Author Topic: Instead of new vehicles  (Read 3950 times)

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Instead of new vehicles
« on: September 11, 2011, 09:34:40 PM »
How about a new "war system" that includes "usefull and critical" strats "that actually matter to the game" ie: fuel strats that in total make up 100% of a countries fuel, bring them to 50% and available fuel would be 50%, bring them down to zero and a country would have only 25% to work with. How about troop strats? ammunition strats. Radar strats that degrade with damage, not just are destroyed when totaly Fd up. Oil strats that have a great affect on boats. ENY strats? these would make low ENY birds cost more when damaged, shipyards that when damaged make boats take longer to spawn?

While I'm at it how about a system that encourages folks to defend against hordes, either a warning system or a "delayed capture" idea?

How about anything that improves the general interaction other than vehicles and maps? The graphics and vehicles and terains and maps have all improved over and over and over and over again, no how about some idea that changes the "same ol, same ol" "status quo" that this game has become?

Please give me something that will make me desire to stay!!!!!!

:salute

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
Re: Instead of new vehicles
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 09:38:57 PM »
It sound good, but I don't like the percent idea. I'd rather have it to amount of gallons. This would not really effect you since you can fly half way across the map with 50% fuel in that P-47, but Spitfires for example would be virtually grounded.
Or we can keep it at percent as you said, but make it 75% = no drop tank, 25% = 75% fuel, 0% = 50% fuel.

BTW why can't we have new vehicles and new war system?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 09:41:05 PM by MachFly »
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 09:45:19 PM »
It sound good, but I don't like the percent idea. I'd rather have it to amount of gallons. This would not really effect you since you can fly half way across the map with 50% fuel in that P-47, but Spitfires for example would be virtually grounded.
Or we can keep it at percent as you said, but make it 75% = no drop tank, 25% = 75% fuel, 0% = 50% fuel.

BTW why can't we have new vehicles and new war system?

I like it!   :salute

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 09:58:16 PM »
Grounding Spitfires and Bf109s, two aircraft with larger draws for players, seems unwise to me.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 10:42:15 PM »
ENY has no claim on grounding "draw" aircraft?  Cummon you gotta do better than that.
They call it "common sense", then why is it so uncommon?

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 10:44:34 PM »
ENY has no claim on grounding "draw" aircraft?  Cummon you gotta do better than that.

ENY does not ground Spit9s that often, when it does you still have Spit5 & Spit1. Fuel will ground all of them. 
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline FBCrabby

• Nickel Member
      • AHFreebirds.com
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 12:06:41 AM »
Either way - war system needs a makeover,

it just leads to the question, what's the point of a destructible fuel tank strat when it doesn't do anything? yes woo 75% fuel... who cares

what's the point of factories when they don't do much of anything? Besides - they come back up quickly
AH-Freebirds.com - FB$ - Proud Squadron Of Aces High II

Actively Recruiting! - Join FB$ Today!

Offline ToeTag

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 10:02:30 AM »
There have been a lot of great suggestions about making strats relevant for a very long time.  I think you would have to hold a vote to stop all development and forum moderation to get this done.  I don't think that will happen.  Asking for this is like asking santa for a red ryder bb gun.  Foot in face and down the slide you go.... ;)
They call it "common sense", then why is it so uncommon?

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 12:48:14 PM »
CAPS LOCK ENGAGED:

IS HTC WORKING ON ANY NEW WAR STRATEGY THAT WILL MAKE THE GAME STRATEGIC?  MOST GOOD GAMES ARE STRATEGIC.  MANY GOOD IDEAS HAVE BEEN POSTED THAT WOULD MAKE THE GAME BETTER IN REGARDS TO THIS.  THE CURRENT STRATEGIC SYSTEM IS THE GAME'S WEAKEST LINK.

Caps Lock Disengaged.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2011, 12:54:53 PM »
has anyone seen a post by someone at htc as to why the strats were essentially taken out of gameplay? i don't recall seeing anything announced.  :headscratch:
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 01:31:20 PM »
When / If the change comes about we will have those that will swear it is what has destroyed the game.

Two months later, numbers begin to pick up from former players rejoining after some older revision that had ruined their fun. 

I am in agreement totally that currently we have nothing better to do most of the time other than poke at each other on 200.  Every once in a while I find out a new tid bit of information about how the game "engine" works but for the most part, I just load up proper amount of ord to kill a hangar, a radar tower, or ordinance bunker.  The stupid barracks look so much like other structures that I just hit them mostly by mistake.

Ship guns were fun to mess with for a while and new tanks and tank changes are somewhat new.

HTC,

Nice work with all the changes.  The 3D models and skinners have done themselves proud.  Would you consider a step by step process of renovating game play engine?  Add a new strat structure or dynamic one at a time?  For instance, the factories advance and retreat, maybe tie that to repair time or something more evident.  Keep giving us more reasons to load ordinance or drive long distances in armoured "sleeping pills" to a target.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2011, 02:44:51 PM »
How about the games just fine, other than too many folks complaining. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 02:54:09 PM »
How about the games just fine, other than too many folks complaining. :aok
you have the wrong attitude waystin, too positive.  :lol  not allowed.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2011, 03:43:43 PM »
you have the wrong attitude waystin, too positive.  :lol  not allowed.

You know Gyrene, after 4 plus years in game I now know that it is up to the players and not the developers to make it fun.  It's the truth and I am sticking to it Sir. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2011, 03:48:49 PM »
how about we add new GV's/planes and the new strat/war system JUG was talking about?