Author Topic: 109 damge Q  (Read 1214 times)

Offline STEELE

• Nickel Member
Re: 109 damge Q
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2011, 05:46:33 PM »
I want my two radiators modeled in the 109, for the spits too.  :neener:
Sure! put em in anything that had em.  Then cut WEP use when 1 side of the system is hit.
The Kanonenvogel had 6 rounds per pod, this is not even close to being open for debate.

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2011, 05:50:38 PM »
Sure! put em in anything that had em.  Then cut WEP use when 1 side of the system is hit.

Yes, limit engine output on one radiator, maybe anything over 50% throttle and your engine starts to heat up.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2011, 06:17:23 PM »
Sounds like a good system. And wouldn't be impossible to model or anything, given that we have multiple fuel tanks in planes that had them.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2011, 07:09:16 PM »
Is that "damage box" made to actually absorb fire or is it just there for the airflow?

I'm thinking it's probably for the airflow.  :headscratch:

The "damage box" is the invisible area in the game-model that registers damage to the radiator. These damage "sensors" registers a hit when a virtual "projectile" intersects with it. They are usually modeled as boxes or other simple geometric shapes. The box in the drawing is the actual radiator.
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline Owlblink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2011, 05:59:40 PM »
Sounds like a good system. And wouldn't be impossible to model or anything, given that we have multiple fuel tanks in planes that had them.

I concur!
Just for the sake of making future modeled planes a bit more realistic. I dont think we need ultra engine manigment realism, that would probably take away from the game, but maybe a self adjusting radiator system for when one is blown, and a reduced throttle rule; or risk the same engine blowout that happens now if you keep it at full power for too long.
Kommando Nowotny FSO
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2011, 07:02:44 AM »
Again, not complaining - its just the way it is but -

I think both radiators are there for damage purposes because just last night I took a .50 in the right wing - radiator, same night, different situation, a .50 in the left wing - radiator. 

is it possible that both sides would register a radiator hit but with no redundancy from the other wing?

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2011, 03:19:19 PM »
Yes that's exactly how it is. Having multiple radiators is a liability in AH rather than an advantage.
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2011, 06:39:08 PM »
oh. . . ouch

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO