Author Topic: Dewoitine D.520  (Read 105250 times)

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
Re: Dewoitine D.520
« Reply #210 on: August 23, 2012, 03:54:50 PM »
as I understand ist as long as it served in Unit strength and  in combat it makes the cut to be included, and we dotn need ANOTHER 109 or spit. and there  are Enough American planes out there IMO.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #211 on: August 23, 2012, 04:41:38 PM »
AC/I

AC/2
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 07:31:23 PM by Megalodon »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #212 on: August 23, 2012, 08:51:25 PM »
Here is a great easy reading 6 page website on the D.520. It explains/covers the L'Escadrille's, groups,  units, trained, fought, killed, were killed, and who fought with it,  .... the 1st one to the the last one. In green and red just like AH  :)

http://ww2fighters.e-monsite.com/pages/dewoitine-d-520-2.html

The D.520 fought through the whole war from 1940 to 1945.

and here is a great shot of 2esd GC I/3 D520 #106 I stole from Krusty before he could finish pouring acid on it

Taken 21 Jan 40 just before they beat feat to Algeria.

:cheers:
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 09:41:57 PM by Megalodon »
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #213 on: August 23, 2012, 10:40:17 PM »
twinboom, don't you dare tell me what to do. You haven't earned that right by a long shot.

As for "megalodon" and his constant insults being thrown at me, his insinuations and implications, he is just a blow-hard who is plugging his ears to the facts and screaming like a child throwing a tantrum.

The D.520 did not fight the entire war. That's as bald-faced a lie as you can get. If you call being relegated to "advanced trainer" and being dumped on export allies that would rarely ever use it, then you have a very bad definition of "served the entire war"...

As for your link, it seems you didn't even read it yourself. More comprehension fail on your part. Did you actually read the dates and the numbes it lists? Here's one example:

"On May 16th, Wez-Thuisy was bombarded by He 111s : 2 D.520 were destroyed and 7 damaged. On May 17th, the Group reached Meaux-Esbly (France) with 18 D.520 (only 6 operational)."

6 operational planes for an entire GROUP. What else do you think they were flying in that time? Moraine-Saulners? H75s? Remember, armistace was signed in June, and in May thay had 6 operational for the group. Yes, they were getting batches of replacements, but the point is if the best-staffed group with the most planes and was there the longest only had 6 planes flyable.... what exactly are you reading? Because it doesn't paint a good picture.

That's all G.C.I, though. Maybe we should look at the others...

G.C.II, changed from M.S.406 (which had been fighting since the previous year, if you recall) on May 20th... that's the month before June (which is when the armistace was signed).

In early June the G.C.II/3 squadron was seeing some action in D.520s, but in small numbers. Nothing to indicate full squadron strength was in the air at any time, unlike G.C.I's aircraft.

How about G.C.II/6? Begun equipping in June, no time for any real action. Disbanded shortly after armistace. However in that short time span they moved around constantly to no less than seven different airfields. I doubt they were doing much for the war effort.

How about G.C.II/7? They didn't convert until the end of May (again, right before armistace). Minor action in one major dogfight. Their last 3 victories of the war were on June 15th. 15 days of service, give or take.

Moving on to the third group, G.G.III/3 was also started on D.520s in early June. By June 7th they were already retreating, and burning D.520s where they stood rather than let Germans overtake them sitting on fields. 1 week before they were already out of the fight in some cases. Between the 10th and the 13th of June the unit moved 3 times. Their last mission was on the 16th. For a unit formed in early June, it was also done fighting in early June.

Then there's G.C.III/6... They only received their first 7 D.520s on June 10th. Between the 10th and the the 20th, they received more, but only saw a couple of fights with the Italians before fleeing with their planes to North Africa to avoid the armistace. 10 days and a couple sorties.

The D.520 saw very little action as compared to the whole of French aircraft at the time. You ought to look up the action of the hawks, or the 406s, if you want to compare that apple of yours to more apples, instead of comparing it to... well NOTHING.

Did you even bother reading this stuff? This is your own link, man. You're knocking your own sell on your butt, man.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 10:43:31 PM by Krusty »

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #214 on: August 23, 2012, 10:58:15 PM »
I'd like to see the plane - its like the I-16 but a lil angrier
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #215 on: August 23, 2012, 11:39:12 PM »
twinboom, don't you dare tell me what to do. You haven't earned that right by a long shot.

As for "megalodon" and his constant insults being thrown at me, his insinuations and implications, he is just a blow-hard who is plugging his ears to the facts and screaming like a child throwing a tantrum.

The D.520 did not fight the entire war. That's as bald-faced a lie as you can get. If you call being relegated to "advanced trainer" and being dumped on export allies that would rarely ever use it, then you have a very bad definition of "served the entire war"...

As for your link, it seems you didn't even read it yourself. More comprehension fail on your part. Did you actually read the dates and the numbes it lists? Here's one example:

"On May 16th, Wez-Thuisy was bombarded by He 111s : 2 D.520 were destroyed and 7 damaged. On May 17th, the Group reached Meaux-Esbly (France) with 18 D.520 (only 6 operational)."

6 operational planes for an entire GROUP. What else do you think they were flying in that time? Moraine-Saulners? H75s? Remember, armistace was signed in June, and in May thay had 6 operational for the group. Yes, they were getting batches of replacements, but the point is if the best-staffed group with the most planes and was there the longest only had 6 planes flyable.... what exactly are you reading? Because it doesn't paint a good picture.

That's all G.C.I, though. Maybe we should look at the others...

G.C.II, changed from M.S.406 (which had been fighting since the previous year, if you recall) on May 20th... that's the month before June (which is when the armistace was signed).

In early June the G.C.II/3 squadron was seeing some action in D.520s, but in small numbers. Nothing to indicate full squadron strength was in the air at any time, unlike G.C.I's aircraft.

How about G.C.II/6? Begun equipping in June, no time for any real action. Disbanded shortly after armistace. However in that short time span they moved around constantly to no less than seven different airfields. I doubt they were doing much for the war effort.

How about G.C.II/7? They didn't convert until the end of May (again, right before armistace). Minor action in one major dogfight. Their last 3 victories of the war were on June 15th. 15 days of service, give or take.

Moving on to the third group, G.G.III/3 was also started on D.520s in early June. By June 7th they were already retreating, and burning D.520s where they stood rather than let Germans overtake them sitting on fields. 1 week before they were already out of the fight in some cases. Between the 10th and the 13th of June the unit moved 3 times. Their last mission was on the 16th. For a unit formed in early June, it was also done fighting in early June.

Then there's G.C.III/6... They only received their first 7 D.520s on June 10th. Between the 10th and the the 20th, they received more, but only saw a couple of fights with the Italians before fleeing with their planes to North Africa to avoid the armistace. 10 days and a couple sorties.

The D.520 saw very little action as compared to the whole of French aircraft at the time. You ought to look up the action of the hawks, or the 406s, if you want to compare that apple of yours to more apples, instead of comparing it to... well NOTHING.

Did you even bother reading this stuff? This is your own link, man. You're knocking your own sell on your butt, man.

Hahahaha... how far did ya get?

I'm not going to bother going threw your spiel or digging up the day by day out of the many books I have on  the subject  ...but you have many mistakes or flatuations and I'll let the web sit/ stand as it is thanks.

Read up,

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #216 on: August 24, 2012, 03:27:29 AM »
A: the D520 is a French plane...

French plane? Whats that?  :confused:
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #217 on: August 24, 2012, 04:06:48 AM »
If it arrives in AH, the little pilot dude simply has to be wearing one of those berets  :rock
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #218 on: August 24, 2012, 08:47:36 AM »
If it arrives in AH, the little pilot dude simply has to be wearing one of those berets  :rock

thta will be a perked option.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #219 on: August 24, 2012, 09:49:03 AM »
French plane? Whats that?  :confused:

Something good at running?   :devil

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #220 on: August 24, 2012, 10:12:07 AM »
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #221 on: August 24, 2012, 10:12:48 AM »
Something good at running?   :devil

That's almost as funny as your cartoons, keep going
now posting as SirNuke

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #222 on: August 24, 2012, 10:50:40 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

I didn't know the dreamfinders plane was French!

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #223 on: August 24, 2012, 11:53:16 AM »
If I may, I think this will be a gentlemens plane (look at the guy in the robe in the picture).  Given the particular air of elitism that some like De Gaul felt about their "superior" men and machines.

I am so silly.  Even given my silly comment, I can see myself and others flying this just because "it just has to be the best plane!!!!".  Viva La Fraance! Viva!!!

Reginald...bring me my Dewoitine!  :salute
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #224 on: August 24, 2012, 12:49:21 PM »
If I may, I think this will be a gentlemens plane (look at the guy in the robe in the picture).  Given the particular air of elitism that some like De Gaul felt about their "superior" men and machines.

I am so silly.  Even given my silly comment, I can see myself and others flying this just because "it just has to be the best plane!!!!".  Viva La Fraance! Viva!!!

Reginald...bring me my Dewoitine!  :salute

This smells like a cartoon to me.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep