Author Topic: World of Tanks Developers pissing me off  (Read 3659 times)

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
World of Tanks Developers pissing me off
« on: September 14, 2011, 01:10:59 AM »
OK, so first off the nerf EVERY single german tank, because they don't know anything about german weapons testing and use soviet data based on captured (and improperly opperated) equipment when available, rather than looking at the specs from the people who built it  :furious.

Second, they favor the russians, ignore the Americans, and activly dislike the germans. VK3601 gets a KwK 36 L'65 with 132mm of "average" penetration, and the T-34/85 gets a 100mm with 175mm of average penetration? 'I see no problem here" says the Devs.

Third, they ignore 90% of questions that don't have "The developers are saints, they can do no wrong" at the heart of it.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
Re: World of Tanks Developers pissing me off
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 01:22:37 AM »
Aren't they based in Russia? Seems to be the root of the problem there.

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 01:33:01 AM »
Come one man. Bad enough we have people here who complain about AH, now you complain about some other game?  :rofl :rofl :rofl
(just a joke)

I guess if world of tanks is bad you should stick to AH  :aok
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 01:50:28 AM »
The russian people complained about the Pershing getting put in on the American line. Saying it Op'ed The american lineup (even tho the pershing saw action in ww2)

So they put the t55 in, which created a GIANT problem from day one.

Now they've put the patton in to counter the t55. next the russians will complain about that and the devs will end up putting in the t72 or something.

The game is crap. some ways its fun, but overall the devs and the tank lineups are not worth the headache

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 06:04:01 AM »
OK, so first off the nerf EVERY single german tank, because they don't know anything about german weapons testing and use soviet data based on captured (and improperly opperated) equipment when available, rather than looking at the specs from the people who built it  :furious.

Second, they favor the russians, ignore the Americans, and activly dislike the germans. VK3601 gets a KwK 36 L'65 with 132mm of "average" penetration, and the T-34/85 gets a 100mm with 175mm of average penetration? 'I see no problem here" says the Devs.

Third, they ignore 90% of questions that don't have "The developers are saints, they can do no wrong" at the heart of it.
You do realize the 100mm is used all the way up until the T44 and T54? It sucks on the T44.
The Germans get new guns on their high tier mediums.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 06:48:21 AM »
Nemesis whining about this?   :rofl
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 10:17:52 AM »
Which is why they want you to PAY for the upgrades within the game. Beta was fun but made me realize the game was going to be messed up from day one live.
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 11:21:31 AM »
How does it compare to AH Tanking?
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 11:31:43 AM »
Which is why they want you to PAY for the upgrades within the game. Beta was fun but made me realize the game was going to be messed up from day one live.

+1  it was fun during the Beta and all but when some of the problems remained after it went live i just uninstalled it, besides i don't really care for the 3rd person view.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 02:17:18 PM »
Nemesis whining about this?   :rofl
Seems to be an abundance of this going around lately. :rolleyes:

Whining about  cartoon plane AH = turn computer off go outside.

Whining about arcade tank game  WoT= turn computer off go outside.
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 02:28:30 PM »
WoT, is more arcade ,faster paced, side oriented. In which you upgrade your tanks through credits. It's free ,but they try to make you pay money for special tanks ,and ammo. 

Side note; I played Wot for an hour last night where terrian is destroyable. Then came to aces high and flipped my tank twice on tree. :rolleyes:
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2011, 03:06:44 PM »
not to mention my StPz-2 (tier3) is getting matched up with T-29's (tier 8)

that is bullcrap...

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2011, 04:35:57 PM »
You do realize the 100mm is used all the way up until the T44 and T54? It sucks on the T44.
The Germans get new guns on their high tier mediums.

I do realize that. And the Devs are morons for attempting to fix a cut on the finger by putting a bandage on the ass.

Better in some ways, worse in others. No bomb****s and the matches are USUALLY pretty even. But there are several gaps in tank tiers that are hard to fight across.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 06:16:27 PM »
I do realize that. And the Devs are morons for attempting to fix a cut on the finger by putting a bandage on the ass.

Better in some ways, worse in others. No bombers and the matches are USUALLY pretty even. But there are several gaps in tank tiers that are hard to fight across.

So, then if one thinks about or puts an effort into coordinating with some air cover here in AH (and all the various options available to one twords doing that), does WoT offer anything substantial or even notable?

(hint:  stop being lazy or trying to be a one-man army in a massive-multiplayer game - come back to the best, support the best, and have some fun!)
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011, 06:29:14 PM »
not to mention my StPz-2 (tier3) is getting matched up with T-29's (tier 8)

that is bullcrap...
No.  It is because Matchmaker finds you far above the talent average for tier 3 and has placed you according to your skills.  You should be honored.  Go fourth and die relentlessly.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns