Author Topic: Setting Up Sound for both Speakers and Headsets  (Read 888 times)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
Re: Setting Up Sound for both Speakers and Headsets
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 12:44:05 PM »
dot, he has a usb headset that has its own sound chip, an onboard realtek sound chip (he disabled), and he installed a soundblast x-fi sound card. the hardware separation is there. isolating just vox so that is all you hear in the headphones without any of the environmental or sound effects in the headphones isn't happening.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2011, 12:49:09 PM »
Thanks but ... does not work

That will not isolate VOX audio to the client side headset, and shuttle all other game sounds to the client external speakers

ISSUE / WISH / HOPE: Vox goes to the headset...all other game sounds go to the external speakers

I can assure you 100% that it does, there is clearly something wrong with how you have it set up or there is a bug on your end.

The In-game "Headset" needs to be set to the soundcard you have as your headset/headphones (that your headset/headphones is plugged into). The in-game Speakers need to be set as the soundcard you have set as your external speakers (that your the external speakers plugged into). My "Speakers 2- Logitech G35 Headset" is set as "Headset" in-game. The "Speakers SB audigy" is set as "Speakers" in-game. Once that is done make sure you have the Volume side of it set to route through the "Headset", the little Circle next to 'Voice Volume' on the left side should have "Headset" darkened/choosen.
 Note: The G35 headset is a USB headset which acts as its own Sound Device, and the Audigy is a PCI card with a 5.1 Speaker set plugged in via 3.5mm cables. Meaning two (2) completely different Sound Cards are installed and the game is splitting the audio to those devices separately.
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2011, 04:01:31 PM »
I wonder if Oneway's headphones only use the USB for power and that they do not in fact have their own sound processor...

I can tell you that I have set mine up in the past EXACTLY how Oneway wants it to be.  (Only Vox sound comes from headset and everything BUT Vox sound comes from speakers).  This was using a Turtle Beack AKR8 (USB) headset and onboard audio.

Oneway, exactly what model headset do you have?

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2011, 05:09:02 PM »
all depends if your sound chipset can handle 2 stereo streams, the onboard realtek HD on my intel X58 can and it works great :aok

enable this and you'll see 2 different playback devices in AH.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli