Author Topic: 12 Hour side switching...again  (Read 3432 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: 12 Hour side switching...again
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2011, 07:58:39 PM »
durtdart this is the part you don't understand, the majority of people who switch do it to horde, not to switch to the low side.

semp

I think your being a bit paranoid here. The players populations change with the times of day Bish have numbers prime time, Rooks late night, knights in the morning. It may look to you like everyone jumping "rooks" at night, but what you are seeing is Bish signing off and Rooks signing on.

Unless you start posting screen shots of the roster should a bunch of players first as Bish, then as Rooks I'm not going to believe it.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2011, 09:45:25 PM »
I think your being a bit paranoid here. The players populations change with the times of day Bish have numbers prime time, Rooks late night, knights in the morning. It may look to you like everyone jumping "rooks" at night, but what you are seeing is Bish signing off and Rooks signing on.

Unless you start posting screen shots of the roster should a bunch of players first as Bish, then as Rooks I'm not going to believe it.

exactly  QFT

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2011, 12:25:14 AM »

neg fugitive, i mostly play at night from about 10 pst to abut 3 or 4 am.  in that time frame i used to see people i flew with switching to horde with the vtards whenever they started hording.  and I know it is they're 15 bucks, but on days that i was off and started playing since early afternoon, you would see the guys switch from rooks to knights to bishops depending on who was hording at that time.  I also used to work in reinsurance and my job was to look for variances in premiums and try to find patterns and that was across 200 companies.  I was good at it and that's how I noticed the pattern in ah.  it's not really that hard for you guys to notice that guy you were just saving his butt all of a sudden you got a kill as he flew with 30 other red cons. 

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2011, 03:52:55 AM »
Anyway. I dont mind them switch to horde ( :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid).
At least i can switch to the other side, grab a jet and...  die  : )
Plz. Change this stupid rule.
AoM
City of ice

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2011, 08:53:25 AM »
I also used to work in reinsurance and my job was to look for variances in premiums and try to find patterns and that was across 200 companies.  I was good at it and that's how I noticed the pattern in ah.  it's not really that hard for you guys to notice that guy you were just saving his butt all of a sudden you got a kill as he flew with 30 other red cons. 

semp

there's another aspect to pattern recognition.. confirmation bias..

like fugitive said, you should go thru the roster every few minutes for several hours, then compare how many switchers go to the low side vs the high side. if you have not done this then your anecdote is as worthless as "most people switch sides to spy on missions and cv's", etc. :)

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2011, 01:57:33 PM »
Haven't played since the 12 hr change, probably closing my account at the end of the month.  Not 100% because of the 12hr change, but has a big part of it.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver