...the only time I really saw the effect of this was when the war was close to being won...and that to me shows just how stupid those types are...thinking they get the perks for being on the side that wins the war...that was sorted a while back but some/many just don't understand this..crazy...
  most of the switching I have seen though has been to balance sides.....  but then on the other side of it all...I fly the other side of the green horde trying to qwell the red one...and my eyes are basically closed to most of the stupid stuff that is going on on my side unless I'm doing it hahaha

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2011, 05:52:53 PM »
it still happens late at night.  where now the numbers jump to the rooks instead of the bishops.  people who switch to balance are just a few.  ill start making screen shots and compare, how the numbers decrease from nights/bishops and increase with the rooks.

semp

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2011, 07:04:23 PM »
it still happens late at night.  where now the numbers jump to the rooks instead of the bishops.  people who switch to balance are just a few.  ill start making screen shots and compare, how the numbers decrease from nights/bishops and increase with the rooks.

semp

Semp I just have trouble processing that but I guess it is true. To the extent that those nozzles are out there. I just wonder if the furball look for a fight outnumber the nozzle type. He'll if it is 12 hours to switch sides make it 12 hours to reap the benefits of winning the war.
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2011, 07:22:28 PM »
Semp I just have trouble processing that but I guess it is true. To the extent that those nozzles are out there. I just wonder if the furball look for a fight outnumber the nozzle type. He'll if it is 12 hours to switch sides make it 12 hours to reap the benefits of winning the war.
I thought/think it is already...which is why I said that they are...as you put...nozzles hahaha  I like it hahaha

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2011, 07:56:39 PM »
if it is 12 hours to switch sides make it 12 hours to reap the benefits of winning the war.

It is. And is probably why the side-switching got changed back to match the win-the-war perk timing.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals