Author Topic: Lames  (Read 2556 times)

Offline DrJackyI

• Zinc Member
Lames
« on: November 16, 2011, 09:25:00 AM »
This is my first post and I hate to do it because since FA I have tried to stay away from these things.

Unfortunately though i must speak !!!!

Joach1m says that he is leaving the game because of gameplay. well after this morning when vDallas intentionally discoes himself for the second time that I encounter him in bombers, I totally understand where Joach1m is comming from.

Its ppl like Dallas and others that bomb then bail from flyable aircraft just so they can get back to base and roll instead of taking the time and risk to rtb normally, or get upset because a certain player is shooting them down and they dont want that player to record kills on them that HAVE and ARE ruining game play!!!!

Its just a game ppl, Play it the way that the designers intend, and stop the childish nonsense of trying to manipulate things to suit ur ego's.

~DS~ all
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 09:26:44 AM by DrJackyI »

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
Re: Lames
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 09:26:09 AM »
.s vdallas

once again shot down in the main arena.
JG 52

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 09:30:20 AM »
This is my first post and I hate to do it because since FA I have tried to stay away from these things.

Unfortunately though i must speak !!!!

Joach1m says that he is leaving the game because of gameplay. well after this morning when vDallas intentionally discoes himself for the second time that I encounter him in bombers, I totally understand where Joach1m is comming from.

Its ppl like Dallas and others that bomb then bail from flyable aircraft just so they can get back to base and roll instead of taking the time and risk to rtb normally, or get upset because a certain player is shooting them down and they dont want that player to record kills on them that HAVE and ARE ruining game play!!!!

Its just a game ppl, Play it the way that the designers intend, and stop the childish nonsense of trying to manipulate things to suit ur ego's.

~DS~ all
What I never understood was why not stay in the fight? Even worse is when someone gives a fight and as soon as they think they loose the advantage they take off running for a buddy
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 09:41:28 AM »
How you know it was dallas? You got the kill? Then? one less "real intelligent guy and a great sportsman" in the air.
Giant ack-hugg fest anyone? From 14K straight to your flaker if you cant ho me down?
jump into my 1v1, come straight for the pick from 6k+, even tho i asked 2 times "DO NOT PICK HIM PLZZZ", anyone?
3 spixes vs deck 109 ho-ackrun fest anyone? so much fun isnt it...
chicken watermelon fest ( ho run ho run ) anyone? then brag about how skill-less i am? seriuosly gtfo
the über-timid ones use to piss me off too. Yea im burning out.
Another weird thing: a couple days ago the knits got 187, what was the end of the spawn fight at 135. The Jokers were braggin about it, and hell, they were right. Whas nonsense, they did exactly the same thing on the next day...

I guess this thread or my post will be deleted. But its the truth.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 10:53:25 AM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 09:49:51 AM »
I agree there is a lot of weak game play out there, and I sometimes get frustrated with it as well. The oldest story is still the most annoying for me, the P51s who won't fight :)  

But I recognise that it's never going to change so I just try to get used to it and deal with it.

Someone bailing from bombers is lame, and you can laugh at them for caring about their score so much. But they're not hurting you. Just let them play their boring way and try and find some real action somewhere else.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 09:54:21 AM by coombz »
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 09:50:48 AM »
How you know it was dallas? You got the kill? Then? one less "real intelligent guy and a great sportsman" in the air.
Giant ack-hugg fest anyone? From 14K straight to your flaker if you cant ho me down?
jump into my 1v1, come straight for the pick from 6k+, even tho i asked 2 times "DO NOT PICK HIM PLZZZ", anyone?
3 spixes vs deck 109 ho-ackrun fest anyone? so much fun isnt it...
the über-timid ones use to piss me off too. Yea im burning out.
Another weird thing: a couple days ago the knits got 187, what was the end of the spawn fight at 135. The Jokers were braggin about it, and hell, they were right. Whas nonsense, they did exactly the same thing on the next day...

I guess this thread or my post will be deleted. But its the truth.

