Author Topic: 12 hour timer on switch is way too long  (Read 1441 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: 12 hour timer on switch is way too long
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2011, 09:15:39 AM »
moin

the question is what will the majority do? will say switch to the winner country or switch to the looser country.

This is no question, because we had a 1 hour limit for years. Even when they could indeed get perks by that due to a bug, the majority did not do that at all.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline nimble

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2011, 10:06:37 AM »
This is no question, because we had a 1 hour limit for years. Even when they could indeed get perks by that due to a bug, the majority did not do that at all.

Honestly though, I think it is much worse to pretty much screw players who play during offpeak hours because some people switched sides to get some arbitrary perks. No one is going to unsub because someone got perks, more will unsub because they can't find a decent fight and have to wait 12 hours to fly with their friends during peak hours. All this change promotes is not playing the game during offpeak hours, which leads to less and less people playing during those times, and just compounds the problem. It's a silly and damaging change.
Even if it seems certain that you will lose, retaliate. Neither wisdom nor technique has a place in this. A real man does not think of victory or defeat. He plunges recklessly towards an irrational death. By doing this, you will awaken from your dreams.

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2011, 10:13:31 AM »
nimble you don't have to convince us that it's a silly and damaging change :D

unfortunately HTC doesn't seem to care *shrug* what can ya do?
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de/
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2011, 10:26:55 AM »

moin

is this profed? dont think only at the few long timer.

cu

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2011, 10:35:37 AM »
moin

is this profed? dont think only at the few long timer.

cu

I did occasionally monitor the player numbers and country roster because of such claims. Never ever found players changing to the winning side in any significant number. Most players did in fact rarely switch sides at all. It's mostly AH vets far removed from that war game.

And interestingly, the ones claiming "everybody switches sides" could never ever come up with any facts themselves. Just like those "eny is broken" claims: Everybody "knows" the enemy does never get the same high eny, despite no one having ever come up with a actual screenshot showing it - which should be very simple ;)

I admit that I'm (still) fed up with all that myth stuff  :rolleyes:

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2011, 10:52:23 AM »
It's exactly the other way round for most of us renowned side switchers. We don't leave the losing side, we join them. And this is helping the game.

Those who "suffer" from having their team kicked around (and usually fill up country channel with whines about it) are team-loyal. In fact, it's an exaggerated "loyality" that makes them suffer from that in the first place. They do not switch sides - they log off in disgust.

The "spy thing" is one of those gross exaggerations as well. Every fail is alleged to spies. When the 12h limit was imposed again, the generals rejoiced "No more spying!"... but I still see all that allegations on country channel every day, no matter how ridiculous it is.
And those squads that do really want to spy, are not hurt by it at all, nor would they be with 24, 48 or whatever limit. It's the honest players that do suffer.

:aok

I have not switched once since the time was extended.

Waiting an hour to fly with squaddies is not that bad.  Waiting half a day, however, is nonsense.

I would rather fight against a red horde than a green one...
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2011, 11:04:32 AM »
moin

ok, thats surprising me, if its true i havent say anything about it. :D

only the argument against spying is still there, sure its not that many people who are doing that but if we can half devide these group of people we need this timer. and becouse of that i think 1 hour is still to less and 12 is ok.

cu

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2011, 11:10:51 AM »
:aok

I have not switched once since the time was extended.

Waiting an hour to fly with squaddies is not that bad.  Waiting half a day, however, is nonsense.

I would rather fight against a red horde than a green one...

i saw a base being attacked. i rolled a p38 and climbed to that base to defend. found some buffs, and worked em over, whilst below me, no one defended. i was flying bish. knights took that base. as soon as they did, they went after the rooks. the problem was that i had just switched to bish to go to that fight. now, that the only fight was knight vs rook, i couldn't switch back in order to go to that fight. it's effed up.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2011, 12:28:24 PM »
moin

ok, thats surprising me, if its true i havent say anything about it. :D

only the argument against spying is still there, sure its not that many people who are doing that but if we can half devide these group of people we need this timer. and becouse of that i think 1 hour is still to less and 12 is ok.

cu

sorry but this is wrong....have you read everything people have posted?????? yet you still defend 12 hours :headscratch:

should be 1 hour...plain and simple.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2011, 12:45:08 PM »
Just for the record:

Personally I don't need it at 1 hour, though I would welcome it. Four or even (with gnashing teeth) six hours would do. That would help me jumping to the ganged side in the noon, because can make another decision in the evening again.

Oh and another word on the spiez...  while we "high profile" players are constantly being monitored by distrustful eyes, the real ones will hardly be noticed, for they are silent and anonymous and most of the times not even side switching at all. You can up the limit to a month and they will still be there ;)

(Maybe now someone will come up again with "disable cross country communication"  :lol)

Finally: I actually would be contend with a very long time limit, like once per tour... if the MA really were a "war arena".

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2011, 01:05:43 PM »
+1!

12 hours is way too long
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2011, 01:07:55 PM »
+1!

12 hours is way too long

1 hour is way too long.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2011, 05:48:52 PM »
sorry but this is wrong....have you read everything people have posted?????? yet you still defend 12 hours :headscratch:

should be 1 hour...plain and simple.

naw, let's have a switch at will, anytime you want.  I dont pay 15 bucks so I can be stuck in any country for hours on end.  sometimes at night the fight can switch from country to another country in an instant, i dont wanna be stuck in another country for 1 hour just because i made the mistake of switching to the wrong one.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2011, 07:21:29 PM »
naw, let's have a switch at will, anytime you want.  I dont pay 15 bucks so I can be stuck in any country for hours on end.  sometimes at night the fight can switch from country to another country in an instant, i dont wanna be stuck in another country for 1 hour just because i made the mistake of switching to the wrong one.

semp

I would be very OK with this  :aok

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2011, 12:30:02 AM »

Personally I don't need it at 1 hour, though I would welcome it. Four or even (with gnashing teeth) six hours would do. That would help me jumping to the ganged side in the noon, because can make another decision in the evening again.

moin
that would be a good midel way. im still defending the longer time period because i knew a lot of people who will switch to finde enemy cvs if the timer is less, of corse somtimes thay switch with ouer 12 hoer delay, but thay will switch more often if the time is less and that would be not nice.

i understand your argument for finding a fight in a other countrys, sure you will find fights everywere but ok, we need to think what would help the game more, geting 100% more spies because its easy or searching 5 minest longer for a fight?
jes the argument people will log because thay cant find a fight (lol) is there but how many people will log and will never come back because thay are pissed about the spies?

cu