Author Topic: Starting Friday Oct 7  (Read 1637 times)

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
Starting Friday Oct 7
« on: October 05, 2011, 06:04:15 PM »

The focus of this campaign won't be territory capture, but the degradation of the enemy's fighting ability and morale.
(This weeks setup is based on Shifty's Adler Krieg scenario, set in Africa in late 1942)

In the fall of 1942, the Luftwaffe began to face it's newest enemy in ever increasing numbers and frequency.  The engagements didn't occur over the cold, cloudy sky above the English Channel or Coast of France. The German Eagle met it's new enemy the American Eagle in large numbers for the first time in the clear sky above the hot sands of North Africa.  The small initial engagements gave way to larger battles after Operation Torch in November 1942.  

The USAAF entered the theater of operations with untested units and young pilots. The P-39s of 81st and 350th Fighter Groups, P-40s of the 57th and 325th Fighter Groups, along with P-38s from the 1st and 14th Fighter Groups, were about to take on some of the cream of the crop of the Luftwaffe.

Veteran BF-109 units like JG-3, JG-27, JG-53 and JG-77. The fearsome FW-190 Butcher bird flown by JG-2, and venerable BF-110 Zerstörer, flown by units like ZG-26. As the German Eagle and American Eagle bloodied their talons on each other above North Africa they set the stage for two and a half years of bitter fighting ahead in Southern and Northern Europe.

Objective is the destruction of the enemies factories, city and headquarters.

Resupply will be an important consideration.

If a bases ammo bunkers are destroyed they will not be re-enabled automatically.

Field supplies must be driven or flown in to bring ords back up.

Top priority: Protect Headquarters. Engineers decide it will take 37,000lbs of ords to destroy. HQ destruction will disrupt radar and engineers will need seven loads of field supplies to repair it.

Base capture of certain key bases, A21 and A22 deep within enemy territory, will provide strategic position from which to attack the enemy's strats.

These key bases are enemy defensive positions and once captured must be improved.  Two loads of field supplies are needed before bomber Operations can be launched from them.

Germany/Luftwaffe*******

Bishops

Aircraft:
BF-109F
FW-190A5
BF-110C4
JU-88
JU87
C-47 – JU52 sub

Vehicles:
Panzer MK IV
Sdkfz-251
Ostwind

ARENA SETTINGS

Map= twinrivr
Killshooter is on.
Visibility is 12.0 miles
Fuel burn rate is 1.0
Ack settings are .5
Base capture: 10 troops
Radar (1942)
Sector 105600
Tower   79200
Icons Enemy, Friendly 3k
Resupply for ammo bunkers- 2 loads field supplies
Resupply for headquarters   - 7 loads field supplies

USA/USAAF *********
Knights.

Aircraft:
P-38G
P-39D
P-40E
Spitfire MkV
B-25C
A-20
C-47  
Vehicles:
M4A3/75
M3
M16
Jeep

The side that destroys the higher percentage of it's enemy strats by the end of the week will be victorious.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 06:24:19 PM by jimson »

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Starting Friday Oct 7
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 12:29:37 AM »
These types of setups really make me wish we had EW tanks like the LEE/PnZIII.

Im def coming for this one tho.  :aok

Didnt some hurricane MK IIC and D's fly with the USAAF in north africa tho?  :salute

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 02:02:40 PM »
WOOT  get to blow things up othere than  bases and  centralised strats?  Yes please   can you yup the amount of  convoys/trains? and apply points to them?
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 02:59:43 PM »
I feel some Ju87 and Ju88 runs coming in the near future.  :D
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 03:10:13 PM »
Thanks for the input guys

Didnt some hurricane MK IIC and D's fly with the USAAF in north africa tho?  :salute

Everything is a compromise.

The original setup was just US planes and the Spit was added later for balance. I think the Hurri 2C would be overbalancing in favor of Allies, not sure about the D, but in the past, this setup ran pretty well like as is.

can you yup the amount of  convoys/trains? and apply points to them?

That's intriguing, but the way it currently is, it's really easy to track, for the players as well as admins.

Keeping track of the number of trains destroyed would be significantly harder and players wouldn't be able to track that at all, but I will think about if there is a way it could be added for the future.

