Author Topic: De-acking hurts  (Read 1332 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: De-acking hurts
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2011, 11:45:39 AM »
Assuming general safety from enemy air power, a 110G or a mossie do nicely. You can't bank on getting out unscathed, and that second engine and the beefed up firepower make a big difference.

Of course, I'd say the best tip to de-acking no matter what plane you fly is: DO IT WITH FRIENDS! Simply split up the defensive fire to multiple targets and it goes down faster.

The only reason to do it alone is if you're milk running an undefended field.  :noid

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2011, 11:48:03 AM »
Has anybody acquired the expertise to use the B25h big gun or the yak9t 37mm for ack killing with a bit more stand-off distance?

I've hit bombers at 2k out with the yak9t gun but haven't gotten good enough with it for deacking.

It's okay for deacking. You can do it. Not from outside the ack range, but still from further out. Like any other gunnery it takes practice to develop the right mental angles and estimations. One of the easier angles is straight down, so come in 3k, dive, fire 2 rounds, loop up, swing around, reposition. Takes a bit of time, but for me the reason I don't do that is because the P-39 is utterly wasted as ground attack. It is truly a fighter IMO and I want to use those spuds to see fiery round explosions emanating from enemy aircraft. It only has 30, so if I waste 20 deacking that's all the fewer rounds I can send down-range toward enemy fighters.

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2011, 08:21:01 PM »
I haven't had enough cockpit time in the f8, but those 12 rkts are hell on ack....as you say "stand-off" ishly. Accuracy of coarse isn't critical either.  :airplane:
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2011, 08:24:43 PM »
Love deacking in the F8. Always got complaints of "HAX!!!!" when I would make 4-5 passes and come out unscathed near enough  :lol.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2011, 08:35:09 PM »
Love deacking in the F8. Always got complaints of "HAX!!!!" when I would make 4-5 passes and come out unscathed near enough  :lol.
No one who spent any time shooting at a 190 from guns or flying one would scream "Hax". One of the hardest to hit from Manned ack and for that reason easier to de-ack. The only disadvantage the Jug has, is it's a BIG target(Cross-Section)....not a 38, but largest single engine easily.
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2011, 08:46:30 PM »
No, and thats why its funny. People assume that because their P-51 can't do the same thing, that I must be cheating, even if they easily kill me once my E has been bled on the deacking passes.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline ap1102

• Copper Member
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2011, 07:39:55 AM »
Can any one of you dispute the fact that EZRhino is the best de-acker in the game? I thought not.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 07:41:40 AM by ap1102 »