Author Topic: Worst movie you have ever watched?  (Read 6792 times)

Offline A8EJay

• Zinc Member
Re: Worst movie you have ever watched?
« Reply #120 on: August 05, 2012, 10:08:45 AM »
Cant beleive Biker Boyz hasn't been said yet.  That is by far the most stupid movie i have seen to date.  Its so bad i found myself watching just to see if it could be any dumber, and it continues to impress right up till the end. 

Offline Mickthestick

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #121 on: August 05, 2012, 10:09:01 AM »
Any movie starring Jonah Hill after Superbad.

And Jaws 2 wasn't that bad.

Offline Treize69

• Platinum Member
      • http://grupul7vanatoare.homestead.com/Startpage.html
« Reply #122 on: August 05, 2012, 11:30:22 AM »
It's one of my wife's favorites, and a few folks mentioned liking it, but I absolutely loathed Inglourious Basterds. I couldn't figure out if was supposed to be dark comedy, satire, or an actual war movie. If they wanted the feel of a '60s classic war flick, they got it right as far as cheesy acting and convoluted plot, but missed by a mile in the watchability factor. Wife had to sit me down on three separate occasions to watch the whole thing, I couldn't get through more than about 1/3 to half of it before I had to leave the room. The last time, I was reading a book and just mostly listening to see if it would get good.

The 'Cracked' article 'Movie heroes who actually made things worse pretty much exactly sume up my feelings on how 'well written' this movie is.

The Plot:

Brad Pitt and his Jewish commandos rampage through World War II Europe, killing the tulips off of every Nazi they find.

They catch wind of an upcoming film screening that Hitler and the rest of the Nazi higher-ups will be attending and concoct a shoddy plan to infiltrate and destroy them.

Wait, are we going to try to complain about a plan to kill Hitler?

The Problem:

Yep. What they don't realize is that the screening is already a brilliant plan to assassinate the Nazi leaders that would've gone off flawlessly even if--in fact, especially if--they had just stayed out of it.

The lady running the theater, Shoshanna, is actually a French Jew in disguise, seeking revenge for her murdered family at the hands of the S.S. She manages to fool all the higher ups, including Hitler and Goebbels, into gathering together in a single building which she intends to seal up tighter than a pickle jar and burn to the ground.

The only way it could have possibly gone wrong is if some absolute moron showed up at the reception and began acting absurdly suspicious.

When the Basterds show up, trying to fake speaking Italian even though they barely know a word of it, Nazi superman Colonel Landa spots them immediately and hauls them out of the theater. Only the fact that Landa decides at that moment to turn on his superiors (and let the attack happen) prevents him from derailing the whole thing.

Meanwhile, two of the basterds remain in the theater with bombs strapped to their legs, which also proves totally unnecessary since the doors are already locked and the fire is already started. Hitler and his cronies had no way out, and the place was about to turn into a blast furnace. The two basterds essentially blow themselves up for no reason.

Brad Pitt's clumsy intervention allows the murderous Landa to escape certain burnery death and make a deal with the American government for his freedom. Brad Pitt gives Landa a forehead scar, true, but this hardly seems adequate punishment for being an instrumental part of mass genocide seeing as how facial reconstructive surgery has been around since WWI and unsightly skin blemishes can be covered up by strategically placed headwear.

If They'd Just Stayed Away:

Not only would the Nazi brass have died, but Landa too. And the two basterds, along with their actress friend (who gets strangled by Landa) would have lived to see the end of the war. Everybody's happy.

Yup.
Treize (pronounced 'trays')- because 'Treisprezece' is too long and even harder to pronounce.

Moartea bolșevicilor.

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #123 on: August 05, 2012, 12:22:35 PM »
GODZILLA  :rofl
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #124 on: August 05, 2012, 12:59:57 PM »
It's one of my wife's favorites, and a few folks mentioned liking it, but I absolutely loathed Inglourious Basterds. I couldn't figure out if was supposed to be dark comedy, satire, or an actual war movie. If they wanted the feel of a '60s classic war flick, they got it right as far as cheesy acting and convoluted plot, but missed by a mile in the watchability factor. Wife had to sit me down on three separate occasions to watch the whole thing, I couldn't get through more than about 1/3 to half of it before I had to leave the room. The last time, I was reading a book and just mostly listening to see if it would get good.

The 'Cracked' article 'Movie heroes who actually made things worse pretty much exactly sume up my feelings on how 'well written' this movie is.

Yup.

Perhaps it might be useful to know that Inglorious Basterds is a sort of remake of a 1978 Italian "macaroni combat" comedy-drama war film. It's not supposed to be brilliant, just stylish and cool...

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Mickthestick

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #125 on: August 05, 2012, 01:37:57 PM »
It just doesn't get any worse than this... Absolute zero.

Gwyneth Paltrow was initially up for the female lead. It was going to be her break into the industry. After reading the script, her dad talked her out of it.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 01:40:53 PM by Mickthestick »

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: August 05, 2012, 01:42:10 PM »
Last of the Mohicans. Actually, I didn't make it through the first agonizing 10 minutes of watching him tip toe through the woods, looking around at trees.  They probably could have captured that same spirit in an agonizingly long 30 seconds.
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline Mickthestick

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #127 on: August 05, 2012, 01:45:07 PM »
Last of the Mohicans. Actually, I didn't make it through the first agonizing 10 minutes of watching him tip toe through the woods, looking around at trees.  They probably could have captured that same spirit in an agonizingly long 30 seconds.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1040678-last_of_the_mohicans/

I bet you thought Godfather was poorly written too.

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #128 on: August 05, 2012, 10:40:58 PM »
"Willard" :(

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #129 on: August 05, 2012, 11:01:45 PM »
Dinners for Schmucks...God...I don't even what to say  :bhead

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #130 on: August 05, 2012, 11:05:48 PM »
I've only ever walked out on one movie....

The latest version of "Inglorious Bastages"  :bhead
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #131 on: August 06, 2012, 12:06:53 AM »

Re make of Conan the barbarian= total fail

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #132 on: August 06, 2012, 01:17:35 AM »
Hobo with a shotgun...... :bolt:

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #133 on: August 06, 2012, 02:57:25 AM »
Natural born killers.  Just senseless violence.  Couldn't watch the whole thing.  Even wrote to Roger Ebert arguing with him about how he could rate that four stars, which is why I went to see it in the first  place.  We corresponded back and forth on it, but his bottom line was that it's not what the movie is about, but how well it's made that earned it four stars.  I say if a movie is stupid, I don't car how well it's made, it's still a stupid movie.  He disagrees.  :rolleyes:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
« Reply #134 on: August 06, 2012, 04:17:20 AM »
Battlefield Earth anyone?  How long can you last before you have to turn it off?
II/JG3 DGS II