Author Topic: Is the vote over yet?  (Read 3562 times)

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
Is the vote over yet?
« on: October 24, 2011, 06:59:15 AM »
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Is the vote over yet?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 07:07:36 AM »
Anything but the ME410 and I'll be cheering  :x

*fingers crossed*
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 08:40:12 AM »
-1 to the Meteor

edit: The Beaufighter will pwn you

:D
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 08:57:32 AM by B4Buster »
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 08:42:02 AM »
Chill, Winston.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Nurminen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 12:23:45 PM »

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 12:38:25 PM »
I have to say I just don't understand the desire to get the latest and greatest 1945 planes added to the game.  It sort of baffles me that when we are missing some major combatants that saw service through a good chunk of the war, in some cases with multiple countries and multiple theaters of operation that we instead people are clamoring for another 1945 perk plane.

I just don't understand it, maybe I'm just getting old and grumpy before my time.

80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 12:47:00 PM »
I have to say I just don't understand the desire to get the latest and greatest 1945 planes added to the game.  It sort of baffles me that when we are missing some major combatants that saw service through a good chunk of the war, in some cases with multiple countries and multiple theaters of operation that we instead people are clamoring for another 1945 perk plane.

I just don't understand it, maybe I'm just getting old and grumpy before my time.

I %100 agree with you.  IMO, HTC should just start adding the obvious aircraft that are missing from the plane set.  The He111 is probably the most glaring.  The Pe-2, Tu-2, Beaufighter, Ki-43, Wellington, Halifax, MiG3, D520, and a number of others were made in significant numbers, made long and meaningful contributions to the war, and are sadly missed during scenarios. 

As along as HTC allows the players to pick and choose, the more popular "flash-bang" aircraft are going to win the pollz.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 12:56:13 PM »

Sex
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 12:56:30 PM »
As along as HTC allows the players to pick and choose, the more popular "flash-bang" aircraft are going to win the pollz.

Yup.  In the minds of a lot of gamers, the only reason to add something new to a game is if it performs better than what's already available.  That's why you see so many people wanting the late war biggest and best stuff like the B29, or the model of something we already have that has ZOMG 4x20mm.

Someone in one of these threads did have a point though.  They put the meteor on the list so they obviously feel it deserves to be included in the game.  Either that, or they're wanting to put it in so people stop clamoring for it.  It's why I would do it, same with the B29.  Just to get people to quit asking for it. ;)  Hmm... now that I think about it... same with the M-18...

:noid

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 01:07:32 PM »
They need to make the masses happy and just introduce a poll like this.

Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 01:27:17 PM »
They need to make the masses happy and just introduce a poll like this.

(Image removed from quote.)
:rofl :rofl :rofl
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2011, 01:41:54 PM »
the Meteor never saw real combat in WW2, why should it be added?
There are a lot of Airplanes like the Ki43, Ju 52 HE111 Beaufighter which would give scenario and arena action a great add on value

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2011, 02:07:51 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWILhrSzw5o&feature=related

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2011, 02:19:22 PM »
In case you haven't noticed.......this is a first person shooter using WWII aircraft and vehicles.

No history at all involved in the MA.  Same as Quake or Doom .......they just have different weapons.

I don't know any other way to explain it.  This is by no means a WWII Combat Simulation unless one

flies Scenarios.........which btw has to substitute vehicles and aircraft for the ones we don't have.

Sorta like ordering at a Chinese restaurant.....you can substitute one from column A for column B.

Sims involve immersion.  Immersion involves simulated realism.  Historically speaking that isn't here.
This isn't a historical based flightsim.  To each his own.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2011, 02:32:31 PM »
In case you haven't noticed.......this is a first person shooter using WWII aircraft and vehicles.
No history at all involved in the MA.  Same as Quake or Doom .......they just have different weapons.
I don't know any other way to explain it.  This is by no means a WWII Combat Simulation unless one
flies Scenarios.........which btw has to substitute vehicles and aircraft for the ones we don't have.
Sorta like ordering at a Chinese restaurant.....you can substitute one from column A for column B.
Sims involve immersion.  Immersion involves simulated realism.  Historically speaking that isn't here.
This isn't a historical based flightsim.  To each his own.

Wrong.  From the Aces High (hitechcreations.com) home page:

"Aces High takes the art and science of vintage WW1 and WW2 air combat and sets it in a high intensity online multiplayer environment.

High fidelity flight simulation is the heart of Aces High..."

The Meteor did not engage in WW2 air combat.  It does not belong in this sim.
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.