Author Topic: Lames  (Read 2547 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: Lames
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2011, 04:42:16 PM »
btw Wiley, they wont ho, wont run, stick stir, ack hugg then? Will i get any good fight then??  : (

They still will, but at least you don't have to listen to them bleat it.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Wagger

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2011, 04:52:07 PM »
Lets just put it this way.  To change Aces High to match what you deem as fair play would require everyone to be mature and think the same as you do.  Forget it.  It is a pipe dream.  Human nature and individuals will never allow it to happen.  It is like trying for world peace.  Idealistic but unrealistic.  Everyone is different and has their own ideas.  Youthful exuberance and rebellion.  Take a close look at the world before you write about life being fair and everyone working for world peace or fair game play.  Kind of like waiting for the Return of Christ.  When it happens it will be to late.

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2011, 07:02:27 PM »
2)  some categories can have a bigger impact, often due to the difficulty associated with them.

I don't think it's the difficulty per se (although that does factor in), it's that some categories and scores tend to have most players bunched more tightly into a group than others. It depends partly on where you are in the category. Going from 0 gooney base captures to 1 will have a much more dramatic effect on your score than going from 9 to 10. Same with going from a vehicle bombing % (rockets) of 0 to .1.

But you're right, bomb-and-bail has nothing to do with score or name-in-lights.

Offline DrJackyI

• Zinc Member
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2011, 08:12:09 PM »
to the question of a kill

yes I dove killed one of his drones then as I was looping over for second pass pooooooooooooof

he does a David Copperfield

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2011, 08:16:17 PM »
This problem has been in the game for a really long time. I never did understand why people would run from a fight. What is the purpose of flying if you aren't going to fight?  :frown:
Top Gun

Offline DrJackyI

• Zinc Member
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2011, 08:28:14 PM »
I would l;ike to clarify that I am not just complaining about bomb and bailers,

basically, my beef is with players who intentionally TRY to manipulate things to suit THEIR needs instead of playing the game the way the DESIGNERS intented it to be played.

bomb and bail
intentional plug pullin
5 on 1 and the 5 HO
etc
etc
etc

we could all make a list of things that for all intents and purposes ruin the game play.
but certain pilots who continuously and repeatedly do "shady" things, those are the ones that EVERYONE should gang up on.

Back when i first started playing the game Dallas and I had a run in and I killed him in his own HO game. then low and behold I hear him in my comms telling me that he is (how u say) sicking his whole squad after me. lol wow im skeeeeeeerd.....lol

The point is is that what if I was a 12 year old kid and my mother or father overheard him say that.

ppl talk about this being a "family" game but yet low self esteemed ppl like Dallas do things like that.

GUESS WHAT AH

u will be out of business in 5 years or less as long as u let idiots do things like that

lol hell I predicted the time frame that FA (Fighter Ace) would go under becuase of similar things and damn near hit the date on the bullseye.
Lets see if the powers that be learn from others mistakes!

Offline Dimebag

• Nickel Member
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2011, 08:33:16 PM »
.s vdallas
Dimebag
CO of the Black Tooth Grin
Black Attack!!!

Offline Iraqvet

• Copper Member
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2011, 08:59:54 PM »
Mine would have to be Lt/Hoss and his squad names  :lol

I believe his current squad name is "Neener...Neener...Neener"
Before that it was "Iraqvet is my Depends"
Before that it was "Makes Butchergirl tower out a lot"

Seeing him type in all caps on 200 after I kill him

His rants on the local channel when he gets killed....and can't understand why nobody will give him a check6 when he switches sides

He is the perfect example of why "score" should go out the window....Score means so much to him he goes Nuclear when somebody gets a kill on him, and his rants on 200 after you kill him make you think he is the second comming of VDallas.

Last encounter with him I dropped an egg on his Tiger at 135...You would have thought I stole his life savings on 200. If you dont have the perks to burn then dont up it.....if you do up a perked ride at least entertain the idea that you might not make it home  :cry
***The Perk Tank Snuff***
HHC 1-502nd "Strike" Infantry 101st Airborne Division Air Assault!
The very essence of leadership is its purpose. The purpose of leadership is to accomplish a task. That is what leadership does and what it does is more important than what it is or how it works

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2011, 09:30:08 PM »

What is play to the cat,,,,,is death to the mouse!    :cheers:
Yea, simply because I can

Offline DrJackyI

• Zinc Member
« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2011, 11:53:44 PM »
OK so lets see, bailing from bombers might hurt Ur score, BUT, if u bail from bombers and a con is currently attacking u then the con gets 1 2 or 3 kills, BUT............

If u pull the ethernet cable from Ur comp and/or modem then u get only 1 disco and the con gets NO kills, so basically,
the con just wasted his time flying over getting set up and making the attempt to kill, and also RISK getting killed by the target.

Like i have said before this is the second time vDallas has did crap like that while I was attacking him. My squaddie SDFlak has
also experienced vDallas chickening out of a fight the same way......... now............

If Dallas would NOT have pulled ethernet cord, then he MOST ASSURADLY would have had 3 deaths, and I would have been able
to score the perks for killing him, which would have made it worth my time to track him down and make the attempt and take
the risk of dying to get the perks.

But as it worked out he won because he only got 1 death and 1 disco and i only got 1 kill (and associated perks) for my time and effort.

some may think it "crying or whining" , but I see it as flying a 15 OBJ plane to earn perks so I can fly a perked 5 OBJ plane for the fun of it!

Hey if u up a set of bombers "AT" a base that has a CV attacking it, then be prepared to lose those planes quickly and efficiently.
If u don't want to lose the planes then dint roll in them , said and done.

