Author Topic: Im loving the M-18!  (Read 1972 times)

Offline killerdude8

• Copper Member
Im loving the M-18!
« on: October 13, 2011, 11:56:33 PM »
Just jumped over a gun emplacement in one of these.

any awesome moves done in the M-18, post 'em here!!  :D
If your gonna fail, do it in such a way that people will be wondering how you managed to do that.

If it cant be fixed with duct tape, it cant be fixed at all.

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
Re: Im loving the M-18!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 12:44:33 AM »
I backflipped it on one of the little hills and it landed back on its tracks lol. It was a moment when I looked up in the corner and about shot myself when there wasn't a little red 'R' there lol

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 12:50:16 AM »

:P

Love the new Gun effects.
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 06:32:41 AM »
Yeah, I had some fun with it last night
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 06:43:22 AM »
Shes a fun little ride  :aok   Someone needs to send BAR a bottle of Jamison  :D
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 06:46:57 AM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 06:49:23 AM »
Shes a fun little ride  :aok   Someone needs to send BAR a bottle of Jamison  :D

Score 1 for the lobyists!!!
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline Lepape2

• Nickel Member
      • YouTube musician/video channel
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 08:07:00 AM »
Oh yeah I'm loving it too! Last night we where charging a group of 4 M18s full speed trough the forest to overwelm a king tiger behind a hill. It really felt great... until we all got slaughtered by some hidden tank nearby. King tiger survived but what the heck, it was fun!  :rock
I say its worth the little 1 perk you have to spend because there is usually another M18 on the opposing side you can easily kill to repay your money  :devil
Jug Movie 1 - Hunt or Prey
Jug Movie 2 - The Jug's Tail

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 08:37:12 AM »
I had a fun engagement with a Tiger 1. I saw him moving up a flank at the 135 spawn, so I took the scenic route and got behind him. He had no idea I was there. I shot one round into him (while still moving) which destroyed his gun. I then shot him in the side while driving past, shot him in the front, then shot him in the rear again. He wasn't able to follow me with his turret. Unfortunately my shots didn't kill him, and I had to bug out as he had a friendly Hellcat coming to help, but I dare say the M18 is superior than the tiger in some situations, particularly in GV battles that take place in larger, wooded terrain.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2011, 08:45:10 AM »
I had a fun engagement with a Tiger 1. I saw him moving up a flank at the 135 spawn, so I took the scenic route and got behind him. He had no idea I was there. I shot one round into him (while still moving) which destroyed his gun. I then shot him in the side while driving past, shot him in the front, then shot him in the rear again. He wasn't able to follow me with his turret. Unfortunately my shots didn't kill him, and I had to bug out as he had a friendly Hellcat coming to help, but I dare say the M18 is superior than the tiger in some situations, particularly in GV battles that take place in larger, wooded terrain.

A Tiger only has one thing working against it vs the M18: turret traverse.  When in a Tiger and you see that M18 racing to your flank, forget trying to traverse the turret. This is where the true pivot capability comes in to play: pivoting that Tiger to keep the front hull towards the M18 and to get your gun on him faster is going to be key.  Also, and I will remind people of this next tip as often as I am able, I HIGHLY suggest not taking %100 AP in a tank, especially in a Tiger.  Why??? Because HE will be more effective vs the M18 than AP and here is why: you do not have to hit the M18 with HE to disable it, it only has 13mm of armor anywhere on its hull and HE will punch right through it with a near miss and disable it via throwing a track or damaging the engine, or even destroying it outright.  Firing HE at an M18, moving or still, will be more effective than AP.  Mark my word.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline killerdude8

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 02:08:41 PM »
sounds like y'all had a good time with it, but still if it wasnt for BAR's persistent nature we wouldnt have it.   :salute   :aok
If your gonna fail, do it in such a way that people will be wondering how you managed to do that.

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 09:38:28 PM »
sounds like y'all had a good time with it, but still if it wasnt for BAR's persistent nature we wouldnt have it.   :salute   :aok

I was so disappointed last night when Bar321 killed me four times while I was in an M-18.

He was in a Tiger 2.

:frown:

:aok

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 09:51:09 PM »
I was so disappointed last night when Bar321 killed me four times while I was in an M-18.

He was in a Tiger 2.

That Turn-Coat Pinko Commie!!! :D

wrongway
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline killerdude8

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2011, 10:16:30 PM »

He was in a Tiger 2.

wrongway

dosent seem like bar, like he basicly kissed the tulips of the hitech crew for it  :lol

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2011, 11:35:20 PM »
Whats an M18??
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2011, 11:36:45 PM »

He was in a Tiger 2.

wrongway

BAR, you disappointed me.    :frown:
Oaktree

56th Fighter group