Author Topic: Die With Dignity  (Read 2950 times)

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
Re: Die With Dignity
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2011, 02:32:45 PM »
I don't really understand why folks feel the need to go off on others, either on 200 or in private.  It was always my fault when I died, either because I allowed my SA to break down, or I stayed in too long and was overwhelmed, or I just wasn't good enough to beat that guy 1v1.  Learn from it, appreciate the opportunity, and move on.  It's a lot less stressful than blaming others for not flying exactly the way I think they should.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2011, 02:35:45 PM »
Since I'm not really dying, I figure I'll die with as little dignity as possible, and hopefully laughing, as I plow into the dirt :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2011, 02:42:21 PM »
I'm not dissagreeing.  :salute    My point was not to defend every complaint. It was to refute that no complaint is valid.  Understanding game dynamics means the most fun may be had by not seeking ways to win without completely frustrate your opponent.  :aok

Some peoples' threshold for frustration is just ridiculously low though.  Completely unrealistic for the situation.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2011, 09:06:54 PM »
Since I'm not really dying, I figure I'll die with as little dignity as possible, and hopefully laughing, as I plow into the dirt :)

Umm, it's not really dirt!   :neener:

The laughing is real though  :D  :aok

:salute

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2011, 09:11:31 PM »
I like the ones who are over your base at 10k or so.... they dive on you as you take off. After a bit when they die you start towards their base. They take off coming at you. You have the alt now as you have been flying while they reup. You kill them as they wonder in and out of their ack and they call you an alt monkey.    :rofl

Ah yes, the joys of AH. one better is those same folks diving on you as you take off calling you an ack hugger, haha <-- that one gets me everytime!

:D

I guess technically speaking, I'm hugging ack till my wheels are up  :huh  it gets very confusing!!

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2011, 08:09:25 AM »
Some peoples' threshold for frustration is just ridiculously low though.  Completely unrealistic for the situation.

Wiley.

I wouldn't dissagree with that either.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2011, 08:58:45 AM »

Ah yes, the joys of AH. one better is those same folks diving on you as you take off calling you an ack hugger, haha <-- that one gets me everytime!

:D

I guess technically speaking, I'm hugging ack till my wheels are up  :huh  it gets very confusing!!

I know how you feel. I tried hugging ack once to see what the fuss was about by my arms kept getting blown off.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2011, 09:05:10 AM »
Dirt is not my problem... it's those darn trees. If tanks ever get the ability to knock down trees I want the same for planes. :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Kovel

• Copper Member
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2011, 10:51:09 AM »
I don't really understand why folks feel the need to go off on others, either on 200 or in private.  It was always my fault when I died, either because I allowed my SA to break down, or I stayed in too long and was overwhelmed, or I just wasn't good enough to beat that guy 1v1.  Learn from it, appreciate the opportunity, and move on.  It's a lot less stressful than blaming others for not flying exactly the way I think they should.

+1  :aok
" I personally led the attack to A1" - Pipz