Author Topic: 12 hour timer on switch is way too long  (Read 1456 times)

Offline nimble

• Copper Member
12 hour timer on switch is way too long
« on: November 29, 2011, 11:34:55 AM »
Don't know why this was changed so dramatically, but it's way too long. I often play very late at night or very early in the AM, and there are times that there simply isn't a decent fight going for a specific country, so I switch. It's not to spy, not to gain an advantage in the war, just because of lack of targets. If HTC could please consider lowering this timer to a more friendly level for players like me, it would be most appreciated.
Even if it seems certain that you will lose, retaliate. Neither wisdom nor technique has a place in this. A real man does not think of victory or defeat. He plunges recklessly towards an irrational death. By doing this, you will awaken from your dreams.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: 12 hour timer on switch is way too long
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 02:46:23 PM »
The side switch time limit has nothing to do with "teh spyz". Although I do agree the 12 hours is a bit much.

Lighten up Francis

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 11:06:07 PM »
11 hours too long.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 11:46:53 PM »
12 hours? Are you kidding me? Who bright idea was that retardedness?
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline chaser

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 11:49:49 PM »
+1 to going back to 1 hour time limit. 12 hours is just ridiculously long and unneeded.

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ludwigs-hobby-seite.de/
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 05:57:13 AM »
moin

12 houers are way to short.
im a knight since 2002 so i can t understnad were the problem is, sure i knew alot of people who changed countrys but if thay change thay stay there mostly more than a week.

and im playing alot of time not in the main time and i find always a fight, i start only thinking to change country if im not able to finde a cv of the enemy but i have never done that.  ;).

cu christian

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 05:59:14 AM »
moin

12 houers are way to short.

I get it that the country switch doesn't affect you personally... but why is it too short?  :headscratch:  I mean, how would the game improve if you make it even more difficult for to fly elsewhere?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 06:32:23 AM »
12 hours? Are you kidding me? Who bright idea was that retardedness?

It was my idea :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2011, 07:41:48 AM »
moin

ok, i saied it a bit to hard. 12 houers is ok, but every houer less it would not.
its not god to suport easy side switching because its not good for the team.
imagine if everone can sitch country with out the thought : oh, if i switch i must stay there for the next 12 houers.
in this game you are sometimes on the winner side and sometimes on the loser side, switching to the side what is the best in a moment would not help the game.
if you are on the looser side, stay there and do your best to save your side, in that way we all win.

and of corse less houers waiting time will rise ouer spy problem too.

maybe a compromise is posible, if you want to switch you need to spend perkpoints, so every switch will be well dicided.

cu christian

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 07:42:49 AM »
11 hours too long.

more like 11 hours and 59 minutes too long.

i fly midwar. the fights often dry up quickly, and move to a point where it would be prudent to change sides to be able to continue finding fights.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2011, 07:55:31 AM »
moin

ok, in the other arena its a bit diverent, but in the MAIN Arena (Lw) we should stay at 12 houers.

cu

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2011, 08:44:24 AM »
in this game you are sometimes on the winner side and sometimes on the loser side, switching to the side what is the best in a moment would not help the game.
if you are on the looser side, stay there and do your best to save your side, in that way we all win.

It's exactly the other way round for most of us renowned side switchers. We don't leave the losing side, we join them. And this is helping the game.

Those who "suffer" from having their team kicked around (and usually fill up country channel with whines about it) are team-loyal. In fact, it's an exaggerated "loyality" that makes them suffer from that in the first place. They do not switch sides - they log off in disgust.

The "spy thing" is one of those gross exaggerations as well. Every fail is alleged to spies. When the 12h limit was imposed again, the generals rejoiced "No more spying!"... but I still see all that allegations on country channel every day, no matter how ridiculous it is.
And those squads that do really want to spy, are not hurt by it at all, nor would they be with 24, 48 or whatever limit. It's the honest players that do suffer.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline chris3

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2011, 09:04:49 AM »
moin

the question is what will the majority do? will say switch to the winner country or switch to the looser country.
maybe there are a few thay will join the kiked country but im sure the majority will switch to grapp perks and win.

well if thay log off its better for the country as if thay switch ;).

cu

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 09:08:25 AM »
im sure the majority will switch to grapp perks and win.

except that's not possible  :headscratch: 

the players who change sides are the type of players who DO NOT CARE about who is winning or losing the war, they're just looking for some action when the arenas are slow and boring

Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2011, 09:12:24 AM »
moin

the question is what will the majority do? will say switch to the winner country or switch to the looser country.
maybe there are a few thay will join the kiked country but im sure the majority will switch to grapp perks and win.

well if thay log off its better for the country as if thay switch ;).

cu

if i recall, before this limit, they had it set up to where you had to have been on a side for at least an hour in order to get the winning sides bonus perks.

for people like me, the lack of ability to switch sides to find a good fight is killing things. even in the lw arenas, if i were fighting one side, and all i could find were hordes, then i'd switch to a different side to find fights with better odds. or if i were on the side where there were nothign but hords, i would switch to get out of the horde.

do you see where i'm going?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)