Author Topic: Yak 3.  (Read 5276 times)

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
Re: Yak 3.
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2011, 04:58:31 AM »
Its only my personal opinion. Would be happy getting it tho.
Btw for Krusty: i get any jak in 2 turns in my g6. They turn noticably worse than the 109. The jak3 was a bit different in this role.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 05:00:50 AM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline Kazan_HB

• Skinner Team
  • Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2011, 05:37:04 AM »
One thing against the Jak.
Its russian and the russki kommunists ruined my country, killed my greatfather, and brought the other one to the gulag for 10 years.

Btw. is it just me or it really looks like an la with a piston engine?

Germany with the Russians and Slovakia. Attacked my country in 1939

England and the USA, they have betrayed their allies at Yalta in 1945 ...
well! from today ...
Fly only Italian fighters   :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:  :bolt:
The Few
Since Tour 93

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2011, 08:02:26 AM »
I don't think it will ever be a "common" plane to see, but I'm sure the Yak's usage will jump up some once it is updated (Yak-3 or not).
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2011, 08:25:04 AM »
I am thinking it is going to be a low eny plane based off of performance and war record. Looks like 5 to 10 for me.
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: October 28, 2011, 09:19:38 AM »
According to some on the 410 thread the 410 also carried a yak3 as armament lol
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2011, 09:21:23 AM »
I am thinking it is going to be a low eny plane based off of performance and war record. Looks like 5 to 10 for me.

I concur Dirt.  It will definitely be a contender in the LW main as far as performance goes.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2011, 09:53:13 AM »
please tell me if that is an actual WW2 skin :pray :pray :pray

Sorry its not............  those colours were were out of use (on Yaks)  by late 43. So you would find them on Yak9T's, Yak9D's, Yak1's and Yak7's

This however...............

or this

Would be more accurate IMO.

The nose spinner depicts the colours latterly chosen by the Normandie Niemen. The Lightening strike denotes that the ac flew as part of 303IAD. It was 303IAD that mostly controlled the skies above "The Battle" Operation Bagration and the subsequent capture of the Niemen between Minsk and the Baltic.

Bagration brought about the complete and utter collapse of the Whermachts Army Group Central and occurred about the same time that a (by comparison) minor incursion was made by Western Allies into Normandy.
Ludere Vincere

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2011, 10:26:09 AM »

:rofl :lol :aok

Priceless!

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2011, 10:30:20 AM »
this part makes perfect sense!
   Check the position and altitude control valve gasoline. Altitude control lever must be in a position fully to himself, petrol tap lever in a position completely on my own.

:rofl :rofl

my personal favorite "give the command "from the screw," and received the answer "There is the propeller""
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2011, 02:30:01 PM »
Did anyone notice how the russians center the gunsight?

Gunsight Centering Mark on Prop.

Anyone ever seen pictures of russian fighters with a mark on the back of the prop that didn't really make sense? Be interesting to see that. Possibly an historic art feature Waffel could use for our russian fighters.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2011, 02:34:08 PM »

LMAO!!  :rofl
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2011, 03:20:01 PM »
Sorry its not............  those colours were were out of use (on Yaks)  by late 43. So you would find them on Yak9T's, Yak9D's, Yak1's and Yak7's

This however...............

(Image removed from quote.)

or this

(Image removed from quote.)

Would be more accurate IMO.

The nose spinner depicts the colours latterly chosen by the Normandie Niemen. The Lightening strike denotes that the ac flew as part of 303IAD. It was 303IAD that mostly controlled the skies above "The Battle" Operation Bagration and the subsequent capture of the Niemen between Minsk and the Baltic.

Bagration brought about the complete and utter collapse of the Whermachts Army Group Central and occurred about the same time that a (by comparison) minor incursion was made by Western Allies into Normandy.
Nice Tilt. You doing the new yak skins if we get it?   :pray
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2011, 05:17:50 PM »
Nice Tilt. You doing the new yak skins if we get it?   :pray

LOL Greebo already has the pallet off pat with the La5FN................
Ludere Vincere

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2011, 05:39:36 PM »
I concur Dirt.  It will definitely be a contender in the LW main as far as performance goes.

No more so than the Yak-9, and they aren't too common. IMO, its mostly because the Yak doesn't offer extermes of preformance in any one area.

It can do a bit of everything with reasonable preformance, but that leaves it vulnerable to any plane on the extreme end of the spectrum.

109K and 190D will BnZ/slash attack this thing to death, or will try to entice him into a looping match, which they know they have an edge in.

Spits and Niki's will out turn it, and tear it to shreads.

P-47's and P-51's will dive on it from 10k.

IMO, its vulnerable to extremes in preformance, which is why it is relativly rare. The same can be said of the C205, the La-5, etc. Both are deadly aircraft when they get even 1/2 a chance, but they don't usually see that chance against an equal opponent in a high preformance aircraft.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2011, 05:49:36 PM »
I voted for the Yak

The Yakovlev Yak-3 (Russian: Як-3)

Yakety yak (don't talk back)

The Yakovlev Yak-3 (Russian language: Як-3) was a World War II Soviet fighter aircraft. Robust and easy to maintain,

it was much liked by pilots and ground crew alike.[1] It was one of the smallest and lightest major combat fighters fielded by

any combatant during the war, and its high power-to-weight ratio gave it excellent performance.[2] It proved a formidable

dogfighter. Marcel Albert, the official top-scoring World War II French ace, who flew the Yak in USSR with the Normandie-Niémen Group,

considered it a superior aircraft to the P-51D Mustang and the Supermarine Spitfire.

from Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yakovlev_Yak-3

:aok
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)