Author Topic: 109 Training Request  (Read 2176 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: 109 Training Request
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2011, 04:29:44 AM »
Always liked Sunfans films. The boy is wicked  :aok
Lighten up Francis

Offline WOZ30BAT

• Zinc Member
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2011, 09:59:42 AM »
How do you 109 guys line up an angled shot? Are you using a reference point on the cockpit frame or something? The visibility is just so poor for me that dead 6 shots are the only ones that I can hope to get. A crossing shot is too difficult as by the time I see them, the bandit has passed the point I needed to shoot.
IN Game: Sidious

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2011, 10:53:20 AM »
How do you 109 guys line up an angled shot? Are you using a reference point on the cockpit frame or something? The visibility is just so poor for me that dead 6 shots are the only ones that I can hope to get. A crossing shot is too difficult as by the time I see them, the bandit has passed the point I needed to shoot.

You imagine a straight line from their prop to where they are going.  You pick a line between point A and point B where you will have a 100-200 yard shot and of course don't forget your lead all depends on their speed and yours.  GL 
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2011, 11:51:58 AM »
From what I've been told, you get them into an overshoot position. When you know they are going to overshoot, you get your wings in line with their flight path and fire when they are in your front side window. Grizz said I capture the spot well in this cartoon....

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2011, 11:11:08 PM »
its not mine, but this is Grizz's post on the matter.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,280043.0.html

to b frank if you are used to using bullets to tell where your bullets are going (like a lot of US planes that have lots of ammo can do) then you are going to find this a hard cannon to master - however, if you master you revi16 and get a good idea of how the 30mm behaves, then you will perform deflections in 3 - 5 30mm round per shot which is my average.  No tracers to give you a clue for the next shot because by then you are already performing the next set of ACMs to make another shot.  In essence - you have to spend a lot of time practicing. 

the only real hint I can give is this - you don't actually want to saddle an opponent with a 30mm - you want to create the high angle deflection shot.  Use your 12mms for saddle shots (takes a bit more time but they work) and when they break, that is when you line up for the 30mm burst.  I have had terrible luck with low deflection shots with the 30mm and while I will take the shot if I am low target, low fuel (gonna go rearm anyway) - its really a game of patience and timing - and that is part of its reward.  When you see a K4 shooting at you while chasing you down from your 6, and you see those grapefruit sized bullets wizz by, you know that they are desperate and will egress bingo ammo soon.  Just make sure you keep your profile small!!

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2011, 04:59:48 PM »
When you see a K4 shooting at you while chasing you down from your 6, and you see those grapefruit sized bullets wizz by, you know that they are desperate and will egress bingo ammo soon.

Or they're trying for the 800yard tater shots.  :rock
-AoM-

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2011, 08:08:43 PM »
Heres alittle short 3 min. film on base defense this week and 2 reversals, hope it helps  :salute

http://www.mediafire.com/?w7117lk4c5bqp6a
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2011, 08:01:43 PM »
Or they're trying for the 800yard tater shots.  :rock

I always liked to use the bbs from that far out, if I could start landing some hits they would almost always turn so I could close to Tater distance. You can hit pretty well with the bbs from 800 if you line it up carefully.
madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/

Offline WOZ30BAT

• Zinc Member
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2011, 08:49:07 AM »
Thanks TnDep for the reply & Ruah thanks for reposting that thread by Grizz. I took up a K4 last night & used the tips & managed to land 6 kills on my 1st sortie, although I will admit 2 or 3 were augers. I also saw Agent360 in that furball between A145 & A199. I got credit for a kill on you TnDep & I think you were a K4 as well. I remember shooting at you but never really could tell if I actually hit you or not. Again guys, thanks for all the tips. Happy New Year & <S>......Sidious
IN Game: Sidious

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2011, 09:13:33 AM »
Thanks TnDep for the reply & Ruah thanks for reposting that thread by Grizz. I took up a K4 last night & used the tips & managed to land 6 kills on my 1st sortie, although I will admit 2 or 3 were augers. I also saw Agent360 in that furball between A145 & A199. I got credit for a kill on you TnDep & I think you were a K4 as well. I remember shooting at you but never really could tell if I actually hit you or not. Again guys, thanks for all the tips. Happy New Year & <S>......Sidious

Your welcome, Yes last night was a tough night for me couldn't do nothing right in a plane, actually gv'd mostly.  two nights ago I landed 10 kills k4 no re-arms, I wish I could get on and be consistant and start off where I left out, anywho great job on the 6 kills  :salute
~XO Top Gun~ Retired