Author Topic: a BETTER strat system for all.  (Read 6827 times)

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
a BETTER strat system for all.
« on: November 20, 2011, 02:05:49 PM »
I think we ALL want a new strat system, this is what i had thought out.

trains are back! from the source, trains will make runs to all Fields on the same land mass and to ports on the same land mass.

Ships! Now here is the difference between the two vessels you see. one is a cargo ship and will make runs to other ports where the trains on that landmass will distribute the supplies. The other vessel you see is a LST (landing ship tank) it will make runs to land masses without ports and will appear at shore (most likely too a little outpost) near a base on the coast. From there supply trucks will roll out the LSTs and go on there supply line from base to base

again, land masses with ports will obtain there supplies from cargo ships arriving to port and then railways will distribute supplies to base to base. not supply tucks, only landmasses without ports rely on supply trucks.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 03:43:27 PM by Skyguns MKII »

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: a BETTER strat system for all.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 02:09:52 PM »
I think you've said enough.

:bolt:
See Rule #4

Offline stabbyy

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 02:27:33 PM »
armored trains? not a bad idea...but they had alot of draw backs

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 02:50:38 PM »
Hey OP, spam much?  :rofl
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 03:21:05 PM »
Hey OP, spam much?  :rofl

i had not done this intentionaly. It had glitched on me

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 03:31:54 PM »
OK i had just added two more little graph things..

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 03:46:32 PM »
+1
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2011, 03:52:24 PM »
armored trains? not a bad idea...but they had alot of draw backs
educate me

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2011, 04:34:14 PM »
How about when the train spawns and gets going a mission is auto generated to get it from the 2 opposing teams and a defense mission gets posted for it? Maybe the same for the barges and trucks? Maybe after that the strats as far as the different factories until they retreat to the rear. I like the idea of bringing the trains back too.
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2011, 04:38:08 PM »
How about when the train spawns and gets going a mission is auto generated to get it from the 2 opposing teams and a defense mission gets posted for it? Maybe the same for the barges and trucks? Maybe after that the strats as far as the different factories until they retreat to the rear. I like the idea of bringing the trains back too.

none of that retreating to the rear crap, well may be i have to think hard.

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2011, 07:42:37 PM »
really like this.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2011, 08:00:34 PM »
I was sold at the sight of the pictures alone... :O :x

A few things though...

Now you just have to work out how often they need to spawn in order to maintain the supply of a base.  Isn't it every 15 minutes for a untouched base right now?  Or is it 45?  I keep forgetting. :o  If they have to spawn every 15 minutes, I see a potential problem on the server, but 45 may prove to be a problem as well (which the server is rumored to be no where near suffering strain from current setup.  Only HTC staff can comment on whether their servers are doing a-okay).  It will have to generate and maintain the objects, not to mention the % of supplies based on the status of the strat associated to the convoy launched, as well as the convoy's status itself.  What is a possible solution to this issue?

Will the status of a port or depot affect the supplies being brought in or just the time it takes for the depot to spawn a convoy?

Will CV's receive convoys at all?

How many ships and trucks per convoy?

Will ship convoys use evasive action when being attacked?

(This one is a hope to see rail yards implemented)
In the map you used as an example, rail yards wouldn't be too effective in distribution of supplies, but on other maps, Trinity as an example, rail yards could be an effective way to distribute supplies (though you could probably use one on the main island on the map used in your example).

I didn't want to ask those questions, but they are just a few things that would need to be addressed (some really simple, others, not so much).  However, I really like where you are going with it. :aok
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2011, 08:03:07 PM »
so if you have 3 enemy bases wehre the train line connects in a linear way and you capture a base that is between the other 2 it would stop the last base to get supplies? could be a strategic thing
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2011, 08:08:00 PM »
so if you have 3 enemy bases where the train line connects in a linear way and you capture a base that is between the other 2 it would stop the last base to get supplies? could be a strategic thing

yes and no, what if there is a switch track way up north that leads the train in a different route and away from the enemy base but still able to loop around and supply the bases behind the enemy base. Depends but yes it would be strategic if it does. I would also like to see bridges that can be bombed.

Offline Skyguns MKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2011, 08:11:01 PM »

(This one is a hope to see rail yards implemented)
In the map you used as an example, rail yards wouldn't be too effective in distribution of supplies, but on other maps, Trinity as an example, rail yards could be an effective way to distribute supplies (though you could probably use one on the main island on the map used in your example).

railyards will only be at two key points, ports and strats. airfields would most likely be given a simple station in town perhaps. landmasses with no port will obtain there supplies by a road convoy coming from a LST source.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 08:13:16 PM by Skyguns MKII »