Author Topic: Lames  (Read 2562 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Lames
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2011, 12:35:11 PM »
If anything in this game upsets you, you need to take a break.

[/thread]

I had an individual in mw last night who got really peeved and called me everything he could almost spell.

Seems I upped at a blinking base to find what it was and he was way up overhead in lancs. I proceeded to climb up to him... intercepting at about 27k. I was almost out of fuel by that time and way off from home. I ended up just killing 2. One thing I was called was a XXX XXX Dweeb for climbing that high to kill buffs.  :rofl
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 12:40:08 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2011, 12:37:04 PM »
I realized this a long time ago, I try to lead by example; sometimes ill end up on the other side of the equation and that is my fault. We must understand that if you keep doing something gamey or wrong, it eventually be accepted as the norm.  :joystick:

Strokes

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2011, 12:41:20 PM »
simple... you bail from any plane you stay in your Chute till  #1 you float down to the ground or #2 you get killed in your Chute as your floating down from 20k plus, why get a reward for bailing by going right to the tower and out of harms way.  its lame, just like a whole mission 25+ planes bailing because their goons got killed ( not going to mention that squad but most know who did that lol )
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2011, 12:42:15 PM »
its not about bomb n bailing
its about st00pid lamers ruining everyone elses fun.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2011, 12:45:23 PM »
simple... you bail from any plane you stay in your Chute till  #1 you float down to the ground or #2 you get killed in your Chute as your floating down from 20k plus, why get a reward for bailing by going right to the tower and out of harms way.  its lame, just like a whole mission 25+ planes bailing because their goons got killed ( not going to mention that squad but most know who did that lol )

...again, don't bail, auger.  Problem solved.

There is no effective solution that doesn't unfairly punish people who are trying to play 'right'.

its not about bomb n bailing
its about st00pid lamers ruining everyone elses fun.

Yup.  You can't code out human nature.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2011, 12:48:10 PM »
The fundamental problem is that the game fails to associate risk with reward.

When people achieve the 'reward' without taking the risk is when most of us call their behavior 'lame'. In the past (~2ish years ago, and this maybe with rose colored glasses), the community attempted to keep itself inline by bashing them on 200 for their behavior as others would chime in. Those days are gone for the most part as people now people tend to support poor sportsmanship. This has caused the precipitous departure of long time players as well, just read 'Jo1chims' post as his post/feelings are not unique.

Some simple changes could reduce the incentive to engage in 'lame' behavior...

1) eliminate the "name in lights" message
2) eliminate individual score.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2011, 12:51:04 PM »
Some simple changes could reduce the incentive to engage in 'lame' behavior...

1) eliminate the "name in lights" message
2) eliminate individual score.

Wouldn't this exacerbate the bomb and bail/suicide attack problem?  There would be even less incentive to return to base.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2011, 12:57:44 PM »
I don't think the scoring system is the problem ardy. 

People just want the easiest/quickest path to self gratification.   Getting your kills in any which way you can.   These people don't care about HO, ramming you, they just want to get a kill.   Rather than take the time to put together some sort of arsenal of ACM skill sets, it is much easier to just up the Spit 16 and crutch your way through.

Nothing can be done about this unless they seek a path of enlightenment and try to improve through strength of character.

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2011, 12:58:09 PM »
Wouldn't this exacerbate the bomb and bail/suicide attack problem?  There would be even less incentive to return to base.

I don't think it would have an effect on the bomb/bail strategy, as the incentive structure we have today doesn't stop them either.

EDIT: realize spell checker misshap
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 01:10:26 PM by Ardy123 »
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2011, 12:59:13 PM »
"Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense"

I prefer to fight it out if attacked.  I prefer to land what I took into the air because I kinda RP the whole thing a bit.

Who cares if I am in a G4M1 and under attack by a P-47?  I might be able to do it!  (I didn't, but he got to go home with oil all over his airplane.)
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2011, 01:06:37 PM »

Nothing can be done about this unless they seek a path of enlightenment and try to improve through strength of character.

You sound like Midway.... Wait What!?  :O
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2011, 01:08:54 PM »
maybe some kind of limiter that prevent people from wasting the country ressources?

the ressource would reload for each player over time, and low eny equipment would hurt your ressource bar way more. With some tuning it could prevent a player to up 3 heacy lancasters and have troops in the same 30mins, allowing all kinds of strategies.

high eny rides would be free. Noobs wouls get a larger bar for a couple months so they can waste a few P51's a day....I like my idea :aok
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2011, 01:08:56 PM »
You sound like Midway.... Wait What!?  :O

bruv didn't say play 300 hours in a tour....
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2011, 01:10:03 PM »
maybe some kind of limiter that prevent people from wasting the country ressources?

the ressource would reload for each player over time, and low eny equipment would hurt your ressource bar way more. With some tuning it could prevent a player to up 3 heacy lancasters and have troops in the same 30mins, allowing all kinds of strategies.

high eny rides would be free. Noobs wouls get a larger bar for a couple months so they can waste a few P51's a day....I like my idea :aok

It's certainly a start in the right direction.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2011, 01:12:51 PM »

this could also result in people taking less risk in their behavior, encouraging the 'hide in a larger horde' mentality.
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)