Author Topic: CAC Boomerang request thread #1 of 1000  (Read 42674 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: CAC Boomerang request thread #1 of 1000
« Reply #240 on: December 01, 2013, 10:07:16 PM »
The only reason it was a close support aircraft is because the yanks hubris caused them to give us crappy jobs. Here's a photo taken by an AH player Breadrol.

The reason it was a support aircraft was because it was slow.

"The Boomerang's low top speed and poor high altitude performance meant that No. 84 could drive off enemy attacks but rarely get close enough to Japanese aircraft to bring their guns to bear. On the only occasion that a Boomerang did close on a Japanese aircraft, its guns jammed. There were not many air raids in this area, and after using Boomerangs for eight months No. 84 Sqn upgraded to the Kittyhawk.

The Boomerang found its niche as a light ground attack aircraft, a vital role as the ground war in the jungles of the South West Pacific theatre was often characterised by widely dispersed, small unit actions, fought at close quarters, with uncertain front lines. The Boomerang was ideal in this role because it: had the range to go wherever it was needed when it was based close to ground operations; had heavy armament; was agile and easy to fly, meaning that pilots could get close to ground targets, avoid ground fire and rough terrain and; featured extensive armour plating and a wood and aluminium airframe, that could withstand significant battle damage."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAC_Boomerang

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #241 on: December 01, 2013, 10:47:30 PM »
The reason it was a support aircraft was because it was slow.

No, actually it was because in very late 1942 when it was a new fighter introduced - it was already obsolete by many years, it should of been a trainer then a front line fighter. What Phatzo doesn't know is the Boomerang was already being removed from service well before the Yanks took over the show Thus is why P-40s and Beaufighters were being used and later Spitfires instead. You know planes with speed, range, bomb capability. Unfortunately he wants to blame MacArthur and the 5th Airforce, and rightly so - except there were no boomerangs this time of the war.

I think it was the 84th squadron who attempted to intercept some japanese planes and were upgraded to "superior P-40s" due to the Boomerang's shortcomings and not the only squadron who upgraded. I think 85th was doing combat air patrol around Derby looking for Japanese Submarine recon planes since they were fast enough to catch submarine recon aircraft.

Again I think they upgraded to Spit 5's as well.

JG 52

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #242 on: December 02, 2013, 11:33:42 AM »
No, actually it was because in very late 1942 when it was a new fighter introduced - it was already obsolete by many years, it should of been a trainer then a front line fighter. What Phatzo doesn't know is the Boomerang was already being removed from service well before the Yanks took over the show Thus is why P-40s and Beaufighters were being used and later Spitfires instead. You know planes with speed, range, bomb capability. Unfortunately he wants to blame MacArthur and the 5th Airforce, and rightly so - except there were no boomerangs this time of the war.

I think it was the 84th squadron who attempted to intercept some japanese planes and were upgraded to "superior P-40s" due to the Boomerang's shortcomings and not the only squadron who upgraded. I think 85th was doing combat air patrol around Derby looking for Japanese Submarine recon planes since they were fast enough to catch submarine recon aircraft.

Again I think they upgraded to Spit 5's as well.

This little bird will get plenty of play time with its 20mm's and ability to drop smoke. Mark tanks ..shoot flaks ...perfect.

Not to mention adding another country's plane to the plane set.

There are 30 million people in Australia?... I bet more than a few would like to fly this plane over the internet, designed by the "best in the business" plane simmer extraordinaire.

In this time of shrinkage don't you think it would be good idea to market other country's that were in the war as possible accounts.

Better then adding an h8k or whatever............ France.... a mir 75 million folks I bet quit a few would like to fly there Dewoitine.. No?.

Paasha,

« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 11:49:51 AM by Megalodon »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #243 on: December 02, 2013, 01:04:23 PM »
Adding another please :pray HTC with a big +1 for my buddy Fish! :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #244 on: December 03, 2013, 11:54:38 AM »
This little bird will get plenty of play time with its 20mm's and ability to drop smoke. Mark tanks ..shoot flaks ...perfect.

(Image removed from quote.)

Not to mention adding another country's plane to the plane set.

There are 30 million people in Australia?... I bet more than a few would like to fly this plane over the internet, designed by the "best in the business" plane simmer extraordinaire.

In this time of shrinkage don't you think it would be good idea to market other country's that were in the war as possible accounts.

Better then adding an h8k or whatever............ France.... a mir 75 million folks I bet quit a few would like to fly there Dewoitine.. No?.

Paasha,

You've got a very weird fixation over expanding the Aces High 'league of nations' and attempting to promote it as a potential revenue builder.

Here's the would-be Yugo of Ace's High to make your day:

:aok

P.S. British Commonwealth planes can still fly under one banner (it's one already in the game).  ;)

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #245 on: December 03, 2013, 08:17:30 PM »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #246 on: December 03, 2013, 09:02:52 PM »

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #247 on: December 04, 2013, 10:03:48 AM »
I will be all for the Boomerang after we get the new terrain engine, the Ki-100, P-61, Tu-2, Meteor, an updated 110 model, the Beaufighter, and an updated Ju 88 model with the Ju 88C variant added.  
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #248 on: December 04, 2013, 10:40:02 PM »
I will be all for the Boomerang after we get the new terrain engine, the Ki-100, P-61, Tu-2, Meteor, an updated 110 model, the Beaufighter, and an updated Ju 88 model with the Ju 88C variant added.  
No Ju88P?   Boomer will see more use than all of those combined... save maybe ... nope all of em   :aok

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #249 on: December 06, 2013, 07:36:27 AM »
No Ju88P?   Boomer will see more use than all of those combined... save maybe ... nope all of em   :aok

Everybody will be lining up to fly a plane that was replaced by the "Superior" P40  :lol

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #250 on: December 06, 2013, 10:05:54 AM »
Everybody will be lining up to fly a plane that was replaced by the "Superior" P40  :lol

HTC should just model more Late War perk planes, because nothing else will ever be good enough.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #251 on: December 06, 2013, 12:44:22 PM »
HTC should just model more Late War perk planes, because nothing else will ever be good enough.

Because that is exactly what I meant.  :rolleyes:

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #252 on: December 06, 2013, 02:45:15 PM »
Because that is exactly what I meant.  :rolleyes:

Tell us what are the other possible plane inclusions everyone will be lining up for. 

"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #253 on: December 06, 2013, 03:49:04 PM »
No Ju88P?   Boomer will see more use than all of those combined... save maybe ... nope all of em   :aok
On that list the Tu-2, Ki-100, P-61 and Meteor would all see much, much larger usage than the Boomerang.

The Boomerang is simply a slow, poor climbing Spitfire Mk V.  How much use does the Spitfire Mk V get?

If you're envisioning a massive influx of Aussies who have just been waiting in the wings to fly the Boomerang you're sadly mistaken.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline FTJR

• Silver Member
Bring the Beaufighter to Aces High
Raw Prawns      

B.O.S.S. "Beaufighter Operator Support Services" 
Storms and Aeroplanes dont mix