What he said.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 10:06:21 AM »
Anyone wonder what HTC would be like if there were no score or ranking involved, and we didnt know who we just shot down or got shot down by?

Aces High would be a whole different game, and one for the better, imo.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 10:17:44 AM »
Bailing from bombers is weak... 
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 10:19:55 AM »
Someone bailing from bombers is lame, and you can laugh at them for caring about their score so much.

This sentence makes no sense to me...  :headscratch:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 10:20:39 AM »
Anyone wonder what HTC would be like if there were no score or ranking involved, and we didnt know who we just shot down or got shot down by?

I don't think it would matter.  For example, doesn't Bomb and Bail still count as a death?  All he's doing is denying the guy the opportunity to get the kill.  The truly sad thing is the "thought" process probably goes something along the lines of, 'My bomber is dead since I have been seen by an enemy aircraft.  I may as well bail to get back to tower quicker so I can up again faster.'

Most dweebery rolls off my back, but bomb and bail, or jabocide for some reason is a real pet peeve and makes me so mad I could spit nails.

It is the way of online gaming.  Until they perfect the 'reach through the monitor and smack him' technology, this is what we're stuck with.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2011, 10:20:50 AM »
Is this a lame idea or what?

Boelke had his famous dictum. What if we create a code of ethics to fly Aces High? What we need to create is a more professional, mature culture and environment. The noobs learn from the community and the community seems run by 2-weekers on steroids. If we fly by a known set of ethics, in time that will rub off to others. A rough draft would include such items as:

1. Vulching is only acceptable when there is an effort to take a base. Vulch for the sake of kills is weak.
2. Avoid ho'ing, honor in demonstrating the skills necessary to make a kill, not blind-Vegas-pull-the-trigger-luck.
3. Allowing a damaged plane to ditch is very honorable. How many stories do we read of WW2 pilots flying next to damaged enemy planes, saluting them and turning for home. Think of the challenge of landing on half a wing.
4. Check 6 is a rule of thumb, not an accident.
5. Before one jumps into a 1 v 1, or 2 v 2 ask your buddies if they need help. No need ruining a fight without asking if they need help.
6. Running from a horde is acceptable. Running to drag out a bird or two for a 1 v 1 or 1 v 2 is great. Running away from a fight??? On the flip side, if you are in a horde how many should chase and jump one plane? What is appropriate when the horde is attempting to take a base?
7. Ack hugging happens, when is it appropriate, when is it cowardice?
8. What is missed?

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2011, 10:26:04 AM »

Not sure how much difference it would be if rank would be removed, some care about score so much the only they they do is bomb from 35k and vulch airfields.

Some pay $15 just for padding their rank (i.e vulching a field and fly home in the only fighter run they made that day)

I honestly would like to believe some people will learn to "ignore" the rank after they realize it can be easily manipulated in a sense some people actually
spend hours manipulating their score so its better (shade accounts anyone?).

Rank absolutely needs to be ignored, yes I'm preaching to the choir because I still read every day  "what can I do to lower my rank", when it means absolutely nothing, it does not even define kill.

JG 52

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2011, 10:26:14 AM »

This sentence makes no sense to me...  :headscratch:

:headscratch: The OP posited that Dallas bailed from his bombers to protect his score or something. Isn't that right? I don't understand (or care about) the ins and outs of how score is calculated, but I imagine that is the rationale behind bailing from bombers...

So my point was...so they bail to protect their score...it doesn't hurt you...laugh at them for being lame and move on.

:salute

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2011, 10:28:56 AM »
:headscratch: The OP posited that Dallas bailed from his bombers to protect his score or something.

And this is the point that doesn't make sense. Bailing doesn't protect the score. In fact, Bomb'n'Bailers are probably the players least interested in score at all.
A bomber pilot who cares about his score will try to get home alive no matter what.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2011, 10:30:20 AM »
Ah my lack of knowledge of the score system is letting me down :)

I guess my point still stands though...

Bomb and bailing doesn't hurt you....pity them for their sad behaviour and move on :aok