Author Topic: Spotlight on Spying  (Read 4114 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Spotlight on Spying
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2011, 06:18:16 PM »
Look at the squadron in question and you'll understand the reason why they do what they do in MW.

ack-ack

^^^ This
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2011, 06:30:14 PM »
were they perk farming?

Pretty much this, however they were doing it extremely timidly.
JG 52

Offline whopper2

• Zinc Member
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2011, 07:53:38 PM »
Also no different than the nit squad in LW that has some multiple accounts and watches the missions (etc.) plan and up and then gets on Skype as squad channel (they wouldn't want any wittnesses, of course) and decimates the formations and has some good laughs doing it.

Ahh well, their $15.  I'm sure they are having a ball.

GONE

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2011, 07:58:39 PM »
I would like to call out a couple of individuals I caught spying in Mid War arena today. It seems that LtPappy, of the(*)~FlYiNg~FuRY~(*), actually changed sides to drive a CV of a fallen port.  Now when asked what his intentions were he logged out.  Later a fellow (*)~FlYiNg~FuRY~(*) squadmate, Tigercat, coincidentally flew to the coordinates of the CV's path. Again when Tigercat's Lancasters were dispatched, a pm was sent to him & he logged out.  I can not testify to the actual correspondence between LtPappy & Tigercat, but I can give  testimony to the fact that LtPappy did change from Bishop to Knight. I also believe he did, in fact, change the course of CV33 from a 100mi NE track to a SE track.

I posted this not as a tattletale, rather as a light on the rampant spying that is going on in some arenas.  I know it seems cute and harmless in a game & it is. It's a flippin game. But let's examine the whole 'sitting across the table from the other guy'.  Is this how your Momma taught you guys to play with others? Honestly, how many of you guys would have stood up and punched these guys if you were face to face?  I have a solution for these two guys, if that is the way you wanna play this game, do it in offline missions.  It is not cute, it is not how it was done in WWII and it will not be tolerated by the masses in Aces High  :devil

If you have the brass to answer, which I hope you do, don't be lame and deny what you did :bhead  Put on your big boy pants and take ownership of your lameness.  While you are at it try not to ever do it again :ahand

Now before we go off on a rant about same squaddies changing sides to give the good fight, that is not what happened here. 

ps.  not sure how film would help as it would not show the roster or the squad affiliation.
This is not at all uncommon of the Flying Fairies.

Their concern is rolling bases, to get fields,to change the map, to get their 25 "won the war!" perks.

They have no way to get them otherwise.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2011, 11:43:08 PM »
cheating is all apart of gaming itself.

well nice to know what type of person you are, sad.  Cheaters are the lowest form in any game.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline DaHand

• Zinc Member
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2011, 11:45:42 PM »
What. Does "in" mean ?  Like the thread should be locked?

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2011, 12:43:50 AM »
Its an old old joke. I'm not entirely sure where it originated (Warbirds, Air Warrior, etc.), it it predates those games, or even if anyone knows where.

But the joke is that you got "in" the thread before its locked. many pictures out there on the internet with that joke.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2011, 03:47:26 AM »
Its an old old joke. I'm not entirely sure where it originated (Warbirds, Air Warrior, etc.), it it predates those games, or even if anyone knows where.

But the joke is that you got "in" the thread before its locked. many pictures out there on the internet with that joke.

It sure is a pretty hilarious joke

That's one of the reasons I keep coming back to this forum, so many witty posters with great senses of humour
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2011, 06:59:40 AM »
Ew and mw are only there to perk farm faster than in ma.   

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2011, 12:21:52 PM »
It's better than you think. This squad actually share each others login information so they can switch to a (currently) non-playing account to find CV's, persons, etc. without having to worry about the country change cooldown.

Here's where typing on the correct channel while trying to grief-track a player across the map all goes horribly wrong;

And here's where they decide that the first sentence of the ToS are not applicable to them

ToS
1.  Use of your Account is expressly limited to you.  Your Account may not be transferred to any other party, temporarily or permanently.
http://www.hitechcreations.com/HiTech-Creations/Policies/htc-toc.html
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2011, 12:40:15 PM »
It's better than you think. This squad actually share each others login information so they can switch to a (currently) non-playing account to find CV's, persons, etc. without having to worry about the country change cooldown.

Here's where typing on the correct channel while trying to grief-track a player across the map all goes horribly wrong;
(Image removed from quote.)

And here's where they decide that the first sentence of the ToS are not applicable to them

ToS
1.  Use of your Account is expressly limited to you.  Your Account may not be transferred to any other party, temporarily or permanently.

Wait... what?  :headscratch:

Oh my...  :uhoh
See Rule #4

Offline DaHand

• Zinc Member
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2011, 12:55:18 PM »
So how is that not a form of cheating, and why doesnt the staff do anything about it?

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2011, 01:00:05 PM »

ToS
That doesnt suprise me about TJ and Spectre.

Spectre is the bomb&bail of the group. Had him bail on me 3 times simply because i came within 6k of him.

And TJ can never fight a straight up 1v1 battle. If he doesnt have an advantage, he'll run until he finally does.

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2011, 01:12:50 PM »
Will there be a spy swap between rooks, knights and bish? Spying with a shade account...the most dangerous of games.  ;)
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2011, 01:20:27 PM »
Will there be a spy swap between rooks, knights and bish? Spying with a shade account...the most dangerous of games.  ;)

I say no swap!  Strip em of their perkies! :mad:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)