Author Topic: Kawasaki Ki.100  (Read 8541 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: Kawasaki Ki.100
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2011, 07:26:35 PM »
Well, Krusty did claim that the request Scher and I had for the Mossie VI to be remodeled with ejector stacks wouldn't matter as 20mph wasn't significant.  I don't know if he still hews to that position, but the Mossie's K/D ratio last tour was 1.2 to 1 whereas before the remodel it was always in the 0.6-0.8 to 1 ratio.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2011, 08:18:40 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 10:34:03 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2011, 08:29:26 PM »
Does anybody have an actual climb rate chart? Not just the "5000m in 6 minutes" quote? What's the initial rate, and what does it drop to, etc? I'm not attempting to further the argument any (the issue seems well covered by now), I'm genuinely curious to compare to AH's climb chart.
I've always had a lot of trouble getting a more detailed climb chart for Japanese aircraft than x minutes to y feet.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2011, 08:38:04 PM »
I've run into the same problem doing internet searches the past 2 days. It definitely seems like it was tested, maybe even by US forces (?) as well, but it doesn't seem like they thought it was worth making a chart.

Odd, and a little annoying.

Offline AHTbolt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2011, 10:32:39 PM »
Charts and graphs aside and hurling poop bombs at each other I just think is a cool looking airplane. :neener:
AWWWWW CRAP YOU SHOT WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the desert somewhere west of Kuwait 1991.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2011, 02:57:52 AM »
Nrshida's rage fit nothwithstanding, I suppose it all boils down to semantics, what I consider a lot vs what you might.

:lol nice try.

Don't try to claim that you are the injured party who is just honestly plodding along trying to find the facts. You're not. You're looking to find some pseudo data which supports your mission that just in case the plane gets added, HTC should use the poorest performing data available.

It doesn't boil down to semantics, that's how you make the space to do your reality fiddling, by constantly changing the parameters of the discussion.

It boils down to finding reasonable data, free from agenda, which we have. The horsepower and weights have been supplied several times from reliable sources.

Fortunately for the rest of us HTC continues to demonstrate its will to model its aircraft as accurately as possible. I'm sure if HTC chose to include this aircraft (and I'm sure they will eventually) then we will all have the opportunity to compare the change of reduced weight, increased power and drag on a familiar airframe.

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline Mitsu.

• Copper Member
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2011, 06:21:18 AM »
Let me get the terrible tony.

But I will be hanged by AKAK's P-38J... :D

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2011, 02:38:02 PM »
I've always had a lot of trouble getting a more detailed climb chart for Japanese aircraft than x minutes to y feet.

I have the manuals in Japanese for all Japanese aircraft, sadly its going to be x meters to y minutes.

Best I can tell you is 2733ft per minute climb rate (16400 / 6 minutes)
There isn't anything more specific in this, the manuals I have come directly from the aircraft designer, and it won't give you any more detailed information.
JG 52

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2011, 02:48:34 PM »
As in printed manuals Butcher, or electronic versions?

HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2011, 06:22:47 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 10:34:58 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2011, 06:40:32 PM »
As in printed manuals Butcher, or electronic versions?

Yes printed Manuals, roughly around 325 or so printed manuals, I have a few I copied to PDF because of old age, I mainly use Osprey aircam aviation or vanguard for my sources since I have roughly over 590 PDF files on various aircraft/tanks/ships.

It's interesting to see what the prototypes did vs combat ready versions, of course bugs and everything else have to be evaluated and modified.

JG 52

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2011, 07:44:52 PM »
Butcher I'm interested in how you got the manufacturer's manuals from the sources you listed. I have a good collection of manuals and I'm always looking for more. Can you share more about where you found the Japanese manuals in particular?

thanks,
Baumer
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2011, 12:28:17 AM »
Incorrect... HTC chose to use US fuel data (apparently? I don't know where he got that rate)

What fuel got to do with it?

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2011, 02:39:33 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 10:36:13 AM by Skuzzy »
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2011, 10:03:54 AM »
Butcher I'm interested in how you got the manufacturer's manuals from the sources you listed. I have a good collection of manuals and I'm always looking for more. Can you share more about where you found the Japanese manuals in particular?

thanks,
Baumer

A gent I knew in another game had passed away, I knew him and his wife for some time and she wanted to donate the books to the community that played at the time, I offered a list the books on the forums long as someone paid shipping charges i'd mail them a section of the books and divide them up evenly. In the end nobody wanted the manuals, and she gave me whatever we didn't mail off. I received the volume set to History of United States Naval Operations in World War II and had a trunk load of manuals I thought I'd never read because most are in foreign languages, but I figured i'd preserve them at least till lately since I have been opening them up to get information for Aces High.

JG 52