Author Topic: AVA TOP 50 PILOTS *Tour 115*  (Read 3022 times)

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
Re: AVA TOP 50 PILOTS *Tour 115*
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2011, 08:05:49 AM »
I made it on the list and I dont land very many kills nor do I fly in AvA often.
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2011, 09:09:36 AM »
I made it on the list and I dont land very many kills nor do I fly in AvA often.

the only reason it agitates me, is because scores can be manipulated too easily. i was screwing off, and did just this in mw last tour. i got myself down into the top 100, with very few flights. hell.....i never even kilt anything in a gv, and that helped my score, simply due to the fact that i shot at some things in it.
 posting scores will draw people that care about scores, and people that care about scores generally do whatever it takes to keep their score good. i dfon't mean this to be offensive to anyone, so i truly hope no one takes offense to it.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2011, 09:54:59 AM »
Heck cap no offence taken. We thought the same thing would happen.. Guys I hear you and  there was most defiantly concern. We Assumed the same would occur but took a chance..

The fact is in the SEVERAL months that we have been posting the Stats/tour results there has been none of the score whoring many assumed would occur .. If it had created an issue we would not have continued..

FORTUNALY it seems folks who fly in the AVA put "The fight" Before the score...  I do that's why I don't land those kills.. :D Heck Ill turn back into 4 fighters with  4 scalps for the trill of it..

Those that don't usually catch on pretty quickly,via VOX or text buffer.. that shouldershooting 12 clearing and  excessive running are frowned upon. We rarely see this type of behavior..

All we are doing is posting an already existing tour result that can be used well beyond a score card,but rater as a tool... Co's can look at them for recruiting purposes or nerds like me can see what they may need to improve on... such as Hit% etc..

Heck there is so much more going on in the AVA than this stat suff post lets focus and shed some positive light on the great set ups running this week and next.  :)

« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 11:57:31 AM by Nr_RaVeN »
Life is short. PLAY HARD...

"Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy."
Saadi

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2011, 10:02:31 AM »
Heck cap no offence we thought the same thing would happen.. Guys I hear you and  there was most defiantly concern. We Assumed the same would occur but took a chance..

The fact is in the SEVERAL months that we have been posting the Stats/tour results there has been none of the score whoring many assumed would occur .. If it had created an issue we would not have continued..

FORTUNALY it seems folks who fly in the AVA put "The fight" Before the score...  I do that's why I don't land those kills.. :D Heck Ill turn back into 4 fighters with  4 scalps for the trill of it..

Those that don't usually catch on pretty quickly,via VOX or text buffer.. that shouldershooting 12 clearing and  excessive running are frowned upon. We rarely see this type of behavior..

All we are doing is posting an already existing tour result that can be used well bond a score card,but rater as a tool... Co's can look at them for recruiting purposes or nerds like me can see what they may need to improve on... such as Hit% etc..

Heck there is so much more going on in the AVA than this stat suff post lets focus and shed some positive light on the great set ups running this week and next.  :)

THere is only one time i ever worry about landing kills. well....two times.

1) when i've been kilt so dam many times, i sometimes need a quick ego boost. landing even a single kill sometimes does that for me.  :devil
2) when i'm flying bombers. i dunno what it is, but for some reason, i like to land them.

that said...only reason i've not tried it so far this month, is due to the fact that i've not had the time to log in.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2011, 10:11:54 AM »
I don't see how just posting the top 50 scores will have an impact on the way people fly in the AvA.  Anybody who places any worth on thier score is going to know how to look it up anyway, and its not like a bunch of people are posting on this thread about how they are ranked better than so-n-so or bragging in the arena about thier rank. To tell the truth I am hearing more moaning coming from people complaining about the rank/scores being posted, compaired to anybody who is happy about it. So imho I wouldn't be too worried about score manipulation or score whoring in the AvA, I'd be more worried about the negative attitude towards other pilots caused by the "anti-score" crowd scaring off new comers to the AvA.

my $.02
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2011, 11:09:01 AM »
I don't see how just posting the top 50 scores will have an impact on the way people fly in the AvA.

I've only observed one person whose behavior appears to be affected by score position.  Otherwise I agree that people aren't flying any differently.

- oldman

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2011, 11:41:26 AM »
THere is only one time i ever worry about landing kills. well....two times.

1) when i've been kilt so dam many times, i sometimes need a quick ego boost. landing even a single kill sometimes does that for me.  :devil
2) when i'm flying bombers. i dunno what it is, but for some reason, i like to land them.

that said...only reason i've not tried it so far this month, is due to the fact that i've not had the time to log in.

Or when ya had a Crazy8s Scalp Cap!! when the heck ya coming back to fly I been trying to pop in AvA on thursday nights
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-
               Wait n Bleed

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2011, 11:43:31 AM »
If there's no score apparent whoring going on and scores don't appear to matter, why waste the time involved posting them?   :salute

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2011, 11:46:04 AM »
Heck cap no offence we thought the same thing would happen.. Guys I hear you and  there was most defiantly concern. We Assumed the same would occur but took a chance..

FORTUNALY it seems folks who fly in the AVA put "The fight" Before the score...  I do that's why I don't land those kills.. :D Heck Ill turn back into 4 fighters with  4 scalps for the trill of it..

Those that don't usually catch on pretty quickly,via VOX or text buffer.. that shouldershooting 12 clearing and  excessive running are frowned upon. We rarely see this type of behavior..

All we are doing is posting an already existing tour result that can be used well bond a score card,but rater as a tool... Co's can look at them for recruiting purposes or nerds like me can see what they may need to improve on... such as Hit% etc..

Heck there is so much more going on in the AVA than this stat suff post lets focus and shed some positive light on the great set ups running this week and next.  :)

I think this part of ravens post answers your question puma
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline Jappa52

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2011, 11:54:02 AM »
Yes, let us encourage more B&Z, more exaggerated "extending" when you screw up and get defensive, more focus on getting your name in the lights rather than good fights.
ATTAQUEZET CONQUEREZ
8TH FIGHTER GROUP

Jappa52- 36th FIGHTER SQ Flying Fiends

Offline RTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2011, 12:04:34 PM »
I will fly for score. Its the newest thing!

cool daddy-o

RTR
The Damned

Offline Jappa52

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2011, 12:59:13 PM »
What a novel idea. From now on I will only engage as they just lift and wheels up. Low and slow is how I like them... Mind you I will stick to my one pass and haul arse method, returning to the fight only after I regain my alt and advantage. If the enemy proves to be capable of defeating my offensive method and begins to diminish my advantage I will extend in the direction of home. Claiming bingo fuel will protect my manly retreat from those who attempt to tarnish my actions. As I land my two kills (proxy x2) I will laugh at those who attempt to attack my obvious superior knowledge and flawless execution of advanced ACM. 

CHECK SIX GRAPES   ;)
ATTAQUEZET CONQUEREZ
8TH FIGHTER GROUP

Jappa52- 36th FIGHTER SQ Flying Fiends

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2011, 01:17:02 PM »
Guys what your saying doesn't happen in the arena your not being productive.. We have been posting this for many months without the side effects your speaking about.

your postings serve only to unfairly shed a bad light on the arena they are not based in fact but rather assumptions. Based what your stats are showing, neither of you guys are spending any significant time in the arena.. so Its understandable your would be out of the loop..

Perhaps less time on the BBS and more time in the arena my shed some light on how off base you are..
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 01:18:48 PM by Nr_RaVeN »
Life is short. PLAY HARD...

"Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy."
Saadi

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2011, 01:30:09 PM »
What a novel idea. From now on I will only engage as they just lift and wheels up. Low and slow is how I like them... Mind you I will stick to my one pass and haul arse method, returning to the fight only after I regain my alt and advantage. If the enemy proves to be capable of defeating my offensive method and begins to diminish my advantage I will extend in the direction of home. Claiming bingo fuel will protect my manly retreat from those who attempt to tarnish my actions. As I land my two kills (proxy x2) I will laugh at those who attempt to attack my obvious superior knowledge and flawless execution of advanced ACM. 

CHECK SIX GRAPES   ;)

i like em in leather, nice heels, and bound up nicely, so i can have some fun with em....... :noid :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2011, 01:30:53 PM »

Or when ya had a Crazy8s Scalp Cap!! when the heck ya coming back to fly I been trying to pop in AvA on thursday nights

i keep trying, but the timelords are conspiring against me.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"