Author Topic: Spotlight on Spying  (Read 4083 times)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Spotlight on Spying
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2011, 01:44:20 PM »
 :salute and thank you to the Allied spies that helped prevent the Axis from winning the war.

:old: The risks were enormous and the benefits immeasurable.

and now back to the game... spies.  :huh :uhoh
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 01:50:02 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2011, 01:48:30 PM »
The Midway plans were uncovered by code breakers, not spies.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline noTch

• Silver Member
      • JV44 Butcher Birds
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2011, 02:06:11 PM »
I said it in a pm to a friend & I'll say it here. This post is not a statement about spying for a greater good. This is a "turn the light on in the kitchen to make the cockroaches scatter" post.  You wanna pay $15 a month to spy, so be it. Heck have a good time with it. But DANG :x, be the best spy you can be & don't get caught :neener:  I personally hope you choke on the success of spying in a video game, get bored and go do something else so the rest of us can enjoy the game fairly :cheers:
AHXARL Lead Campaign Manager/2012-?

My new favorite clip--->http://youtu.be/_2Nn4wAVNOg

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2011, 02:39:02 PM »
isnt that how we found out about the japanese attack at midway? hmm i didnt know spying was such a bad thing in WW2.

We have no way to retaliate against spys in here. In real life, spys were often times shot, or put in POW camps, and we can do neither of those here.

Right now, the absolute WORST thing that can happen to a spy is being ineffective because people know you're spying. Asside from that, you stand to lose nothing but you're reputation, which is a VERY weak hold for most people.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline DaHand

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2011, 02:39:13 PM »
why is it spying?  maybe they just want a change of pace?  i'm currently not playing but when i was it was simply a question of perk bonus   :headscratch:

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2011, 02:46:49 PM »
As a staff member of AHII you know how this should be dealt with.

This is not it.

Offline SWrokit

• Nickel Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com/index.php
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2011, 02:57:29 PM »
LOL, I'm IN on this one!

<S>
Rokit
SWrokit; CO~125th Spartans

RIP.......SWfire, SWmac, GMC, SWonyx

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2011, 03:23:32 PM »
Look at the squadron in question and you'll understand the reason why they do what they do in MW.

ack-ack

Agreed, it's extremely timid and lame, giving the squad in question - the average age must be under 18.
JG 52

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2011, 03:59:04 PM »
It's actually an interesting part of the game, that people do spy.  Just as there were spys in WWI and WWII.   The problem in AH is that people can spy with little or no punishment.  Unlike their counter parts in WWII that were executed when caught and many were caught. 

German spys that came ashore on Long Island, NY,  once found, were executed in the electric chair.  The Germen solders that dressed as GI's at the battle of the bulge were shot along the roadside when captured.

We have no G2 or MP units responsible for fretting out a spy, we don’t use codes or have code breakers from S2.  But if a spy could be positively identified, perhaps that Game ID, could be executed.  The Player could create another ID, and start anew.  0 perks. But the old spy id would be gone, dead, no more.

Perhaps a new element to the game.   A person could chose to become a spy and go ashore in a strange land, with equipment to allow them to spy and provide back information, via a code and if found or located, could be killed.

Of course that works for people that are honest players of a game and not plain ordinary cheaters.  Which is what I think the world of AH is faced with.  People that think rules of fare play do not apply to them and there is nothing that can really be done about that.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2011, 05:05:40 PM »

The Germen solders that dressed as GI's at the battle of the bulge were shot along the roadside when captured.

+1
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2011, 05:19:06 PM »
It's actually an interesting part of the game, that people do spy.  Just as there were spys in WWI and WWII.   The problem in AH is that people can spy with little or no punishment.  Unlike their counter parts in WWII that were executed when caught and many were caught. 

German spys that came ashore on Long Island, NY,  once found, were executed in the electric chair.  The Germen solders that dressed as GI's at the battle of the bulge were shot along the roadside when captured.

We have no G2 or MP units responsible for fretting out a spy, we don’t use codes or have code breakers from S2.  But if a spy could be positively identified, perhaps that Game ID, could be executed.  The Player could create another ID, and start anew.  0 perks. But the old spy id would be gone, dead, no more.

Perhaps a new element to the game.   A person could chose to become a spy and go ashore in a strange land, with equipment to allow them to spy and provide back information, via a code and if found or located, could be killed.

Of course that works for people that are honest players of a game and not plain ordinary cheaters.  Which is what I think the world of AH is faced with.  People that think rules of fare play do not apply to them and there is nothing that can really be done about that.

+1  You spy, you're caught, you get shot, you lose your id and perkies.

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2011, 05:43:35 PM »
No, I think he means like you drive a jeep ashore, and if anyone notices you're not legit, and kills you, then you lose your game ID and perks.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2011, 05:48:15 PM »
were they perk farming?
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2011, 05:51:19 PM »
Sorry, but if they log off when confronted about spying, they're pretty obviously spying.

Do you imediatly log off when someone asks YOU if you're spying while on a visit to another country?

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2011, 06:09:57 PM »
As a staff member of AHII you know how this should be dealt with.

This is not it.
:lol +1
Lighten up Francis