Author Topic: Is it fair to say...  (Read 1778 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Is it fair to say...
« on: October 14, 2011, 08:30:12 AM »
kids ruin the game? I think so. I base this assumption on Getbacks thread. I'm curious what you think.

BTW kid is defined as under 18  :salute

Lighten up Francis

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: Is it fair to say...
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 08:39:49 AM »
It's spread across all demographics.

...remainder of post will stay in my head because I'd rather not get rule #'d by Skuzzy...
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 08:42:28 AM »
It's spread across all demographics.

...remainder of post will stay in my head because I'd rather not get rule #'d by Skuzzy...
PM me then. I won't report you. I honestly want and value your opinion.
Lighten up Francis

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 08:44:48 AM »
kids ruin the game? I think so. I base this assumption on Getbacks thread. I'm curious what you think.

Kids do not ruin the game. Idiots do that and they come in all ages.
See Rule #4

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 08:45:12 AM »
I agree, its not just one group that is at fault. If your going to blame a group, blame "gamers". Gamers are a different breed and play the game a different way.

Gamers play to win, and that means by any means possible. Simmers on the other hand are all about "how" you play, the end game just isn't that important.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 08:45:36 AM »
kids ruin the game?

No, grumpy old men do. The most annoying, thoroughly disturbed players had always been "adults".

Seriously, we need as much kids as we can get to keep this game alive. Get ‘em while they’re young!
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 08:48:20 AM »
I agree with Fugitive.  :salute
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 08:48:47 AM »
No, grumpy old men do. The most annoying, thoroughly disturbed players had always been "adults".

Seriously, we need as much kids as we can get to keep this game alive. Get ‘em while they’re young!

I've found younger players need more attention because they need help or are curious about the mechanics of the game.  On the other hand I've found far more cry-babies who are adults, matter of fact I cant think of any younger players that were cry babies nearly as bad as the adults.

I agree, get more kids!   :aok   :D
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2011, 08:55:44 AM »
 :lol I have to admit you guys do have some good points. Gawd I hope I'm not turning into a grumpy old man  :noid

I kind of agree with Fugi too, but I tend to think of most if not all folks under 18 as gamers. I forget that gamers come in all ages I guess. Then again Snailman is right about keeping the game alive and Smokinloon is spot on about crying adults...Maybe I should have replaced the word "kids" with "gamers" instead?  :headscratch:
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 09:08:06 AM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 09:00:47 AM »

so true lusche, so true.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 09:12:19 AM »
  Someone last night complained he had to fly far to find a fight. I assumed he was young, he was definitly a Noob, but wanted instant gratification like the Xbox genertion does.  :x
  That doesn't bother me as much as the so-called "Veterans" of the game that puff out thier chest and name call everyone that doesn't have thier K/D ratio.  :neener:
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 09:36:58 AM »
OK gentlemen clearly it is NOT fair to say that "kids ruin gameplay". Ty for the responses and enlightenment  :D I am off to bed  :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2011, 10:10:35 AM »

I'm 52 and completely disagree.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2011, 10:46:19 AM »
im in my early 50's, i know guys as old and older then me, that are the dweebiest players around. they pick, they HO, then they scream about ethics, and how the game has degenerated, but only when they get beat. i try to lead by example. sure i ho on occasion, i pick on occasion too. but i don't scream or yell when it happens to me, i just up a new plane and start over.

i think blaming the younger crowd is a way of excusing that particular persons behavior. there are bad players of all ages, as fugitive said. picking on the young players is just a way of justifying that they, themselves, are crappy players.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2011, 11:34:22 AM »
I don't think under 18's ruin the game in general. Lame gamers/gaming-actions exist throughout every age group gaming.

The only people that ruin the game are the ones that hold the trigger down on the first merge.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho