Author Topic: score  (Read 992 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: score
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2011, 04:16:35 PM »
Well some adjustments are needed anyhow,

Are they?

I'm quite sure veterans of this game would be objective and honest for the most part!

Sorry, but...  :lol
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2011, 06:34:46 PM »
Are they?

Sorry, but...  :lol

Well the perfect and probably most intense example of ENY shortcomings would be........................... .........drum roll......................... ............................. ............................. ................BF109K4 at 20...... NJUG at 5?

Now in a perfect game environment based on realism and paralleling WW2 I'd say these #s were fine, BUT when virtually everything in AH is done below 5K OR gets below 5K in a BIIIIIIIIIIG hurry I'd say these #s do not reflect the NORMAL advantages and disadvantages of either plane. IF and this is a HUGE GIANT IF the normal operating alt of AH was above 20K maybe approaching 25-30K then I would gladly and emphatically agree the ENY for both of these planes is accurate. But since I am quite capable in either ride I say in the current AH environment the K4 OWNS with little problem the NJUG. These are just 2 examples. Now mind you I am not complaining about the "uber K4" I enjoy the ride very much but once tater tossing is learned the K4 truely becomes awesome indeed. In other words, me in a K4 destroys me in an NJUG, and I will say I am probably better with the NJUG!

So YES I'd say there could be a few changes with little argument!
 Unless ofcourse arguing is the goal  :aok

And YES I think the "oldschool" folks would be very honest about realistic "game based" ENY changes!

K$ and all :aok

JUGgler
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 06:40:04 PM by JUGgler »
Army of Muppets

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2011, 09:52:30 PM »
I think the N jugs# refers to its ability to carry ords not as a fighter.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2011, 10:01:46 PM »
Does score factor in ENY? If not, why?

It seems to me that it should. Score should be calculated at the end of each flight as it is now, then multiplied by ENY of the vehicle you had chose for the sortie.

Just a thought, see you dweebs next month  :cheers:

JUGgler

it will give an a great advantage in score to people who are already good in high eny planes.  btw which planes do your squadies fly most?  this will greatly improve their score not that they actually need it as they're high skilled anyway.

a better system would be to get points with based on the rank of the player you shot down.  you kill a good pilot, you get more points you kill a two week player you will get a lot less.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2011, 11:21:00 PM »

a better system would be to get points with based on the rank of the player you shot down.  you kill a good pilot, you get more points you kill a two week player you will get a lot less.

good point

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2011, 12:21:44 AM »
it will give an a great advantage in score to people who are already good in high eny planes.  btw which planes do your squadies fly most?  this will greatly improve their score not that they actually need it as they're high skilled anyway.

a better system would be to get points with based on the rank of the player you shot down.  you kill a good pilot, you get more points you kill a two week player you will get a lot less.

semp

How will this work? If you're #17 in on the good pilot why should you be rewarded?

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2011, 12:30:55 AM »
How will this work? If you're #17 in on the good pilot why should you be rewarded?

JUGgler

i also shoot down a lot of double digit rank midgets... without a lot of effort at times...  :headscratch:

these are perk points being talked about tho', right, not kill points (which count towards rank)?
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2011, 12:47:47 AM »

JUGgler

use the current base scoring of now but you know that eny multiplier that you were talking about?  well base the multiplier on the player score.  separate the multiplier by 3 types, attack/fighter, bomber and gv.

you will get a score "bonus" based on the rank of the player you killed, with 2 exceptions.  no bonus score for killing bombers or gv's.  you dont want somebody bombing dr7 and land a zillion points :) and bombers are too easy to kill unless you find 999.

it's not perfect as some people only fly in fighter mode or attack mode regardless so their "rank"  may be lower.  but I would also suggest to get rid of "fighter" score mode and just have attack mode, bomber and gv.

just something else to think about juggler  :salute.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline warhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2011, 03:01:09 AM »
How about flagging the top ten pilots by score in a current tour, so that next tour, if you down one you get something extra  :airplane:
Perhaps something in their icon to identify them as a top 10
Sorry juggler I'm pretty dunk it's a bad idea
warhed
=Wings of Terror=

"Give me sheep, or give me death!"

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2011, 03:14:46 AM »
How about flagging the top ten pilots by score in a current tour, so that next tour, if you down one you get something extra  :airplane:
Perhaps something in their icon to identify them as a top 10
Sorry juggler I'm pretty dunk it's a bad idea
funny though, people would be making sure they weren't top ten.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2011, 03:23:26 AM »
What about setting the ENY depending on what the score was from last month from that particular planetype ?
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline warhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2011, 03:49:04 AM »
funny though, people would be making sure they weren't top ten.

Not having a special icon wouldn't be bad either, just a few extra perkies and a message letting you know you shot down a top10  :D
warhed
=Wings of Terror=

"Give me sheep, or give me death!"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2011, 05:46:01 AM »
And YES I think the "oldschool" folks would be very honest about realistic "game based" ENY changes!

Even if I would agree with the "honest" part, it doesn't mean just because someone has been here for 5 years or more his opinions, thoughts and reasoning (if any) make more sense. You can fly for 10 years and still be thick like a brick ;)
 And what worth is judgement of planes based on blurry 10 year old experiences?

What about setting the ENY depending on what the score was from last month from that particular planetype ?

ENY is about much more than score, as it's also a gameplay balancer (ENY limit). The 110G and the Lancaster do not have a low ENY because of their great score...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman