Author Topic: R/C Enthusiasts  (Read 2171 times)

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: R/C Enthusiasts
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2011, 07:50:46 PM »
You've obviously never been around a nitro or gas RC plane if you don't think they get covered in oily gunk.

Other then that...  Tongue in cheek bud, look it up.  You take things too seriously and need to lighten the hell up.
oil? pssh, thats nothing, try cleaning mud out of every nook and cranny of the car! let me tell you now, it is not fun when you forget to do it and have to chip it all off with a screw driver.
im not being that serious, im just pointing out everything required to keep an RC car up and running. i just dont like when people bash my thing because they spent some more cash on their hobby.

also, heres what im talking about when i say an RC tank
http://www.amazon.com/Radio-controlled-24th-Scale-Tiger/dp/B002V2KD9I/ref=sr_1_24?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1319762860&sr=1-24
definately asking for that either this x-mas or birthday.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2011, 07:55:08 PM »
oil? pssh, thats nothing, try cleaning mud out of every nook and cranny of the car! let me tell you now, it is not fun when you forget to do it and have to chip it all off with a screw driver.
im not being that serious, im just pointing out everything required to keep an RC car up and running. i just dont like when people bash my thing because they spent some more cash on their hobby.

also, heres what im talking about when i say an RC tank
http://www.amazon.com/Radio-controlled-24th-Scale-Tiger/dp/B002V2KD9I/ref=sr_1_24?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1319762860&sr=1-24
definately asking for that either this x-mas or birthday.

Not RC, but this is waaaaaaaay cooler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlUbZhsxcWI

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2011, 07:58:36 PM »
Not RC, but this is waaaaaaaay cooler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlUbZhsxcWI
what drove that man to build such a thing? if hes going to make one that big, at least make it so it can shoot! :lol

pretty cool thing though, must have costed somewhere near 10-11 thousand bucks just looking at it.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2011, 07:59:25 PM »
what drove that man to build such a thing? if hes going to make one that big, at least make it so it can shoot! :lol

pretty cool thing though, must have costed somewhere near 10-11 thousand bucks just looking at it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j74Vco5gkpg&feature=relmfu

This thing is so awesome!  Unfortunately I have two daughters, so I have to wait for a grandson to have an excuse to build something like this.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2011, 08:00:31 PM »
The truth is, cars dont take any real skill or intensity. Planes do. Invest 50 dollars or 1000 dollars, cars will still be boring cuz anyone can do it. But a 90 dollar micro Aeronca can be exciting and exhilerating.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 08:20:19 PM by perdue3 »
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2011, 08:01:15 PM »
The truth is, cars dont take any real skill or intensity. Planes do. Invest 50 dollars or 100o dollars, cars will still be boring cuz anyone can do it. But a 90 dollar micro Aeronca can be as exciting and exhilerating.

Amen and I agree 100%

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2011, 08:01:46 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j74Vco5gkpg&feature=relmfu

This thing is so awesome!  Unfortunately I have two daughters, so I have to wait for a grandson to have an excuse to build something like this.
well, when i meant shoot i kind of meant at things and destroying them. :lol but hey, it shoots something at least.

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2011, 08:03:37 PM »
The truth is, cars dont take any real skill or intensity. Planes do. Invest 50 dollars or 100o dollars, cars will still be boring cuz anyone can do it. But a 90 dollar micro Aeronca can be as exciting and exhilerating.
do planes have working guns? a RC tank (if you get the right one like a german leopard-2) will shoot smoke/BB rounds. great for bunny hunting i guess?

Offline Sol75

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2011, 08:10:39 PM »
I know a guy who mounted the guts out of a couple full auto airsoft guns in the wings of his giant scale P-47...
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P Secret Association of P-38 Pile-its
In-Game as Castiel
Recently Touched By The Noodle! ALL HAIL THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!
Pastafarian for life

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2011, 08:11:44 PM »
I know a guy who mounted the guts out of a couple full auto airsoft guns in the wings of his giant scale P-47...
got any RC planes that come with guns on it in the package?

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2011, 08:12:38 PM »

When I was in college, I launched bottle rockets like well...  rockets from my Sig Kadet Mk2.  It's really easy to rig up.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Sol75

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2011, 08:18:43 PM »
Most RC Planes dont come as a "package"
For instance, my F-104 came as a fiberglass molded fuselage, plywood formers, foam core wings, with sheeting.  Once it was all built up I had to fiberglass the whole thing, then sand, sand and sand some more, then sand again, then do some more sanding, then prime and paint it.  Then had to install all of the equipment, including engine, retractable gear, gear doors, pneumatic lines and tanks for the gear, brakes, radio/electronics, and telemetry system... In addition I cabled and installed scale nav lights on it.  So saying something is in the "package" in the RC air world, is a totally different animal than in the car world.  And THIS is from a kit based plane, not to mention the scratch builders, who start with drawings and build from there!

Dave:  I have launched estes rokets off of my TREX 700 heli, which is in a scale apache fuselage :) quite entertaining.

M
80th FS "Headhunters"

In-Game as Castiel
Pastafarian for life

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2011, 08:19:05 PM »
i used to have a 350$ R/C car that went about 40KM/H with a supercharger and R/C dragracing tires. it was electrical, thats a good thing, but it took somewhere around 10 hours to charge up fully. :lol

how do you have a supercharger on a electrical car?
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2011, 08:22:50 PM »
My uncle scratch built a Luscombe 8E 1/4 scale. Hasn't had its maiden yet but Sunday is looking likely to be the day. Drew it from the factory 3-views.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Sol75

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2011, 08:23:07 PM »
how do you have a supercharger on a electrical car?

LOL was wondering that myself..
80th FS "Headhunters"

In-Game as Castiel
Pastafarian for life