Author Topic: Teh Hordez  (Read 45413 times)

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Re: Teh Hordez
« Reply #105 on: November 19, 2011, 12:56:27 PM »
Outside a few gaps here and there , since '05 .

So what you meant was, since you've been playing it's always been this way.

I've got some years on ya, and I would disagree with you on that.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: November 19, 2011, 12:58:43 PM »
Now that you mention it Fugative, I do vaugly remember the Sunday night seal clubbing.

SmokinLoon, while I think bigger, longer-lasting fights are a good thing, I don't think bigger, longer-lasting fights are a good thing when 1 side has 90% of the increased numbers, and it only lasts longer because the higher-skilled defenders kill the troops.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #107 on: November 19, 2011, 01:08:40 PM »
Radar and Sector Counters provide adequate warning against said hordes
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #108 on: November 19, 2011, 01:27:07 PM »

says a horde'er extraordinaire.   ;)

From the time an attacking dar-bar appears a sector or two away to the time a few defenders appear over the field is hardly worth mentioning.  Also, if there are 20+ heavy P51D's inbound it doesnt matter how many or how high the defenders get.  There are enough P51D's that even if 1 or 2 get intercepted by the brave enough 109x, the hangers still get destroyed, the ack still gets wiped out, and the town still gets flattened.  Once everything is down the few brave souls that upped simply get picked and sent back to tower.  I know it isnt any fun for the defenders, and I cant for the life of me figure out how being a part of the 20v1 horde is any fun either.  It is like being a bench warmer on a winning team, i.e.: they still get the "winz" behind their name.  Oh well....     
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #109 on: November 19, 2011, 02:30:27 PM »
It is like being a bench warmer on a winning team, i.e.: they still get the "winz" behind their name.  Oh well....     

:aok
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #110 on: November 19, 2011, 07:10:35 PM »

But isnt in the Vmanual that if the fight is over here>>>>>, you guys horde over there<<<<.

playing to soley piss off other players I thought goes against Pyro's rule of "dont be a dick"
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #111 on: November 19, 2011, 07:29:03 PM »
It does, which is why I'm astonished the v-dweebs haven't all recieved permentant bans  :ahand.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #112 on: November 19, 2011, 07:29:34 PM »
Part of the problem is ENY isn't strong enough. For example, last night the rooks had 50% more players than either the knits or the bish.What happened was, everyone who was rook went to the nearest dar bar, even if it was mainly green. This had a dog pile effect on the hording, because not only did they have more players, all the players were concentrated where other players from the same team were.

This behavior is not surprising as people want to be where others are, but it does show that ENY is not effective enough as a counter balance to greater country numbers.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline WYOKIDIII

• Copper Member
« Reply #113 on: November 19, 2011, 09:15:01 PM »
So what you meant was, since you've been playing it's always been this way.

I've got some years on ya, and I would disagree with you on that.

Just do a search in general forums...one word..... horde , you'll see I'm right . This is one of the oldest dead horses in the forums.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 09:17:35 PM by WYOKIDIII »
Sooo....What , are those guys here to kill you because God forgot too ?

Hank Venture

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #114 on: November 19, 2011, 09:37:55 PM »
says a horde'er extraordinaire.   ;)

I'm flattered but I prefer working with around a dozen or so at most.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #115 on: November 19, 2011, 10:02:13 PM »
Just do a search in general forums...one word..... horde , you'll see I'm right . This is one of the oldest dead horses in the forums.

Again... this wasn't a complaint about hording in general.  Please read the original posting.  This was a complaint about the motivation behind those doing the hording.

I love a target rich environment.  I don't enjoy people who's motivation is to make the game unplayable for others.  The point of playing online is playing with others... something some people obviously never learned how to do.

Offline DaCoon

• Gold Member
« Reply #116 on: November 19, 2011, 10:15:10 PM »
  The point of playing online is playing with others... something some people obviously never learned how to do.

the only reason I ever liked recess    :D
AKDaCoon of the Arabian Knights

MA & FSO 😎

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #117 on: November 19, 2011, 10:25:06 PM »
With the amount of people in vtard raids they should be able to stomp 6 bases at a time...but yet they will just use the mass hoard to take 1 base
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #118 on: November 19, 2011, 10:25:51 PM »
With the amount of people in vtard raids they should be able to stomp 6 bases at a time...but yet they will just use the mass hoard to attempt to take 1 base

Errors corrected

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #119 on: November 19, 2011, 10:35:53 PM »

Don't need to do a search.  Having been here quite a bit longer then you.  The definition of a horde has changed considerably.  Most of us who've been around a while would gladly go back to what was seen as a 'horde' in the early days.  There is no comparison to the 'horde' of today. 
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters