Author Topic: Dewoitine D.520  (Read 105186 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: Dewoitine D.520
« Reply #180 on: August 23, 2012, 12:09:46 AM »
Planes far more needed than the D.520, and far more representative of the theaters they served in:

<Snip>Half a dozen German planes with some chaff mixed in</Snip>

Bugger off Krusty and let these people wish for a plane they want. There are plenty of German planes already and you've just got your brand new Me410 to play with.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #181 on: August 23, 2012, 12:46:11 AM »
If you are attempting to call me a luftwhiner or something of the kind, take your troll elsewhere. Anybody that knows me knows that doesn't hold any water.

Face the facts, the D.520 should never be added to the game. Yeah, I said it. And not because it's French or any other false bias you throw my way: because it was a minor footnote of the war.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #182 on: August 23, 2012, 03:27:57 AM »
If you are attempting to call me a luftwhiner or something of the kind, take your troll elsewhere. Anybody that knows me knows that doesn't hold any water.

Your bias is obvious to anyone who interacts with you, even to others in this very thread.

...because it was a minor footnote of the war.

So what? So was the Focke-Wulf Ta 152 yet that is here.

Face the facts, the D.520 should never be added to the game. Yeah, I said it.

And most people posting in this thread disagree with you.

In my opinion: this game is about World War two air combat and since this aircraft fought it qualifies for inclusion. I'd far rather see a dozen of these interesting early war fighter aircraft added that one more late war super-fast or super armed aircraft.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #183 on: August 23, 2012, 03:36:40 AM »
Face the facts, the D.520 should never be added to the game. Yeah, I said it. And not because it's French or any other false bias you throw my way: because it was a minor footnote of the war.
Then what would you add if not this plane?
Minor footnote, huh? F4U4, F4U1C, Ta-152, P47M, Ar-234, Me-163, should i continue? Yet there is no Ki-43, He-111, Ju-188, Jak-3, Pe-2, Tu-2, Beaufighter, no hydroplanes, etc.
Idk whats wrong with this aircraft. Okay, maybe it isnt the biggest gap filler, but an elegant, nimble little beauty.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #184 on: August 23, 2012, 06:15:16 AM »
While it's not the most representative aircraft of the BoF, I believe it would be the most usable one in the LWA with it's nice roll rate and early drum fed hispano cannon.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #185 on: August 23, 2012, 06:56:35 AM »
The question to ask regarding the inclusion of a new ride to AH is will it see any use in either special events or the MA? The currently included "footnotes" have a limited role in scenarios but do see significant use in the MA, in fact their use there has to be artificially restricted by the perk point system.

The problem with the D.520 is it saw very little use in the war, just the Battle of France and Operation Torch IIRC. As an MA plane the Hispano is not a lot of help when you can get a Hurricane with four of the things in any MA arena. So you'd be adding a plane that would see very little MA use and would be usable in only two scenarios.

A Ki 43 or a Yak 1 or 7 would be far more useful early war fighters for scenarios and would probably see more MA use too.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #186 on: August 23, 2012, 08:21:26 AM »
I would fly the D520 and have been flying it for years...........on both sides in an Axis VS Allies arena with rolling planeset based on introduction real life introduction dates.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #187 on: August 23, 2012, 08:36:40 AM »
Greebo,
4*20s in the hurri is waay overkill. I agree that the Jak 1/7 would be excellent additions, but not in the ki-43. How would you get a kill in a zeek-outturner snail with double 7.92s? At least the D520 has a cannon to cause some damage when they are running away or hit something vital with one single snapshot. Due to the AH's damage modelling, thats practically inpossible with the BBs. The little ki would perform well in the scenarios against Fm2s and P40s but not against spits.
AoM
City of ice

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #188 on: August 23, 2012, 08:42:35 AM »
Same way I used to get kills in the D3A after I dropped the bombs maybe?

I've got hundreds of kills in the KI43 at other sims as well as the mig3.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #189 on: August 23, 2012, 08:44:48 AM »
Considering how quickly they ran from a fluffin G6, i gave up all the hope  :cry
 ;)
AoM
City of ice

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #190 on: August 23, 2012, 09:13:29 AM »
I'd see people using the Ki-43 much the way many use the other slow fighters in the MA, getting some alt then diving into a low, slow furball and saddling up on some E-less victim. If you get close enough and concentrate on one spot even a couple of mgs can knock pieces off. The more heavily armed A6Ms, Hurris, Brewsters and FM-2s would still see more use in this role, but the Ki-43 would make a fun counter to these rides as it could out turn any of them.

I'm not saying it will see a lot of use, just more than the D.520. Even an A6M2 has twice the cannon ammo and should also easily out perform the French plane in a fight.

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #191 on: August 23, 2012, 11:03:52 AM »
Ki43 will be a hanger queen with its anemic guns and the D520 flew in more than 4 groups.  The ki43 would be worse than the hurri1 or spit1 as far as usage prolly about the same as the Bn5.  

The D.520 saw way more use than 2 Battles that's ridiculous

I would fly the D.520 way before I would fly the ki43.

We had the ki43 in AW. When it 1st came out every 1 flew it for about 2 weeks then they put it away because it was so outclassed at least in FR.

The D.520 adds another country's plane  FRANCE and it would be plenty fine in the MA. 700 or so were produced and it more than qualifies for inclusion. In a very short period May-June it shot down 108 planes and many more after that.

BRING ON THE D.520  :rock

« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 11:11:49 AM by Megalodon »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #192 on: August 23, 2012, 11:11:46 AM »
The question to ask regarding the inclusion of a new ride to AH is will it see any use in either special events or the MA?

I ask a different question, if more of these characteristic and unique earlier war planes were added, would we see a shift in play towards actually staying around and fighting.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #193 on: August 23, 2012, 12:34:22 PM »
While it's not the most representative aircraft of the BoF, I believe it would be the most usable one in the LWA with it's nice roll rate and early drum fed hispano cannon.

It would be the most usable because it was the best of the best that France could offer. Remove the fact that it was French from the equation. That's the only argument folks in this thread have. It was French. Big deal. It wasn't the only one that had that characteristic.

What it IS is the best of the French, regardless of the fact that it still wasn't all that great. Regardless of the fact that very few actually served and for a very short time.

Shida, you are wrong with your implications that I'm LW-biased. That's a fact. If you want to discuss the relevance of the Ta152 I have some thoughts on the matter but they don't belong in this thread.

Megalodon, read up a bit more on the actual use and production of the craft. Africa and Battle of France is basically it. And its use in both was very limited. Saying 700 built isn't accurate as you imply 700 served. Despite massive ramp-ups in production only 3 groups had them at the time of France's surrender at BoF, and only a small number of second-tier-units had them in Africa. The Bf109 was still the main force for German fighter power.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #194 on: August 23, 2012, 01:08:43 PM »
so all the early war indigenous designed planes should never be included in AH, because they didn't win the war by themselves?

I'm starting to think that the bias you have is anti  french.
now posting as SirNuke