Author Topic: Walking Dead season 2  (Read 6215 times)

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re: Walking Dead season 2
« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2011, 06:04:49 PM »
If it follows the comic, they're going to a prison next.

Speaking of the comic, http://www.comicvine.com/tony-moore/26-42442/the-walking-dead/49-18166/

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2011, 09:35:50 PM »
I had a feeling that Herschel was up to something weird.  Now the question is, did he send them to the well with the walker in it on purpose trying to infect them?

HA! During the shows first season I mentioned ot my daughter that I wondered how long it would take before someone decided a zombie would make a good pet.

LMAO now this season a guy has a whole kennel of em.

Though Im going to guess he too is working for some sort of cure and is more then just a vet
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: November 17, 2011, 09:38:05 PM »
Seems like he made a very difficult choice in a very bad situation. He made the right call in my opinion.
]
Actually I think they both made bad calls. Before the left hte building when they were both on the ledge. I dont understand why they didnt use the butts of their rifles to just club the walkers to death instead of wasting all their ammo.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2011, 09:10:10 PM »
Killin' Zombies makes the blonde horny.

Almost gettin' killed makes the brunette horny.

Whole lott'a boning goin' on.

Oh, and they didn't find the girl yet either.

This episode was a snoozer In my opinion. Sure wish I had a good book to read.  :mad:
See Rule #4

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2011, 09:33:02 PM »
This episode was a snoozer In my opinion. Sure wish I had a good book to read.  :mad:

Looks like this episode was setting things up for the big mid-season finale next week when they all find out about Herschel's zombie collection in the barn.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: November 21, 2011, 12:10:52 PM »
The sub plots are sure dragging down the show. I really don't care for all of the emotional angst the female writers are dumping in the show. The confrontation with the wife over her pregnancy and her fling with Shane didn't track well at all.  :huh

At least they explained WHY Hershal has the zombies in the barn. One is his wife and the other a son (stepson?) so he is obviously hoping that there will be a "cure" found. It is a case of losing his objectivity and failing to recognise that the walkers are no longer the folks they used to be and cannot ever come back. Hell, the decomposition should have made that a no brainer. Then again the fact that zombies are decomposing and still need to "feed" is somewhat contradictory in itself anyhow.  :rolleyes:
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: November 21, 2011, 01:01:32 PM »
At least they explained WHY Hershal has the zombies in the barn. One is his wife and the other a son (stepson?) so he is obviously hoping that there will be a "cure" found. It is a case of losing his objectivity and failing to recognise that the walkers are no longer the folks they used to be and cannot ever come back. Hell, the decomposition should have made that a no brainer.

I'm curious to see how they resolve the Hershal issue.  I could see the zombies getting out of the barn and eating him...  But there weren't very many of them, so if that happened, the group could just kill them all and then take over the farm.

So, either the group is going to leave the farm with Hershal still in place.  Maybe with Maggie joining the group.  Or, something dramatic will have to happen to make the farm no longer a viable place to stay.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2011, 01:39:58 PM »
Do pitbulls like zombies? :)

Our dog thread got locked due to the film I imagine.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline RightF00T

• Silver Member
« Reply #98 on: November 21, 2011, 08:03:44 PM »
Just find the damn girl, and kill more zombies.  All this talking is getting a lil absurd....  :furious

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: November 21, 2011, 08:25:15 PM »
If Maggie wants she can head my way, I'll take good care of her... :D
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2011, 10:13:19 PM »
The sub plots are sure dragging down the show. I really don't care for all of the emotional angst the female writers are dumping in the show. The confrontation with the wife over her pregnancy and her fling with Shane didn't track well at all.  :huh

At least they explained WHY Hershal has the zombies in the barn. One is his wife and the other a son (stepson?) so he is obviously hoping that there will be a "cure" found. It is a case of losing his objectivity and failing to recognise that the walkers are no longer the folks they used to be and cannot ever come back. Hell, the decomposition should have made that a no brainer. Then again the fact that zombies are decomposing and still need to "feed" is somewhat contradictory in itself anyhow.  :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

My girlfriend really likes this series but I haven't gotten into it. Although the idea of a virus mutating and causing people to become rabid "zombies" is much more plausible, I prefer the old school slow, shuffling "walking dead" zombies with missing and/or decaying body parts. Never have cared much about horror movies, but in the event of a zombie apocolypse you will never find me far from my 10 ga. Browning, .270 Weatherby Magnum and Marlin .444 Magnum. Told my dad we need an AR-15 .223 for wild hogs and to prepare for this so hopefully that will take!
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: November 22, 2011, 12:37:25 AM »

My girlfriend really likes this series but I haven't gotten into it. Although the idea of a virus mutating and causing people to become rabid "zombies" is much more plausible, I prefer the old school slow, shuffling "walking dead" zombies with missing and/or decaying body parts. Never have cared much about horror movies, but in the event of a zombie apocolypse you will never find me far from my 10 ga. Browning, .270 Weatherby Magnum and Marlin .444 Magnum. Told my dad we need an AR-15 .223 for wild hogs and to prepare for this so hopefully that will take!

444  ohhhhh  sick gun, Had a friend that had one :aok

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: November 22, 2011, 07:26:18 AM »
Told my dad we need an AR-15 .223 for wild hogs and to prepare for this so hopefully that will take!

Let me know if that works for you...  If it does, I may try it on my wife!   :D

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
      • http://www.simpilots.org/
« Reply #103 on: November 22, 2011, 09:17:13 AM »

Guns are fine as long as you have ammo, but what happens when you run out?

They need to start looking for some high quality swords and battle axes. Don't have to worry about reloading.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #104 on: November 22, 2011, 09:24:29 AM »
Guns are fine as long as you have ammo, but what happens when you run out?

They need to start looking for some high quality swords and battle axes. Don't have to worry about reloading.
But you also have to let them close.