Author Topic: Ink's Success what next ?  (Read 2146 times)

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
Re: Ink's Success what next ?
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2011, 11:58:30 PM »
Dave's right, wait dave's not here man ( sorry old flash back) i do like an idea of a wingman ladder in time.
No man, it's Dave. Let me in.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2011, 02:34:34 AM »
Dave's right, wait dave's not here man ( sorry old flash back) i do like an idea of a wingman ladder in time.
There used to be a 2v2 ladder, levi and nath dominated it.

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2011, 02:40:39 AM »
dont do that :aok

btw thanx  :salute

Cheers  :D

I don't think I ever do I just put my drum away for a couple of months. I am hoping one day everyone will be ready to move on. Don't anyone ask me from what becase I already have  ;) :salute
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 02:42:53 AM by Yarbles »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2011, 03:10:14 AM »
to paraphrase a great man

it's not that you have the wrong kind of ladders, but the wrong kind of community
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2011, 03:23:41 AM »
Inks Ladder works because not one person is in charge. Ink is the organizer but changes in rules/ people being booted is voted on by members of the Ladder. There is no nepotism. Ink also garners a mutual respect from everyone, at least I believe. So when a certain squad who was in charge of the SDL starts to blame the community maybe they should look in the mirror because they ran SDL. SDLs success or failure is on them not the community.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2011, 03:37:02 AM »
So when a certain squad who was in charge of the SDL...

I'm fairly new, so please enlighten me - what squad was in charge of the SDL?  ;)
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2011, 03:39:59 AM »
Inks Ladder works because not one person is in charge. Ink is the organizer but changes in rules/ people being booted is voted on by members of the Ladder. There is no nepotism. Ink also garners a mutual respect from everyone, at least I believe. So when a certain squad who was in charge of the SDL starts to blame the community maybe they should look in the mirror because they ran SDL. SDLs success or failure is on them not the community.

:salute

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2011, 03:47:29 AM »

you think any other squad would have voted to support KN's continued presence with the way perdweeb went off on everyone?  I did agree that HO-ing on the merge was un-sporting and some squads did start using it as a valid tactic.   It was the nature of the beast unfortunately.  

And your wrong about running "SDL", the squads organised matches amongst themselves and any rule changes had a forum to discuss them.   I only had to act when things got out of hand.  We had around 80 matches with only 3 having any sort of issue afterwards.   If squads refuse to jump back in or carry on fighting because it is deemed to be so serious then that is their choice, we had some great fights with muppets, Jokers, LD's etc.  

IMO the failure was more to do with a lack of squadron organisation or willpower.  They just couldn't guarantee enough numbers.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2011, 03:58:32 AM »
which squad was using ho as their main tactic? lulz
in the ladder its expressly forbidden since the members can vote about ejecting the dirty players.
Perd went ballistic couse the organizers were behind the dirty ones, i guess (would like to hear Perd's opinion about it). IMO it would be playable and fun again if there were no shameful acts, whatever side they were on.
Fugi got it:  wall of rulez, thats needed to keep it rolling...  sad.
AoM
City of ice

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2011, 05:19:48 AM »
There used to be a 2v2 ladder, levi and nath dominated it.

Kazaa & Bruv vs. Levi & Nath

That, i would pay to watch!  :O

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2011, 06:41:55 AM »
you think any other squad would have voted to support KN's continued presence with the way perdweeb went off on everyone?  I did agree that HO-ing on the merge was un-sporting and some squads did start using it as a valid tactic.   It was the nature of the beast unfortunately.  

And your wrong about running "SDL", the squads organised matches amongst themselves and any rule changes had a forum to discuss them.   I only had to act when things got out of hand.  We had around 80 matches with only 3 having any sort of issue afterwards.   If squads refuse to jump back in or carry on fighting because it is deemed to be so serious then that is their choice, we had some great fights with muppets, Jokers, LD's etc.  

IMO the failure was more to do with a lack of squadron organisation or willpower.  They just couldn't guarantee enough numbers.

We LDs are getting hungry again to give the SDL an restart, so why we just give it all a go without looking back and beating a dead horse.
Lets push it forward again and lets have some big adrenaline showers again. We just should create an CO roundtable with the same background about what ink integrated here

anyone?

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2011, 07:00:21 AM »
The GFC will be in charge of light refreshments  :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2011, 11:40:33 AM »

No it wouldnt lol
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2011, 01:01:08 PM »

:rofl I don't think Bruv and Kazaa are quite ready for that yet.
Lighten up Francis

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2011, 01:05:07 PM »
:rofl I don't think Bruv and Kazaa are quite ready for that yet.
I love how people still hump there legs...there long gone now :rolleyes:
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3