Author Topic: Spotlight on Spying  (Read 4136 times)

Offline noTch

• Silver Member
      • JV44 Butcher Birds
Spotlight on Spying
« on: November 05, 2011, 10:51:11 AM »
I would like to call out a couple of individuals I caught spying in Mid War arena today. It seems that LtPappy, of the(*)~FlYiNg~FuRY~(*), actually changed sides to drive a CV of a fallen port.  Now when asked what his intentions were he logged out.  Later a fellow (*)~FlYiNg~FuRY~(*) squadmate, Tigercat, coincidentally flew to the coordinates of the CV's path. Again when Tigercat's Lancasters were dispatched, a pm was sent to him & he logged out.  I can not testify to the actual correspondence between LtPappy & Tigercat, but I can give  testimony to the fact that LtPappy did change from Bishop to Knight. I also believe he did, in fact, change the course of CV33 from a 100mi NE track to a SE track.

I posted this not as a tattletale, rather as a light on the rampant spying that is going on in some arenas.  I know it seems cute and harmless in a game & it is. It's a flippin game. But let's examine the whole 'sitting across the table from the other guy'.  Is this how your Momma taught you guys to play with others? Honestly, how many of you guys would have stood up and punched these guys if you were face to face?  I have a solution for these two guys, if that is the way you wanna play this game, do it in offline missions.  It is not cute, it is not how it was done in WWII and it will not be tolerated by the masses in Aces High  :devil

If you have the brass to answer, which I hope you do, don't be lame and deny what you did :bhead  Put on your big boy pants and take ownership of your lameness.  While you are at it try not to ever do it again :ahand

Now before we go off on a rant about same squaddies changing sides to give the good fight, that is not what happened here. 

ps.  not sure how film would help as it would not show the roster or the squad affiliation.
AHXARL Lead Campaign Manager/2012-?

My new favorite clip--->http://youtu.be/_2Nn4wAVNOg

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
Re: Spotlight on Spying
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 10:54:31 AM »
isnt that how we found out about the japanese attack at midway? hmm i didnt know spying was such a bad thing in WW2.
"Cry Havoc, And Let Slip The Dogs Of War" Julius Caesar

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 10:58:08 AM »
zOMG Spiz!!!!!  :noid
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline noTch

• Silver Member
      • JV44 Butcher Birds
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 11:01:15 AM »
isnt that how we found out about the japanese attack at midway? hmm i didnt know spying was such a bad thing in WW2.
I knew it might turn into this but was hoping it would be maybe a few more rational posts later. Anyway, you are right  WWII is full of many spy moments, but really, in a video game. If you ask me, it borders on cheating. That ain't cool.  If you are condoning what these guys did, please let us know.  :bolt:
AHXARL Lead Campaign Manager/2012-?

My new favorite clip--->http://youtu.be/_2Nn4wAVNOg

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 11:02:28 AM »

Yes...  we switched sides, jumped into the Japanese carriers and sailed them straight to Midway so we could sink them.   :rofl
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 11:07:27 AM »
Yes...  we switched sides, jumped into the Japanese carriers and sailed them straight to Midway so we could sink them.   :rofl

^^^^ This.

Score whoring is lame.
See Rule #4

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 11:22:59 AM »
I knew it might turn into this but was hoping it would be maybe a few more rational posts later. Anyway, you are right  WWII is full of many spy moments, but really, in a video game. If you ask me, it borders on cheating. That ain't cool.  If you are condoning what these guys did, please let us know.  :bolt:

i dont care if you're spying to gather information. i do admit he did cross the line by sailing a CV towards the enemy just to have it sunk. but spying on the other team to gather information, that i dont care about. if he had just told his squadie where it was then its ok.

its not like your going to get everyone to stop doing this even if its just a game. people are going to do things to win. cheating is all apart of gaming itself.

to be honest, i dont understand why you guys get worked up about it so much! if its just a game then why care what others do?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 11:25:13 AM by fullmetalbullet »
"Cry Havoc, And Let Slip The Dogs Of War" Julius Caesar

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2011, 11:31:19 AM »
cheating is all apart of gaming itself.

That's a really remarkable statement.

- oldman

Offline xxIENAxx

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2011, 11:36:13 AM »

That's a really remarkable statement.

- oldman
+1000

IENA

367th "Dynamite Gang"
In game name IENA since Tour 59

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2011, 12:14:12 PM »
Please?
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2011, 12:15:30 PM »
i dont care if you're spying to gather information. i do admit he did cross the line by sailing a CV towards the enemy just to have it sunk. but spying on the other team to gather information, that i dont care about. if he had just told his squadie where it was then its ok.

its not like your going to get everyone to stop doing this even if its just a game. people are going to do things to win. cheating is all apart of gaming itself.

to be honest, i dont understand why you guys get worked up about it so much! if its just a game then why care what others do?

WOW!

Yes it's a game, but cheating of any kind is not allowed. I know of a couple people who reported where a CV was on 200 and was muted for weeks because of it. Had the OP filmed it HTC could have taken care of it if they wished.

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2011, 12:18:52 PM »
IN!

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2011, 12:22:52 PM »
cheating is all apart of gaming itself.

Oh, what the hell, I guess I'll chime in.

Try cheating at something LESS ANONYMOUS and see what happens, online gamer-boy. :rolleyes:
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2011, 12:30:54 PM »
Look at the squadron in question and you'll understand the reason why they do what they do in MW.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2011, 12:34:04 PM »
I have to say...  MW is a live fire training arena, don't get too bent out of shape out of what people do in there.  They're there doing it for a reason...  :joystick:
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"