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 03:18:57 PM »
Looks fun Jimson... Yet another new and different setup. Its something to keep peoples attention once again.. keep em coming.. :aok

Will you continue with Your rolling plane set as we have been doing for weeks now in the AvA.. So that your country's appropriate air craft is automatically enable or disable upon base on capture?
Life is short. PLAY HARD...

"Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy."
Saadi

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 03:29:37 PM »
Will you continue with Your rolling plane set as we have been doing for weeks now in the AvA.. So that your country's appropriate air craft is automatically enable or disable upon base on capture?

Yes, but the only captured bases that will enable bombers are the one's mentioned, A21 and A22. Capturing any others won't help much.

There won't be any newer planes to be had as N Africa was pretty much conquered after this this time period.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 03:35:45 PM by jimson »

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 03:33:23 PM »
Raven, (Jimson answered before I could show my ignorant guess  :D ... but here are my thoughts anyhow)

I think there is a little twist in the incentives for attacking enemy bases and strats.   The way that I read it you will need to keep those engineers busy to keep your equipment and bombs available.  Now addition of reinforcements with newer equipment in the last stages (days) of the setup, might have a climactic boost.  That is if they fit within the time frame and it would be appropriate to fiddle with the balance / momentum of sides at that time.  Any thoughts Jimson?  I know we discussed having a setup that runs pretty much hands free.

Objective is the destruction of the enemies factories, city and headquarters.

Resupply will be an important consideration.

If a bases ammo bunkers are destroyed they will not be re-enabled automatically.

Field supplies must be driven or flown in to bring ords back up.

Top priority: Protect Headquarters. Engineers decide it will take 37,000lbs of ords to destroy. HQ destruction will disrupt radar and engineers will need seven loads of field supplies to repair it.

Base capture of certain key bases, A21 and A22 deep within enemy territory, will provide strategic position from which to attack the enemy's strats.

These key bases are enemy defensive positions and once captured must be improved.  Two loads of field supplies are needed before bomber Operations can be launched from them.

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 03:41:59 PM »
One never knows how folks will choose to play so I just try to add whatever might give more variety to those who choose it.

The resupply aspects (inspired by you actually Chilli) just give the players more ways to affect an overall strategy.

I forgot to mention that the factory strats can be resupplied as well, should folks choose to do that. The final tally will happen around Thursday midnite CST.

Of course folks may choose just to furball and that's fine too. No right or wrong ways to play it, just whatever folks have more fun with.

I'll take a look at service dates and such as it plays out, but yeah it's subject to adjustments along the way if needed.

There are some things I don't want to do.

Even though the Ju88 is pretty strong, the allies have a better jabo capability with the P-38, and I don't want to bring in allied heavy bombers.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 04:00:30 PM by jimson »

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2011, 04:12:10 PM »
Best of both worlds objectives and dog fighting :cheers: wish I wasn't going away this weekend gotta wait days to play it.. GRRRRrrrrrrrrr
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 04:33:34 PM by Nr_RaVeN »
Life is short. PLAY HARD...

"Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy."
Saadi

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2011, 04:46:30 PM »
Thanks for the input guys

That's intriguing, but the way it currently is, it's really easy to track, for the players as well as admins.

Keeping track of the number of trains destroyed would be significantly harder and players wouldn't be able to track that at all, but I will think about if there is a way it could be added for the future.

Motivation  for You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYTaddev6KQ&feature=related

not many trains being hit but  I like it heh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhreZIk07pI

« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 04:51:46 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2011, 05:02:23 PM »
Motivation  for You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYTaddev6KQ&feature=related

not many trains being hit but  I like it heh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhreZIk07pI

Allright, tell ya what, I'll put trains in as a tie breaker.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2011, 07:10:22 PM »

Allright, tell ya what, I'll put trains in as a tie breaker.

HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2011, 01:47:09 AM »
This is loaded and operational.

Amendments:

Enemy trains are legitimate targets and will be scored as tiebreaker as needed.

Bombsite is auto calibrate

City and factory strats can be player resupplied, percentage effect unknown.

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2011, 09:24:08 AM »
HQ hardness X 2

Radar downtime 15 mins