Author Topic: Changeup - "The High 12"  (Read 1344 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Changeup - "The High 12"
« on: September 17, 2011, 12:52:21 AM »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Changeup - "The High 12"
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 01:16:55 AM »
:uhoh

this isnt going to end well...i can tell that right now.

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 02:51:29 AM »
Nice editing and music tho.
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 07:33:10 AM »
Did anyone get a collision message?
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 07:52:09 AM »
HOs don't bother me that much.  I assume people are going to try it, I and I use it as the situation or mood dictates.   Happened in RL and happens in the game.

What really bothers me is the time delay between the pass and when the rounds landed.   It just seems so wrong.  He was well past you before the round landed and damage was done - first time I saw it I thought the damage was being caused by ground fire.   

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 08:49:05 AM »
HOs don't bother me that much.  I assume people are going to try it, I and I use it as the situation or mood dictates.   Happened in RL and happens in the game.

What really bothers me is the time delay between the pass and when the rounds landed.   It just seems so wrong.  He was well past you before the round landed and damage was done - first time I saw it I thought the damage was being caused by ground fire.   

Same.

In either case, I would have kicked a little left rudder and served him a few taters.  That usually ensures  that the other guy is finalized, also.
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 10:39:05 AM »
was there an attempt to merge with him?  

looks like you were off to the side not pulling at him or trying to reverse early enough.   So seeing as guns weren't on him he took a last second pot shot as you passed.   Combine it with the lag these things are always a little dicey.  Front quarter definitely.

Lame shot amongst 4 other red guys and his own field? probably, but this happens everyday in the MA  ;)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 10:45:43 AM by Bruv119 »
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 12:10:48 PM »
Lol at the video, I enjoyed it.  As for the HO, maybe so maybe no, but who cares?  HO's happen.   :aok

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 12:15:44 PM »
both of you could avoid the ho it was the choice of both of you guys to go ahead with that ho
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 04:05:16 PM »
was there an attempt to merge with him?  

looks like you were off to the side not pulling at him or trying to reverse early enough.   So seeing as guns weren't on him he took a last second pot shot as you passed.   Combine it with the lag these things are always a little dicey.  Front quarter definitely.

Lame shot amongst 4 other red guys and his own field? probably, but this happens everyday in the MA  ;)

I think it's just a bit important to note that he was having a field day running his German plane through the fight at warp speeds picking, which is part of the game certainly...but front quarters are not HOs.  I can't see the video from this iPad but will look when I get home...as I remember it, he was following someone else right through the middle of the horde and I pulled the stick back and shot as he passed.  Did he leave the whining on 200 in the video?  That was fun to read..

As I said Dolby, not a HO

Edit:  watched it on YouTube...front quarter shot all the way from your 11, you were pulling to meet me and you didn't get there because you were going so fast you had to be compressing.  We were canopy to canopy after the shot...had it been a HO, there most certainly been a collision.  If memory serves, i think i had taken off moments earlier but i cant remember.....Id love to see the original video to see if I had been up about 20 seconds...I bet my speed wasn't much above 180 kts.  

Dolby, put it out on the general forum....i will apologize if they believe it was a HO....personally, Bruvs about as expertan as there is and he says no HO.  Case closed...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 04:22:23 PM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 09:30:08 PM »
"Sackless fibber"  I do miss 200, it is nice to see some "text creativity". This should have been resolved on "private" you both are reasonable chaps, bringing something "so meaningless" here lacks decorum!

Dolby you should remove it from the BBs and you both should duel till you get along or someone drops dead of stress  :aok

I may have to return to do 200 proper justice  :neener:

JUGgler
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 09:33:18 PM by JUGgler »
Army of Muppets

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2011, 11:20:37 AM »
I think it's just a bit important to note that he was having a field day running his German plane through the fight at warp speeds picking, which is part of the game certainly...but front quarters are not HOs.  I can't see the video from this iPad but will look when I get home...as I remember it, he was following someone else right through the middle of the horde and I pulled the stick back and shot as he passed.  Did he leave the whining on 200 in the video?  That was fun to read..

As I said Dolby, not a HO

Edit:  watched it on YouTube...front quarter shot all the way from your 11, you were pulling to meet me and you didn't get there because you were going so fast you had to be compressing.  We were canopy to canopy after the shot...had it been a HO, there most certainly been a collision.  If memory serves, i think i had taken off moments earlier but i cant remember.....Id love to see the original video to see if I had been up about 20 seconds...I bet my speed wasn't much above 180 kts.  

Dolby, put it out on the general forum....i will apologize if they believe it was a HO....personally, Bruvs about as expertan as there is and he says no HO.  Case closed...
Don't be so daft, I hadn't been going warps speeds, I had just come off the back of a fleeing A20 when you HOd (Hot to Hot aspect is a HO in my book http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBA0u6vMiNc). There was no way I was near compression, and never had any intention to meet your HO. You were doing 330mph to my 280, and been up for much longer than 20seconds.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2011, 12:03:45 PM »
Don't be so daft, I hadn't been going warps speeds, I had just come off the back of a fleeing A20 when you HOd (Hot to Hot aspect is a HO in my book http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBA0u6vMiNc). There was no way I was near compression, and never had any intention to meet your HO. You were doing 330mph to my 280, and been up for much longer than 20seconds.

Ok so now we are going on YOUR definition of a HO.  I just want to make sure that I am clear on the rules.  Bruv said he thought NO HO, Grizz said maybe but I'll bet he didn't look at it very long...but they weren't using your definition I guess.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2011, 02:27:37 PM »
I think it's senseless to continue the discussion / argument. Of course there aren't any rules, just a vaguely defined set of values about what is sporting and not, which tends to go out of the window the moment someone prioritises getting a kill for whatever motivation, revenge, score etcetera.

The event doesn't warrant this much energy, I'm sure you'd both do things differently next time.

I suggest you both shake hands and move along.  :salute
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2011, 03:07:35 PM »
I'm on the fence about this one. To me regardless if it was a HO shot or not, it looked untentional from both sides because it was in the mist of a turn. Me personally, when I am going HO angle, I'll usually wiggle my wings as in a "no shot shot" and more or less, most people respect and understand it. Reason I am on the fence about it however, is being Changie is a squadmate, and Dolby is someone I respect as well (and my old ID was Dolby as well).

My two cents though: As long as the game exists, there is going to be HO shots and that will never stop.
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!