Bruv said
 "Nothing can be done about this unless they seek a path of enlightenment and try to improve through strength of character."

in a sense he is right, especially about the character part

but yet for 2 days straight i saw ppl spamming the text box with "<salute> vDallas". Sry guys but I will never salute a person who's character
is worth less than minimum wage at McDonald's.

Essentially, AH can only do so much, but its up to the ppl that play to do the rest.

ME PERSONALLY, If I see ppl do things like what I've seen Dallas and a few others do, then I will never help that person under any circumstances,
and I will ask my squaddies to do the same.

tuning Ur vox to a particular person to insult him for anything should be an immediate ban from chat and vox for 30 days or more the first time and indefinitely the second time.
As it stands, his insistence of being immature seems to be welcomed from AH and its players. So therefor others see him do it and think that it is OK
for them to do it...........LEAD BY EXAMPLE as someone has said.

Soon AH will not have 4000 pilots on registry, they MIGHT have 400 then 300 then 200 if they can afford to operate at 200 subs a month.

All because of AH condoning gameplay such as Ive and others have seen.

AND YES CONDONING,   if u do nothing to correct an issue that many have seemed to bring to light, then u must not believe there is an issue, but when u go out of business u will wonder " WHY OR HOW DID THAT HAPPEN "

and rewarding lamers like vDallas with pages and pages of salutes is the same as giving CEO's millions of dollars in bonuses for running their company into bankruptcy, then giving them money to keep it going and letting the idiot keep his job just to do it all over again

THATS MY DEFINITION OF INSANTY

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2011, 12:51:14 AM »
OK so lets see, bailing from bombers might hurt Ur score, BUT, if u bail from bombers and a con is currently attacking u then the con gets 1 2 or 3 kills, BUT............

If u pull the ethernet cable from Ur comp and/or modem then u get only 1 disco

This is incorrect. You will get 3.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline DrJackyI

• Zinc Member
« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2011, 06:55:05 AM »
This is incorrect. You will get 3.

I stand corrected ~DS~

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2011, 08:01:59 AM »
some may think it "crying or whining" , but I see it as flying a 15 OBJ plane to earn perks so I can fly a perked 5 OBJ plane for the fun of it!

Ah.  I'll shoot this one if he bails.

- oldman

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2011, 08:22:54 AM »

If u pull the ethernet cable from Ur comp and/or modem then u get only 1 disco and the con gets NO kills, so basically,
the con just wasted his time flying over getting set up and making the attempt to kill, and also RISK getting killed by the target.

Like i have said before this is the second time vDallas has did crap like that while I was attacking him. My squaddie SDFlak has
also experienced vDallas chickening out of a fight the same way......... now............

If Dallas would NOT have pulled ethernet cord, then he MOST ASSURADLY would have had 3 deaths, and I would have been able
to score the perks for killing him, which would have made it worth my time to track him down and make the attempt and take
the risk of dying to get the perks.

But as it worked out he won because he only got 1 death and 1 disco and i only got 1 kill (and associated perks) for my time and effort.

Hey if u up a set of bombers "AT" a base that has a CV attacking it, then be prepared to lose those planes quickly and efficiently.
If u don't want to lose the planes then dint roll in them , said and done.

Bruv said
 "Nothing can be done about this unless they seek a path of enlightenment and try to improve through strength of character."

in a sense he is right, especially about the character part

but yet for 2 days straight i saw ppl spamming the text box with "<salute> vDallas". Sry guys but I will never salute a person who's character
is worth less than minimum wage at McDonald's.

Essentially, AH can only do so much, but its up to the ppl that play to do the rest.

ME PERSONALLY, If I see ppl do things like what I've seen Dallas and a few others do, then I will never help that person under any circumstances,
and I will ask my squaddies to do the same.

tuning Ur vox to a particular person to insult him for anything should be an immediate ban from chat and vox for 30 days or more the first time and indefinitely the second time.
As it stands, his insistence of being immature seems to be welcomed from AH and its players. So therefor others see him do it and think that it is OK
for them to do it...........LEAD BY EXAMPLE as someone has said.

Soon AH will not have 4000 pilots on registry, they MIGHT have 400 then 300 then 200 if they can afford to operate at 200 subs a month.

All because of AH condoning gameplay such as Ive and others have seen.

AND YES CONDONING,   if u do nothing to correct an issue that many have seemed to bring to light, then u must not believe there is an issue, but when u go out of business u will wonder " WHY OR HOW DID THAT HAPPEN "

and rewarding lamers like vDallas with pages and pages of salutes is the same as giving CEO's millions of dollars in bonuses for running their company into bankruptcy, then giving them money to keep it going and letting the idiot keep his job just to do it all over again

THATS MY DEFINITION OF INSANTY

:salute Jackyl

I have to say I think that this stuff only bothers you so much because you are taking the game a little too seriously :/

I'm not dismissing your concerns, we all experience the same lame stuff from time to time...but just reading your post makes me think "wow, this guy needs to take a step back".

At the end of the day it's just a game that we play to have fun...sounds like you are losing your grip on the fun because you're getting mad about how other people play.

We'd all like it if HT would make some changes to the game to promote exciting gameplay rather than the current crapfest  :pray but I think we just have to wait and be patient and try not to get burned out in the mean time

Also, if it makes you feel any better, I'm pretty sure the mass saluting of vDallas was sarcastic and actually intended as an insult :aok
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2011, 08:59:36 AM »
In case you missed it...

If anything in this game upsets you, you need to take a break.
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++